MTW 2 Project

dlayman

For a school project I chose to evaluate a popular computer game and the people who play it. I chose MTW 2 because I love it. If any one could please post replys to my survey it would be a great help. Thanks.

1. How old are you?

2. How often do you play MTW?

3. For how long a day do you play MTW?

4. To the best of your knowledge what is your family

1. 27

2. On and off.

3. 4 hours.

4. European as I am European.

5. Portugal, Egypt, Denmark, England.

6. Yes, as I am Portuguese.

7. It has, for me, the best RTS gameplay ever, and the TBS portion of the game isn't too shabby either.

8. It would, if it wasn't a bit iffy on that department.

9. None.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1.How old are you?

I'm in college and can sell alcohol if I wanted to - let's just leave it at that.

2.How often do you play MTW?

I don't play often as I do not own a full copy of the game - but I have played the demo several times and think that it might be worth buying a full copy.

3.For how long a day do you play MTW?

My games last about an hour to three hours - depending on the difficulty and scenario.

4.To the best of your knowledge what is your family

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

For a school project I chose to evaluate a popular computer game and the people who play it. I chose MTW 2 because I love it. If any one could please post replys to my survey it would be a great help. Thanks.

1. How old are you?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Heh, ok.

1. How old are you?

I purchased the game at release, and played it quite often for about two-three months. Since then, I haven't touched it.

Back when I was playing, about two or three hours a day, if I was home.

4. To the best of your knowledge what is your family’s history? European? African? Asian?

Asian. (South Korea)

5. What factions do you usually play as?

Nearly always the Byzantine Empire, otherwise England.

6. Does your family history effect your faction choice?

Well, since I'm Korean, it can't, as the game does not cover this area. If the game covered the area and faithfully rendered the countries in the region (instead of, say, Europa Universalis, where it's just a small country in the middle of nowhere), then yes, I think I would be playing my country a lot. But it also has to do with gameplay choices; e.g. I don't really like England or anything, but I used to play them just for the longbowmen. Finally, it wouldn't really have anything to do with patriotism or wanting to make my country awesome; it'd just be that I know a lot about Korean history and history of that region, so it would be more fun for me to play... just like, say, me playing the Byzantine Empire.

7. Why do you play MTW?

I played MTW2 (and also RTW and MTW) because I love history, and that game, for a while, gives you a sense of forming a historical narrative, and it really helps immersion. In all of those games I would play in as much a 'historical' manner as possible (not expanding too fast, not conquering areas the said country never even had designs on, etc). I stopped because the AI was extremely horrible and the game became a grind-fest of battle after battle, and that didn't help the historical narrative thing either. It's a pity because it's a good concept and a good game.

8. Does the historic validity of MTW encourage you to play?

See (7), I guess. Yeah, that is a large part of its appeal.

9. What aspects about MTW encourage you to play over other computer games of the same medieval genre, like World of Warcraft?

World of Warcraft isn't medieval though. :/ I'm surprised you say this. The warcraft world is High Fantasy, a genre which takes inspiration from medieval Europe as well as other areas, such as Nordic mythology. World of Warcraft in the end really has nothing to do with the medieval genre. This might be pedantic, but I thought you would want to clear something like that up.

Anyway, rather than MTW encouraging me, yeah, for the same reason I play MTW, I also got into other games like Civilisation or Europa Universalis.

1. How old are you?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

1. How old are you?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell