Vapourware: Thy Name Is Dragon Age!

Volourn

you mean it will definitely be released by april 2009?

wow, you know what else is coming soon?

frakking Christmas.

Fiscal Year 2009 Q1 actually starts in April 2008, not 2009. They have a weird way of naming their fiscal years..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Your evidence is wrong. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"The most disappointing game Bioware has made is NWN1"

Hilariously enough, it's their most successful game. R00fles!

And, their best.

Period.

The Baldur's Gate games are their best. Without those they wouldn't be at where they are now. NWN had horrible graphics and a lackluster story.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"Without those they wouldn't be at where they are now"

Nah. Disagree. With out BIO, the BGs wouldn't be where theya re. BIO made BIO. Not some silly game.

P.S. NWN > BGs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mass Effect owns all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Fiscal Year 2009 Q1 actually starts in April 2008, not 2009. They have a weird way of naming their fiscal years..

that's what newc meant, i.e. it will be out no later than april 2009 since it is "during FY 2009" which ends april 2009.

not really a weird way of naming fiscal years, quite common actually. most companies i've worked for start sometime right after tax time. the government (US) starts in october for that matter. nobody wants to start the fiscal year during tax time... it would be an accounting nightmare.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Mass Effect owns all.

No, it doesn't.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We all know Kaftan has very poor taste, Meshugger

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

We all know Kaftan has very poor taste, Meshugger

Yeah, valiant warriors of truth, like me, has to step up against such vile comments from the tyranny sometimes :aiee:

I will not comment on Dragon Age until there's a new gameplay video released.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you claim that ME isnt the best game BioWare has ever made, you're either insane or you havent played it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

R00fles! Volo is on crack again. :aiee:

Again?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

that's what newc meant, i.e. it will be out no later than april 2009 since it is "during FY 2009" which ends april 2009.

thanks taks, i'm pleased someone understood me.

my point was that even if 'fiscal year 2009' means 'sometime before april 2009', that still means that DA could be as many as fourteen months away.

in other words, while i'm sure i'll be be psyched to finally play DA when it comes out, it's hard to get excited in Feb 08 for a game that might not be released for more than a year.

dumber than a bag of hammers

If you claim that ME isnt the best game BioWare has ever made, you're either insane or you havent played it.

I say it is their third best game.

Poor taste doesn't excuse insulting my perfect sanity :aiee:

Only NWN 1 OC is worse than Mass Effect. Dragon Age will rule them all.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

1. Mass Effect

2. Jade Empire (ranked higher than kotor because it has real gameplay)

3. Kotor

..and the rest are fantasy rpg's

Kaftan manages to be bad troll and imbecile at the same time. That alone doesn't make him unique though, but he is also swedish :sorcerer:

Ranking Jade Empire over BG2 is ridiculous

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Oh, come on. The Infinity engine had boring combat, JE made fighting fun, if a little bit too easy. The story and characters were just as good(or bad).

Can anybody explain to me why Dragon Age is so exciting? We know barely anything about the game, so how can anyone say it's going to be better than Mass Effect/Kotor/Jade Empire?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Can anybody explain to me why Dragon Age is so exciting? We know barely anything about the game"

YOU may not know much about the game, but some of US do. :sorcerer:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.