A remake or even a patch will do good

Ok, so heres the facts

I was listening to one of their audio results, and they say that they are about 80% done. But then the Dash's fault WIP page probably slowed them down. I know that they finished:

The Lean Animation

T3 and Atton Pazak game

Visas fight(you now know what happened to your eyes)

Most/all of the Hk factory

plotting against Kreia on malachor

genohadreon(not sure on that one...)

more

I know they still need to do some stuff, but I'd place project completion at about 80-90% finished. you call that 'not done?'

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Ok, so heres the facts

I was listening to one of their audio results, and they say that they are about 80% done. But then the Dash's fault WIP page probably slowed them down. I know that they finished:

The Lean Animation

T3 and Atton Pazak game

Visas fight(you now know what happened to your eyes)

Most/all of the Hk factory

plotting against Kreia on malachor

genohadreon(not sure on that one...)

more

I know they still need to do some stuff, but I'd place project completion at about 80-90% finished. you call that 'not done?'

I don't know why people are judging me for my desparate wish...

BIOShazard...If you have seen all the content you mentioned with your 'two eyes' then there is nothing left for me to say except 'Hurray!'...I have just become hopeless...people tells that this project won't be finished etc.

But you know that they have finished most of their job now I'm positive again about gizka...God save them...

What part that Obsidian can't do jack about KotOR2 without LA's approval do you not get, Syn? Obsidian already offered to do the patchwork for KotOR2 for free. LA said no. End of story. When the publisher who owns the rights to the game says no that means NO!

After all this time Obsidian has better things to do than patch KotOR2 even if LA would let them do so now. KotOR2 is done and over with.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest The Architect

*I'm going off topic, but...

Then in KOTOR2, you have characters that I could care less if I ejected them from the airlock on the Ebon Hawk, an ending that explains nothing, a hack'n'slash frag fest through the majority of the game, a copy and past plot from the first game (remove star maps from the quest log and replace it with the jedi masters and BOOM, the same thing all over again). I could go on the whole day but I'm not wearing out my keyboard for it.

Hahahaha. Yeah, totally.

You're confusing the structure with the plot. The structure always supports the plot and is secondary to it. If you can hold onto the spirit of the predecessor by embracing the template while writing a completely different type of story, then that's what you should do, and that's what they did do in TSL, only time constraints and being ****ed around by LA for the first three months affected the end product.

K1 was a very classic black and white Star Wars plot with a super lame idiot of a villain.

K2 was all shades of grey with multiple and far more complex villains.

Same structure =! same story.

Boo ****ing hoo TSL also used 4 McGuffins; TSL is a totally different plot to K1, just that it has the same underlying elements such as Sith, Jedi, ships, planets, aliens, leading a group of companions on an adventure to stop the bad guy... but it's Star Wars, what the **** did you expect?

If you're still convinced TSL is a K1 rip off, then please, tell me what they did that was copied from K1's story.

Speaking of trailers and such...

I wish I could find that latest trailer they had at KOTOR II's website (before it was removed)...been looking on Youtube and such but can't find it, all I get are the early trailers >.< :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I'm sure videos are no-brainers (show the coolest bits of a game) put together in conjunction with pr teams and the like, so I can't imagine they really take away from actual game development. :(

You honestly think its that simple?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Speaking of trailers and such...

I wish I could find that latest trailer they had at KOTOR II's website (before it was removed)...been looking on Youtube and such but can't find it, all I get are the early trailers >.< :unsure:

do remember what its about? Because I can find anything on youtube :):shifty:

q

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

I'm sure videos are no-brainers (show the coolest bits of a game) put together in conjunction with pr teams and the like, so I can't imagine they really take away from actual game development. :p

You honestly think its that simple?

Mostly, yeah. I don't include publicity campaigns as part of game development though, just to clarify this: I mean the actual writing of code and game testing. Do you honestly think that the actual game developers take on-board the marketing duties too, particularly when it comes to the multi-million dollar franchise of Star Wars?

Video previews of games are fairly formulaic and no different to say a music video; reveal a bit about the story, show pc flourishing lightsabers, show dramatic bit of cinematic interlude, have developer 'interview' stating how they are pushing the limits on technology, show pc putting the death grip on some, fade to credits. Any third-year film student can probably put together a pretty convincing video and make Barbie's Summer Blast Adventures look like the coolest game since Street Fighter 2. Particularly when it comes to Star Wars games, my gut feeling tells me that Lucas (thinks it) knows what its average customer wants from a game, so I don't expect them to go all out on the directorial/cinematographic aspect of a promo video.

it never bugged me that LA released a buggey game what bugged me is that the never tried to patch it up.

hahahha i said buggy

Totally. Their support forums are notoriously useless on top of it.

Once in a while you might find some help over there, but not often, unless it's a really hot topic.

I'm over there quite a bit, I do like the community, but their forum software really blows... I wish they'd update that already.

I'm seeing these announcements concerning progress with TSLRP, and all I can think to say is "it's about time". I was beginning to seriously wonder if this would ever come to fruition, but it looks as though they're finally getting closer to completion...

Intel Core i5 760 2.8 GHz / MSI P55-CD53 / 8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series PC10666 1333 MHz DDR3 / MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Hawk Edition 1 GB