torment and BG2 questions

fishdogg

I'm trying to play torment again and have failed to get the game to work. It crashes everytime once I try to leave the mortuary. It says Microsoft C++ runtime error. Think it is having problems with playing the movie. I have Windows xp 2000 and service pack 2 installed. Please if anyone knows I'd love to play that game again.

Also Baldurs gate 2 always lol I can't figure out 2 things in the game everytime i play it. In the temple area, there is that dudes house pinachio or whatever his name is. I can't get the door open he always says go away.

Also there is a house in the temple area where if you kill everyone in there. You get 2 empty vials I never knew what those are for. Lol if anyone knows what they are for I'd love to know and how to get in thaqt dudes house.

Also wanted to add I see alot of posts about torment being the best game ever made. Even when I talk to be about games that like roleplaying games. It's always the same thing torment planescape was the best game ever made roleplaying style. MAN I HOPE THEY MAKE A SEQUEL. Suikoden one I played as a kid. Game was so dang popular it didn't make alot of sales at first. But the company got such a demand to make a sequel it sold so fast. Now there up to number 5 in suikoden now. Got to admit though whoever designed suikoden 3 and 4 didn't do to well. But suikoden 1 2 and 5 were awesome. Suikoden 3 was good also. Suikoden 4 just plain blew cause of all the water traveling. I mean to get to one island to the next if you never played it before can take an hour just sailing and fighting enemies on the ocean.

We already have a Planescape: Torment thread here, and it's generally better to avoid duplication where possible, so please keep discussion and bug-solving for Torment on that thread.

If anyone has an answer to the BG2 question, that can go here. And thus there is order in the universe and balance is preserved. :sorcerer:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think the house you are talking about is part of Korgan's quest. So you need him in your party to enter the house.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also Baldurs gate 2 always lol I can't figure out 2 things in the game everytime i play it. In the temple area, there is that dudes house pinachio or whatever his name is. I can't get the door open he always says go away.

If it is the house I am thinking of, then it would be "the collector". Part of Korgans quest for a certain book.

Also there is a house in the temple area where if you kill everyone in there. You get 2 empty vials I never knew what those are for. Lol if anyone knows what they are for I'd love to know and how to get in thaqt dudes house.

Not for anything as far as I know. Just junk.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Also wanted to add I see alot of posts about torment being the best game ever made. Even when I talk to be about games that like roleplaying games. It's always the same thing torment planescape was the best game ever made roleplaying style. MAN I HOPE THEY MAKE A SEQUEL. Suikoden one I played as a kid. Game was so dang popular it didn't make alot of sales at first. But the company got such a demand to make a sequel it sold so fast. Now there up to number 5 in suikoden now. Got to admit though whoever designed suikoden 3 and 4 didn't do to well. But suikoden 1 2 and 5 were awesome. Suikoden 3 was good also. Suikoden 4 just plain blew cause of all the water traveling. I mean to get to one island to the next if you never played it before can take an hour just sailing and fighting enemies on the ocean.

No offense meant but you should really do something about your writing style... it's barely readable... Make your posts more structured and more comprehensive and people might be able to better help you...

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Not for anything as far as I know. Just junk.

Correct if I remember correctly. They were part of a quest that got cut and they weren't removed.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Thanks I never use the evil characters on game didn't know that was his quest. My main character is always on every game a paladin or druid/fighter dual class. For Baldur's gate 2 once you get the +5 holy avenger, boots of haste and the cloak of magic reflect from the underwater city. Your paladin is more not like a character, your more like a FORCE to be reckoned with ripping through stuff. Great game

I hate Paladins.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't care. I'll kick their asses. Stupid, self righteous ninnies.

Heja Sverige!!

Okay, o bard-loving person, answer me this: how can I persuade my BG2 bard to hang around in the back during combat, sing his bardsong and stop attacking things that can kill him with a single blow? Preferably without too much micromanagement.

AI is lacking in BG2. I usually have the mage AI that allows casting of spells and using a ranged weapon. Having them use a ranged weapon makes it so they stay away from hand to hand combat. I manually have to have them perform their song. It sounds like you have the berserk mage AI click on to me. Casts spells than engages in melee.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

i never bothered with the scripts other than with the tanks. i simply hit pause every so often to have my mages/clerics cast a spell. don't play bards, either, so i didn't have to worry about that, and rogues are actually rather tough if beefed properly. i've played the game so many times it is literally impossible for any of my characters to die till the final TOB fights...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Only problem I have with dying in BG2 is the illythids. Lol best way i found to beat them was open a door keep the area they re in shaded to where they don't have visual contact with you. Then take a mage cast cloudkill in the room. As fast as possible I would then use cloudkill wand since it's not casting time. Then I would hurry and close the door or they would come after you and do that psi thing on your brain and then yout one hit dead. I'd rather fight dragons than illythids lol.

Only problem I have with dying in BG2 is the illythids. Lol best way i found to beat them was open a door keep the area they re in shaded to where they don't have visual contact with you. Then take a mage cast cloudkill in the room. As fast as possible I would then use cloudkill wand since it's not casting time. Then I would hurry and close the door or they would come after you and do that psi thing on your brain and then yout one hit dead. I'd rather fight dragons than illythids lol.

Illithids aren't a najor problem, so long as you have a cleric along who can cast the protection spell (I forget its name). You do still need to save before, because it's not 100% reliable, but it gets me through most battles undevoured. :lol:

I thought the scripts worked great for me. My main is always a paladin in BG2 because hell they are so dang strong once you get holy avenger haste boots and reflect coat. Minsc got to have minsc just for his funny saying. JUMP ON MY SWORD WHILE YOU CAN EVIL I WON"T BE AS GENTLE. BOO SAYS WHAT, plus hes a great fighter. Anomen cause he is a great healer and at end of game I give him the +25 titan hammer. Yoshimo even though he dies later is a great asset once he gets the boom blade I forget whats its called right now I know it was a katana. The girl that needs you to help clear trolls out of her estate shes a good mage. I always equip her with the throwin knife that returns to her hand so shes stays in the back. And jaheira cause well shes a great fighter and healer.

For scripts I put on minsc, my paladin, anomen and Jaheira. Heal if less than 50% hit points worked great. For my mage I used alot of the thiefs scripts lol to keep her out of combat. And for yoshimo I used all of the thief scripts whichever one I needed at the time or put him on berserker melle one since he doesnt heal anyone just a DPS unit and unlock stuff for me and pickpocket whenever.

End game honestly of times I wouldnt even use my other party members. I would just use my paladin alone once he was fully equipped he wasnt a character anymore he was a Force by himself. ridicously strong. I would clear out the whole beholder lair with just him. The vampires since he was an inquisitor couldnt be feared or level drained just plain raped vampires. All in all BG2 was a great game and was the first long awaited game i ever seen put out where they actually put a holy avenger sword in the game with 50% dispel hostile spells.

Illithids aren't a najor problem, so long as you have a cleric along who can cast the protection spell (I forget its name)

Chaotic Commands.

In a pinch, buffing up the intelligence of your frontliners will make them stand on their legs longer, paralysed or not. A few potions of genius (I think thats the one) can help them survive one or two extra hits by the illithids (since they kill your party members by sucking their brains out through their noses or whatever it is they do).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein