Yay! So I finally picked up NWN2 + MotB

Arkan

*oops*

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What a stupid design decision and great waste of potential, Obs :ermm:

Did you disable the traps that would alarm the guards? o:)

Of course.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What a stupid design decision and great waste of potential, Obs :ermm:

Did you disable the traps that would alarm the guards? o:)

Of course.

Hummm... I don't know why they attacked you - I've never had that problem when my thieves go through the house. o:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Is it possible to make a viable unarmed fighter without taking any monk levels? Would use of monk gloves make up for the lack of enchanted fists? Any way to get a little bit better damage from fists?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure they implemented some different animations for h2h combat in MotB, high level stuff. I might be thinking of some other game, though.

That may be, but my half orc fully armored monk was kicking things like a sissy.

Anywho.

So I finished my second run through of the OC, this time with a straight warlock, using medium armor and no weapons (he looks badass, btw). While warlocks seem weaker than other classes on paper, and they may be in some, but in no way are they underpowered. Once they reach higher levels, they really come into their own (as long as you download warlock buddy). It's a really fun class to play once you get the hang of it, regardless of the NUMEROUS bugs associated with the class.

But I digress....

I just got to act II in MotB, and I found the first glaring error. A FRACKING TIMER THAT IS HUNG AROUND YOUR NECK LIKE AN ANVIL. So far, I've spent the better part of the past hour just trying to get my spirit energy to an acceptable level. Yeah, I get the story aspect of it, it's just a horrible way they did things. I'm glad there's a console command to get rid of it. I'm chucking in next chance I get. If I had to deal with that the whole game, it would be unplayable. Anybody else think this feature is the gaybo? They should have made it less of a chore, and this is coming from a character that has a very low craving or whatever. Like maybe every enemy you kill has a % chance to "drop" soul food (yeah, i went there), or you could target their body with the two possible actions. At the same time, you have to use it in combat against ghosts, shades, wraiths, etc. I could never get it to work against vampires (vampire monks? You gotta be pooping me) or death lords, either because it has no effect or it kept getting interrupted, which is also bogus. Finally, you can only use one of the power once...ONCE every 24 hours, and if you use it, you can't use your only other ideal option.

Other than that, I'm liking MotB, but I just have to get rid of the damned timer. Not fun, not funny.

Just one more quick thought. In the OC, There was a console code that effectively allowed you to have every NPC in your party at the same time. I did this, not to cheat and make the game easier, but to get everything out of it I could this run through so I could finally start MotB. So I usually have everyone stay at the beginning of the map, and I'd take a few people with me, whoever I thought would handle my current situation the best, and they were all capped at level 10 until the final battle, where you have everyone anyway. I used the hardest difficult setting as well. The point is, this doesn't seem possible in MotB that I can see. I used the same console command, but their's no place (like in the OC) to "pick" your party that I've come across, and you're really capped at 3 NPCs. Anyway to bypass this, or will I just have to settle with doing away with the timer?

Is it possible to make a viable unarmed fighter without taking any monk levels? Would use of monk gloves make up for the lack of enchanted fists? Any way to get a little bit better damage from fists?

Oh, and the answer is no. :blink:

Oh, and the answer is no. :)

Why would you want to? :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just got to act II in MotB, and I found the first glaring error. A FRACKING TIMER THAT IS HUNG AROUND YOUR NECK LIKE AN ANVIL. So far, I've spent the better part of the past hour just trying to get my spirit energy to an acceptable level. Yeah, I get the story aspect of it, it's just a horrible way they did things.
You're not the only one at all who thought so. But I do not agree. There always are enough possibilities to get your spirit energy high enough, I never had problems even though my character was a caster (druid). Granted, I almost never devoured anything, so the hunger shrunk to a minimum in time. To me, it just added quite a bit to the need to get rid of this damn curse and a motivation for certain reactions by my character. Only tying the way of satisfying the hunger to the alignment was a bit sub-optimal, but removing it (it is removed now, isn't it it?) makes the consequences less noticable.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Indeed, I welcome the spirit-meter and wish we could see more stuff like that in games where plot elements are supposed to affect your character or the world. It's not hard to manage, except *possibly* if you're playing an evil devouring-everything character on the first playthrough. Even if you are, I really doubt you'd run into to much trouble if you try to learn the abilities.

There is even a last way out if your energy gets low, which a really cheap price (way to cheap if you ask me).

And yeah, the alignment shifts for using the abilities were removed in a patch.

I liked it quite a bit. Not perfectly implemented, but I enjoyed it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I was intimidated and frustrated with the spirit-meter at first, too. But then I stopped being obsessive and it actually worked for me. I was just terrified of having any hunger at all that I was afraid to progress in the game and was missing out on the new abilities that would help me manage it better.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wish Obsidian had updated NwN 2 OC with some of MotB new features, like the MUCH improved influence meter that uses a simple 0-100 rating system along with a defining word like Loyal, Neutral etc. That and the new rest system where you can choose to rest to a certain time of day. It wouldn't have really been necessary in NwN 2, as time was in no way a factor to events, but it still would have been nice so the player could enjoy certain parts of the day more.