Best Fundie Quotes of All Time

Xard

You can never successfully debate with someone who doesnt accept reason and logic. Fortunantly, there arent a lot religious nuts that are that fanatic.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't think it is alright to be a part of any religion that advocates discrimination and ignorance

Yes, I agree. >_<

Anyway, I could link to that TV show where they stuck the words NORTH KOREA to Australia and showed it to random Texans and they were all like, "I didn't realise they were so big", but you know, we already know every demographic has its share of stupid people.

got to 3:22

How can people be so stupid? I mean, for godsakes! Didn't they even go to high school? That is basic geography.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Geeze, love thy neighbour much?

For claiming to love and follow Jesus, these people are pretty busy ignoring everything he supposedly said.

I especially like how you can't read four quotes on that page without atheists being accused of wanting to commit genocide against christians, yet you also can't read four quotes on that page without reading about a christian's wishes to murder all atheists.

Guest The Architect
it's always exasperating to try and talk to people like this on a rational level

always their automatic response to anything that makes them possibly want to question their beliefs is just that "it must be a test from God" or "Satan trying to tempt them"

don't get me wrong, i don't mind christians. i just find it so puzzling when i come across people like this

just the fact that someone can let themselves be so consumed by such belief

Just ignore them. If your experience with a particular jerk religious nut/jerk atheist person suggests to you that they've already made up their minds, won't listen to what you have to say, and may get verbally or physically confrontational with you if you try to argue with them, then don't give them the time of the day, if you have the choice. Don't underestimate the power of the silent treatment.

How can one have a rational conversation about a irrational belief system with one who holds those irrational beliefs to be true?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The belief that some omnipetent perfect being that created everything which left no evidence behind of such creation except for a few lines of text that has been interpreted and reinterpreted by imperfect beings over the course of thousands of years doesn't seem that rational to me. Such a belief requires faith, and faith, by its very nature, is not rational.

To each there own, I guess.

Edited by Sand

Guest The Architect

Well the belief that the origin of the Universe and of life had nothing to do with some greater power beyond our understanding can also be seen as irrational. I think it's incredibly rude and supercilious of you to view all believers of God as crazy.

Being a christian does not immediately make someone irrational. In fact, he injects it with a level of modern logic that I did not know was possible.

I have a friend who is a Jehavo's Witness and we'r fine as long as we dont touch certain key topics

-Lucas?

-Yeah?

-Dinsaurs, man.

*followed by a 3.5hour argument where science if claimed to be a belief system, carbon14 questioned and mayhem ensues*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well the belief that the origin of the Universe and of life had nothing to do with some greater power beyond our understanding can also be seen as irrational. I think it's incredibly rude and supercilious of you to view all believers of God as crazy.

Only as irrational as the notiun that the origin of the universe and life had something to do with some greater power. Hypoctrical much?

Guest The Architect

Hardly. I never said there wasn't anything irrational about the belief that the origin of life and the Universe had something to do with a greater power beyond our understanding.

And note that I said the belief that the origin of life and the Universe had nothing to do with a greater power beyond our understanding can be seen as irrational, not that it actually is.

I think you missed my point, which was it's hardly fair to question the rationality of someone based solely on whether they believe in a higher being or not. The previous post here of mine was directed at Sand, by the way, not you.

Edited by The Architect

The only rational course is not have any beliefs and go by the information we have and continue scientific study. The most rational thing to say when asked who or what started the universe and all life on Earth would be "I don't know" then the most rational course of action would be finding out by gathering evidence and materials for scientific study to find out. Those who seek to follow irrational beliefs over the facts gathered are crazy, however, sometimes it is better to be crazy than right.

And there may be somethings we may never find out. We may never find out what actually caused the universe to be created with any level of certainty. Instead of resorting to religion and the supernatural to find answers to the unanswerable we just need to accept that there are no answers to be had in the first place.

Edited by Sand

Guest The Architect

Evidence and materials for scientific study? Are you serious? It's impossible to prove or disprove whether an omnipotent being was responsible for the origin of life or not, so that being the case, I don't see what's wrong with choosing to believe whether a God/s exist or not. It only becomes stupid when one refuses to acknowledge their belief is just that, a belief, and what they believe might not be true.

Edit: Oh, right. And not may never find out, we won't.

Edited by The Architect

Everyone has beliefs Sand, even you.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Evidence and materials for scientific study? Are you serious? It's impossible to prove or disprove whether an omnipotent being was responsible for the origin of life or not, so that being the case, I don't see what's wrong with choosing to believe whether a God/s exist or not. It only becomes stupid when one refuses to acknowledge there belief is just that, a belief, and what they believe might not be true.

Edit: Oh, right.

Beliefs are irrational. That is my point. Yes, it is impossible to prove or disprove, at our current level of technology, that a omnipotent being was responsible for the origin of life. Yet the irrational person would give a definite answer one way or another while the rational person would say "I don't know."

Everyone has beliefs Sand, even you.

I never said I was a rational human being.

Guest The Architect

"I don't know. I believe there's a God, but truthfully, I don't know for sure. I can't be certain. No one can."

So how can you say beliefs are irrational then?

And once again, no level of technology could ever prove whether a God/s exist or not. Not now. Not ever. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Because they are. That is my belief.

Guest The Architect

Then you're being hypocritical, since you think beliefs are irrational, yet you have a belief yourself - that beliefs are irrational.

As I said to Pidesco, I never claimed to be a rational human being.