How do you run KotOR2: TSL?

How do you run KotOR2: TSL?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which setups have you run Kotor 2 on successfully?

• XBox
    • XBox 360
    • PC with Windows XP, without problems
    • PC with Windows XP, some tweaking required
    • PC with Windows Vista, without problems
    • PC with Windows Vista, some tweaking required
    • I've been unable to run KotOR2 with my current setup (please give details)
    • Other (please give details)

I'd be interested in finding out how people are running KotOR2 now. In particular, if people are making tweaks and alterations to their setups to make KotOR2 work better (or at all), that'd be really interesting for others to read.

I last ran KotOR2 with XP and an nVidia GeForce 6600GT, and the only issue I had was the well-documented lag on Dantooine, easily fixed by changing the kotor2.ini file to Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1. I haven't played in the last year and a half, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hey! I have more than 1 answer... I've played on my xbox 360 before, I play on my PC with widows XP, but I just got a new laptop for my b-day, so I'll be trying vista soon... Wish me luck, I guess. (I'm the 'other'...)

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Last time I played it (sometime around the end of 2007), I had no problems with it, as far as I can remember. Windows XP.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It runs on minimum settings on my laptop (XP, Radeon Mobility 9000, 512M RAM), but lags when the machine gets hot.

I installed it on my desktop (Vista32, 8800GTS, 2G RAM), and it launches fine (once I replaced the mss32.dll), but I can't get any sound to work at all. (Using my mobo's onboard sound and a Realtek driver.)

Last time I played, 10-12 months ago, more or less (don't quote me) I was using p4 3.0 (single-core), XP, geforce/7800GS. I'd run the game in 1600x1200 with everything on, and the only issue I had was a bit of lag by those steam pipes in Peragus (sp?)...

That's still what I use...

We have a small game pc (still XP) for the living room, that's slightly more modern, with a dual-core, ATI card setup that runs newer games a lot better than my main 'working' pc, but I haven't tried Kotor2 on it. I should do that sometime. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Windows XP (sp2), P4 2.8 Ghz, GeForce FX5900 Ultra. No tweaking. Runs mostly nicely. I used to get the extreme lagging in the residential area on Telos Station. A few years ago, I updated my Gfx drivers and it went away. Now I get the lagging on the plains of Dantooine instead :bat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My craptastic computer (1.7GHz P4, <1GB Ram, Radeon 9600 Pro, XP SP2)) runs it quite well. Runs on medium-high settings. Does require some tweaking, namely the "DisableVertexBuffer=1" thing in order to get a playable framerate on Dantooine. Can't recall running into any other problems.

Edited by Deraldin

Ran flawlessly on my 2 PC's (ME and XP) I tried it on. Only the software-depending bugs, and the ME had the Dantooine Lag pre-ini edit.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've been able to run the first KOTOR flawlessly on my current setup, but KOTOR 2 refuses to run unless I disable the sound--and playing with no audio isn't very fun (with sound enabled swkotor2.exe still shows up in the task manager, but there's no game to play).

My current setup is as follows-

Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop:

Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2

Intel Core Duo T2250 CPU(s) @ 1.73 Ghz

2 Gigs RAM @ 533 Mhz

SigmaTel Audio Card (unknown model/type)

nVidia GeForce Go GS 7900 video card

DXDIAG indicates nothing wrong with my system. Given that I can run the game with audio disabled the problem would seem to be with the sound card more than anything else, but if that's true then why can I run the original KOTOR and not the sequel...?

Forcing Software sound does nothing. Patching has had nil effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Crimson Inquisitor

I have a very serious problem with KOTOR II, enough to make me break down and cry! I downloaded the game as a torrent, installed it perfectly, but it has problems running properly! If I mount the .bin or .cue files,and/or convert those files into .iso format, even if I try to hide the virtual drive, it does not work! If I download a no-cd patch and apply it, the game then runs perfectly, but crashes after char. creation and the first movie! My comp runs the first game perfectly, which was also pirated, but doesn't run the sequel! I compared the system analysis side by side between the two games, and its exactly the same! I even tried the disable vertex buffer objects=1 trick, and it still won't work! someone help me! should I just buy the game itself, or is there a way around all of this! please help! I'm about to go insane over it! E-mail me at erock 45@hotmail.com with the answer to my plight, I beg thee!!!

Buy the game if you want to play it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes, but is there a special way around all of the difficulty besides this solution???!!! If there is, please tell me!!!

Buy the ****ing game already - we are not going to help you pirate it.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yes, but is there a special way around all of the difficulty besides this solution???!!! If there is, please tell me!!!

Yes. I don't know if you live in the US, but you might want to try this help line +1 (800) 388-7478 :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein