An example of why it isn't always God

Humodour

these aren't examples of science. they are examples of fraud, i.e. snake oil, portraying themselves as science.

The issue with the given examples isn't in them being true or not, it's the attitudes surrounding them, as you've just proved.

Calling the possible health effects of electromagnetic radiation a 'fraud' is an example of this since there is such conflicting data. The same goes with homeopathy.

Unless, of course, I misunderstood what you meant.

whether they work or not is not the question, or if there is some effect, it is the use of the name of science that is fraudulent in my context. i.e., assuming that i picked up on walker's intent, he's using examples of "scientifically proved" methods/effects when in fact they are not. some may actually work, or do things that are claimed, but it is not science which was my original point about science being humble. science itself is very humble, there just happen to be those that are willing to misuse the name of science to further their own ends (the same applies that there are those that misuse religion).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

says the guy who doesn't believe mankind has effect on climate change

haw haw haw haw

...sorry, that was uncalled for. Carry on

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

one bummer for walkerguy:

Where do we need God?

Your life.

To explain what we need Him?

Rephrase.

And above all, if really need one, why it must be conscious one?

W-What are you saying?

walkerguy in bold (f***ed up the quote system)

Now this is great time for my keyboard to act funny. It's dropping out letters and words *sigh*

Why do your existance as biological being require God?

The universe is god's so that filters down to us. If you reject god, then, well :o . Not out of spite but of your ignorance. I mean, its free...

That second one should be what we need him for...

With second question I meaned more like what it would mean if we humans would've made god up. For what spiritual/moral/social/etc. reason we need him for? And why we can't do fine without one?

If he were fake he would serve no purpose. You can go to hell without one.

"W-What are you saying?"

Exactly what I wrote. Why god must be personal or to be even more specific, Conscious Being?

God must be personal if you accept...

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

...accept what, Jesus Christ as your saviour?

Sure, that is fact if Christian Dogma is true. The conversation I've tried to initiate here doesn't make nod towards existence or unexistence of God. They're much more conceptual and general questions

edit: nvm, you had your answers inside quote so I didn't realize you had answered :o

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

whether they work or not is not the question, or if there is some effect, it is the use of the name of science that is fraudulent in my context. i.e., assuming that i picked up on walker's intent, he's using examples of "scientifically proved" methods/effects when in fact they are not. some may actually work, or do things that are claimed, but it is not science which was my original point about science being humble. science itself is very humble, there just happen to be those that are willing to misuse the name of science to further their own ends (the same applies that there are those that misuse religion).

Ah, yes, I had misunderstood, and I very much agree.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'll try to answer some questions:

"Why do your existance as biological being require God? What do we need him for?"

That question is going to have a different answer for almost every individual. Society in general has always taken comfort in the ability to explain away the unknown. Religion has also been used to establish certain moral codes. Probably the most important aspect of religion is the ability to create a united community. It moves past the typical family bonds that bind humans together and creates a larger and more powerful whole.

But that is just a quick and dirty history, I'm sure someone will come along and say that science and social awareness have surpassed the need for such religious hogwash.

I fail to see that, the world is still predominately made up of religious folks. Maybe when 90% of people dismiss God, I'll question my own faith, but I don't see that ever happening. The world and the people on it is filled with spirituality. Of course I would enjoy seeing more tolerance and less abuses, but a society without religion doesn't guarantee that at all.

Personally, I try and educate myself in every religion, every form of spiritualism. That's because I think they all are right in their own way. The only wrong I see is when you close yourself off from the beliefs of others. I might settle down some day and say "this is the right belief for me" but I don't see how that makes someone else wrong for choosing a different spiritual path. God is a representation of spirituality.

I need lunch, so I'm stopping there. I can probably ramble on later.

Having mixed religions... that doesn't fly in christianity. 10 commandments, commandment #1: Have no other gods (or religions, idols) before me. Hey its far shorter than the constitution, I'll follow it.

Well trying to act super holy is made moot by the fact a christian group I go to each tuesday plays halo 3. Not by much. Would playing halo 3 be a sin? :) Not exactly...

Twitter | @Insevin

The question of "why" cannot be answered because humans demand a human answer. The universe is full of purpose; we simply choose not to see it.

Are you responding to this?

Why do your existance as biological being require God?

Twitter | @Insevin

Having mixed religions... that doesn't fly in christianity. 10 commandments, commandment #1: Have no other gods (or religions, idols) before me. Hey its far shorter than the constitution, I'll follow it.

Well trying to act super holy is made moot by the fact a christian group I go to each tuesday plays halo 3. Not by much. Would playing halo 3 be a sin? :) Not exactly...

Where did I say I worship idols? Believing in a singular God is possible in many different religions.

Where did I say I worship idols? Believing in a singular God is possible in many different religions.

I didn't mean you worship idols. I meant the statement in general. For christiananity, you can worship only one god: uhhhh... God. I admit, I dunno why he doesn't have a better name. :)

Twitter | @Insevin

says the guy who doesn't believe mankind has effect on climate change

haw haw haw haw

...sorry, that was uncalled for. Carry on

yet another mis-characterization of my and/or my opinions... but at least you laughed about it. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I didn't mean you worship idols. I meant the statement in general. For christiananity, you can worship only one god: uhhhh... God. I admit, I dunno why he doesn't have a better name. :)

Ok, so what happens if you lead a good life but you don't worship one god? I know what different churches claim, but what is your opinion? Keep in mind that different denominations of Christianity have different concepts of the afterlife.

What about Muslims? They worship one God. Are they on the same footing as Christians? I know that sounds like a set up question, but I'm just trying to get a better grasp of your ideology.

Ok, so what happens if you lead a good life but you don't worship one god? I know what different churches claim, but what is your opinion? Keep in mind that different denominations of Christianity have different concepts of the afterlife.

What about Muslims? They worship one God. Are they on the same footing as Christians? I know that sounds like a set up question, but I'm just trying to get a better grasp of your ideology.

What I know is that if someone doesn't know Jesus, they go to :) . Sorry. Yes, even if they never had a chance. Many will burn until the whole world knows. Democracy now! Also, muslims are in the same category as other non-christians, I'd say.

what is the purpose of the universe, then?

To obey the laws of physics.

Not necessarily. Quantom physics my friend, not to mention fictional technology such as outer demonsional energy. These don't follow "laws of physics". Well thats fictional and therefore moot.

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Oh, I don't mean the laws of physics in the sense of the limited understanding we humans have - but the true laws that govern all the cosmos, and which escape our comprehension.
You still didn't address the fictional technologies that refute your position but are also moot.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What I know is that if someone doesn't know Jesus, they go to :) . Sorry. Yes, even if they never had a chance. Many will burn until the whole world knows. Democracy now! Also, muslims are in the same category as other non-christians, I'd say.

I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.