British Humour is in the Genes

Humodour

So are Flight of the Conchords

hehe i bumped into Jermaine in town a while ago and grabbed a coffee

he seems a pretty cool dude

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm not a fan of Fawlty Towers actually, Cleese is pretty good but the show has entirely too much screechy yelling and isn't really tyte.

I love Blackadder, Monty Python and Black Books though.

So are Flight of the Conchords

hehe i bumped into Jermaine in town a while ago and grabbed a coffee

he seems a pretty cool dude

You know, it certainly makes living in Wellington seem cooler to me.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Dropping the u is stupid. It's part of a general Americanisation to dumb the language down. Exempli gratia: 'thru'.

What?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Dropping the u is stupid. It's part of a general Americanisation to dumb the language down. Exempli gratia: 'thru'.

What?

tl;dr

I still don't understand what you are saying.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest The Architect
wellington is cool beans

you guys should all come! (except you TA) :lol:

Yeah ha ha ha. Funny ****er aren't ya? :)

And I'm devastated that you don't want me to come to Wellington. My life is meaningless if I don't go to the almighty Wellington! Really. :shifty:

Edited by The Architect

Pooha. A good joke is a good joke, and a bad joke is a bad joke.

You mean like "Be wary of lending anything to winkles. They can be a little shellfish." ?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've never seen the British version of "The Office." Maybe I'd like it better. I don't find the American one funny at all, even tho I do like Steve Carell.

I often like cynical/sarcastic satire/attitude & humor (the dad in that 70's show, George Carlin, Dr. House, Monty Python etc.) but something about The Office ... I've tried to watch it repeatedly but it never makes me even crack a smile. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cable on-demand has some of the British version, and I tried to watch it. I still didn't like it. It's just not funny ... I guess the humor is far too subtle for me and is too much like watching people in a real office occasionally mutter to each other - it puts me to sleep. Hubby doesn't like it either. I guess we're not with it. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hehe :sorcerer:

The point being - it's boring to listen to to unless you're somehow "in" on the joke. :)