Who would you like to see....?

...play the KOTOR characters in a live action adaptation?

Ok, I'm sure there are other posts like this somewhere, but Brittany's statement

I've always thought that Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy) would play an amazing Carth if they ever did a movive...

makes me want to ask again... especially since this last week or so I've been completely fixated on seeing this lovely young man play Atton

jamesmarsdenju0.jpg

(James Marsden)

Actually, though, I think he's one of the few people that could pull Mical off successfully as well (or Carth for that matter)... so either way would be cool...

Of course, a lot of my current fixation on Jimmy is due to the fact that I went to Jr High with him... and let me tell you, he was just as adorable then, too.

*sigh*

Anyhow, thoughts?

Edited by qt3.14159

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

i recall threads like this in the past

one thing that was suggested numerous times was Kate Beckinsale as Bastila

and Kelly Hu as Visas was another one i think

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

How about Revan or the Exile?

I think I'd love to see Gwynneth Paltrow play the Exile... she seems to resonate that strong, capable female aura and still stay incredibly cute...

No idea who would play a good Revan though... it would be a very tough role to pull off.

Christian Bale would be awesome! He's got that whole light side / dark side thing down really well.

I can't see Bastila falling for Woody Allen though... no matter how powerful he was... :D

I'd love to see Kevin Spacey as Malak... :D

I'm gonna go on record as a nay-sayer this time. I wouldn't want a live action adaptation of the KotORs. This same discussion was going on a few months back on the Mass Effect boards. There's NO way anybody could live up to what we all have set in our minds. That's why RPGs are superior to film. As hot as James Marsden is, he wouldn't have Nicky Katt's voice, now would he? I also just don't think Patrick Dempsey is hot at all, sorry. Hey Pi, did you only pick actors from Enchanted on purpose? >_<

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Lol, no, Brittany picked Patrick Dempsey, I'd agree that I don't really get him... but her statement put Jimmy in my head (again) so I had to post it...

No, he wouldn't have Nicky's voice... I really wouldn't mind Nicky in the role, but he's not quite got the look of the rogueish scoundrel somehow... Besides, even Nicky doesn't sound like Atton most of the time.

Live action KOTOR would be very hard to get right... and you're probably right, it would *never* live up to all our expectations... but at the same time, I'd love to see it. I'd just like to see if anyone *could* make a decent movie or mini-series out of it...

As long as it told something not depicted in the games (like the comics do)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

OK so I take back my previous mention that Patrick Dempsey would be a good Carth. I actually think Hugh Jackman would play the part much better! For those of you who may not know who that is, he plays Wolverine in X-Men. If they just grew out his hair a little of added those two stubborn pieces that fall over his eye I think he could do a good job!

Hugh_Jackman.jpg

OK so I take back my previous mention that Patrick Dempsey would be a good Carth. I actually think Hugh Jackman would play the part much better! For those of you who may not know who that is, he plays Wolverine in X-Men. If they just grew out his hair a little of added those two stubborn pieces that fall over his eye I think he could do a good job!

I dunno, I still say most of Carth's sex appeal is Sbarge's voice. But that's just me. I like Hugh Jackman, he just doesn't really have a sexy voice. Maybe they can do the whole Darth Vader thing. :(

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I'd watch Hugh Jackman do just about anything... and we know he's good at the whole "forgotten / rediscovering his past" thing...

Babydol's right about Carth's voice, though. I remember swooning when playing Republic Commando, too.

However, that being said, I think I could get over it if it was done well...

And having seen Iron Man and Speed Racer this weekend, I actually have a little faith that Hollywood can get it right sometimes...

Robert Downey, Jr was highly impressive as Tony Stark, I must say. I wouldn't mind seeing him playing Revan either, even if he is a little old for it.

Dye his hair blonde or give him a wig etc. and I think the guy who voiced Disciple (Greg Ellis) would do fine as a live-action Disciple. I base this on seeing the hammy way he acts in bit roles in stuff such as '24', 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree with babydol, in two things. No live action version of KotOR's could ever live up to our expectations. Probably because we all play differently. It's still fun to speculate though. :)

I also agree with her that it's Raphael Sbarge's voice that makes Carth what he is. It's the voice. :shifty:

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Lol I won't deny that the VOICE is what makes him sexy but Rapheal Sbarge doesnt really look like what I'd want in Carth, ya know? I suppose I'd just rather not have any movie come out. I mean if a movie did come out it would be with a male Revan anyway and you'd miss out on the whole Carth/Revan romance. =(

Wouldn't that be a hutt? Didn't Revan even say something about being a hutt in disguise??

Suddenly it all makes sense!

someone who can grow a proper mullet should be Revan, male or female

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Maybe a Family Guy version of either KOTOR or TSL could work. Maybe Lois could be the Exile, Stewie could be Kreia, Mayor West could be Vrook, Bruce could be Zez Kai-Ell, Joe Swanson could be Mandalore, Quagmire could be Atton, Chris could be the Disciple...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

...or you could keep Family Guy out of, well, pretty much everything.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds