Best Fundie Quotes of All Time

Xard

OK, on Hulegu, I know for a fact that there are writings attributed to him that speak of his conquests with a distinct religious tone. I got the impression that it was like a Buddhist "holy war" against Islamic Lands with the way in which he is reported to have spoke. I like Mongol history, so I'm in to this stuff, and he's just the first example that pops up.

On the Monks, sorry for being vague, but recently, in Sri Lanka, there have been reports of "militant" Buddhists burning churches down and generally "terrorizing" Christians. We don't hear much on them of course, but then again, we didn't hear much about Muslim extremists until 9-11.

On recency, the fact is that Islam and Christianity get a huge amount of flak for their past histories. Jihads and Crusades and the like. If you think about it, the so called "Jihad" now is pathetic in comparison to the past, but the sensationalism surrounding it makes it seem like a real major threat. The "Crusades" of today are relegated to some pathetic abortion clinic bombings (we admittedly do not get much sensationalism about them though).

Edited by Qwerty the Sir

On the Monks, sorry for being vague, but recently, in Sri Lanka, there have been reports of "militant" Buddhists burning churches down and generally "terrorizing" Christians. We don't hear much on them of course, but then again, we didn't hear much about Muslim extremists until 9-11

I didn't know much about the situation in Shi Lanka in reguards to Buddhism so I did some digging and this came up:

http://www.tamilcanadian.com/page.php?cat=52&id=637

If this isn't an example as Buddhism being used as a tool for power then I don't know what is.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

And that is coming from one of our more loving moderators! :)

Wait, is me being bigoted more ironic than you not getting my irony?

I was going for the double irony, Walsh. Me being "bigoted" against Christianity and everything. :p

Besides, if I thought you were being serious I would have PMed Fio over that remark.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I was going for the double irony, Walsh. Me being "bigoted" against Christianity and everything. :p

Besides, if I thought you were being serious I would have PMed Fio over that remark.

Nonsense, you'd have baked me a cake. Or so I shall fondly imagine.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There is no cake.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I could write Obsidian Forums.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The Sandbox?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And that is coming from one of our more loving moderators! :aiee:

I was going for the double irony, Walsh. Me being "bigoted" against Christianity and everything. :aiee:

There is no cake.

The Cake is a lie.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot