BREAKING NEWS: NEW SONIC DARK BROTHERHOOD PREVIEW

Llyranor

http://ds.ign.com/articles/852/852731p1.html

Lots of screenies in the images section. The 2D art is good stuff.

Currently we've got a decent sized team with over thirty people.
Eggman was defeated some time ago and Sonic has gone out to explore the rest of his world. He has been gone for a while and then gets a call from Tails - Knuckles has been kidnapped! Not only that, the chaos emeralds are disappearing!

!!!!

The first Act takes place mostly in Sonic's World. Sonic and his friends are figuring out what is happening and trying to stop the Master Emerald from being taken. In the Second act, the group must travel to another dimension to stop a new threat to Sonic's World.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I wonder if they are going to release a PC version.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I love how every single damn RPG these days use a different dimension. Even Sonic!

This means evoking a feeling of speed and attitude in the player's interaction with Sonic.

Clearly, this means we will have rollercoaster rides filled with "PRESS THIS BUTTON" prompts, but with attitude as well. Maybe they will whip you if you're not fast enough.

Huh.

I don't own a console, but I looked at KotOR back when it was being developed. I checked out Jade Empire, too, because parts of that sounded interesting as well. Mass Effect looks cool, but again, no XBox, so I'm not particularly fussed with it just yet, and I'd rather not be spoiled if it turns out I do buy.

But Sonic... I've just got nuthin' at all for Sonic. Some BioGames I've liked, others have disappointed, some have made me almost consider buying a console, some have had me wishing that they'd run with a different aspect of "story-driven" than main plot line and joinable NPCs, but there's always been something about the games they've made that has piqued my interest, whatever the reason happened to be or whether I've bought them or not. Sonic, though... not even a glimmer of interest, and that's a new one for me, at least as regards a Bioware title.

I wish them well with it but for me personally, this title's already forgotten.

Edited by Magnum Opus

I wonder if they are going to release a PC version.

Seriously doubt it. It would be like, THE first handheld game ported to a PC ever.

Phoenix Wright had a Windows port.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have to wonder, why is Bioware making a game for the worst franchise still alive?

All the recent sonic games have been crap, how would Bioware make it any better? By adding a sex scene?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

All the recent sonic games have been crap, how would Bioware make it any better? By adding a sex scene?

Because we all know the quality of a game is entirely dependent upon the franchise. Not the developers.

30 people for a DS game? I have seen teams half that big making full blown PC games....but hey.

Yeah, handheld games now a days are pretty much just like regular games.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, i've got high hopes for the next Barbies Horse Adventures.

I hear it's going to have co-op.

Because we all know the quality of a game is entirely dependent upon the franchise. Not the developers.

That's not what I meant... okay maybe a little.

The point is, Sonic games have been spiraling downwards for a long time now, and they haven't been getting any better. I don't see the point of trying to "revive" it when every other developper has failed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The point is, Sonic games have been spiraling downwards for a long time now, and they haven't been getting any better. I don't see the point of trying to "revive" it when every other developper has failed.

Because "every other developer" has been the same developer. When things are failing because of the same developer, try a different developer.

Not really, only the 3D ones are sucking... the new 2D ones like Sonic Rush 1 and 2 on Nintendo DS were good games if you like that sort of thing and got some 9's out of 10 in reviews.

The problem is that Sonic doesnt translate to 3D very well, or at least it's hard to make it translate. Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast was the best effort at a 3D Sonic game and is still a pretty good game, the rest... not so much.

I havent played many 3D Sonic games but the 2D ones are still great fun and I'm looking forward to what Bioware are up to.

It's a fair point though, CRPGs are as 'mainstream' as they are now thanks mostly to bioware.

Black Isle et al might have made better games, subject to opinion, but it's Bioware thats really put CRPGs on the map.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)