Obsidian Entertainment and Future D&D/Forgotten Realms Games

Magister Lajciak

This is my first post and I would like to start it by thanking you for making such a great game . A game that has provided me with many hours of fun. I have had Never Winter Nights 2 for almost a year and I still love playing it, its my chill out game.

I really hope you continue to make D&D/FR games I first became hooked when I played BG2. The thing about these games I love is the story and the interaction you have between the people you travel with and the people you meet along your adventure. I have not yet played MoTB but I am really looking foward to it.

I would like to see a new game set in the city of Waterdeep/Skullport and the surrounding areas. I think it would be cool to have a plot based around the Harpers and the Moonstars.

My only critisim about NWN2 is the way you control your party and the AI that party members have. I would like to see something simular to the scripts you could make your party use in BG2, you like telling the fighter to protect the wizard and getting the cleric to heal injured members and so on. Also the formations and positioning of party members was also in those formations was most enjoyable and I thought it was ashame to not have these options in NWN2.

Another feature that I would really like to see in the next game would be to have the option to create a completely player generated party like in IWD. Also maybe a vast selection of characters that could join your party like in BG and BG2, like if X in your Party Y really hated him and would refuse to join with you or if your allignment didnt match. It was this depth and the choices you had to make that has made these games a pleasure to play.

Cheers I look foward to playing MoTB

Edited by vellen

• 2 weeks later...

whats up everybody. i've just joined the forum and find it to be very interesting to get into. i have played a number of RPG D&D games quite a bit and am starting to get into it. however. i just started it not to long ago and am waiting to buy the new ice wind dale 2 game pretty soon. i hope i can fit in here pretty well with all of you.

NWN2 will probably be my last DnD CRPG. I have no interest in 4e so I won't be getting the books and I will not be buying any 4e DnD CRPGs either.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

NWN2 will probably be my last DnD CRPG. I have no interest in 4e so I won't be getting the books and I will not be buying any 4e DnD CRPGs either.

Uh-huh.

Hades, remember our talk about constantly taking back what you said?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sand has repeated that same thing for atleast six months straight already. Gahh!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And I will continue to say it well after 4e has been released.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Welcome to the forum. If IWD2 is new to you, you should probably also look for the Baldur's Gate series, which are fantastic.

well IWD2 is pretty new cuase i've only rented it for a couple days and thought it was well made. IWD and HOW are the ones i started on. i'm most likely gonna buy balders gate when i get a chance though.

now NWN, i'm still debating on, cause idk if it would pertain to some of my tastes or not. but maybe i'll give it a try and rent it for a couple weeks and see how i like it. i could use seme screen shots if anybody's got any.

another thing i've been wanting to try is get on the multiplayer online. maybe we all could see if like 6 of us could start an RPG together on multiplayer online for lets say IWD-HOW or something. i've wanted to play this game with other people to see if i'm as good as i hope i am. its just a thought though.

Edited by Sy-Tarn

Rent? PC games?

It just osunds like money was involved. :wowey:

some of them get greedy. and thats only when you show that you would probably pay money to take it off their hands for a couple of days but it only turns out to be 5 bucks or so not too bad.

but yeah i hope you all take some thought about startin a RPG on IWD-HOW, multiplayer online. probably three people on the game, two characters each. you guys choose.

Welcome to the forum. If IWD2 is new to you, you should probably also look for the Baldur's Gate series, which are fantastic.

well IWD2 is pretty new cuase i've only rented it for a couple days and thought it was well made. IWD and HOW are the ones i started on. i'm most likely gonna buy balders gate when i get a chance though.

now NWN, i'm still debating on, cause idk if it would pertain to some of my tastes or not. but maybe i'll give it a try and rent it for a couple weeks and see how i like it. i could use seme screen shots if anybody's got any.

another thing i've been wanting to try is get on the multiplayer online. maybe we all could see if like 6 of us could start an RPG together on multiplayer online for lets say IWD-HOW or something. i've wanted to play this game with other people to see if i'm as good as i hope i am. its just a thought though.

I would recommend you to skip NWN and but go for NWN 2 and its expansion pack the Mask of the Betrayer. But yes, definitely try out the Baldur's Gate series and other Infinity Engine games.

Well, it doesn't really matter what items you start with - hell, in IWD2 you just get a worthless quarterstaff. You're not really supposed to start with a lot of stuff, but you'll find items very quickly and easily. IWD2 does have a very good range of crazy items IMO, as you progress.

Sure, rent it first :) It has quite big requirements to play it with all graphical options turned on.

Screenies: My main character,

Tree - Danger: Spoiler Alert!,

Misty floor,

A certain village,

Example for the great in-game sequences,

Example for "Iso"-Perspective

Tell me if you need more :rolleyes:

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 4 weeks later...
alrighty cool. i might just hop to NWN 2.

also for IWD 2 is the item variety slightly larger then the HOW expansion? cuase every time i start new characters its always the same items

be careful with the install/config on IE games. there are "block" issues if you select anything other than the default 16-bit rendering (uh, not sure what the actual tick-box is called) on newer systems. there are various solutions running around to get around the problem, but you'll know right away if you have it when a bird flies by with a black square around it. software BLT seems to work for some, but it did not for me (plus it slows the system down considerably).

item variety in HoW was a problem not in actual content, but implementation. i seem to recall there was a bug with the way the randomizer worked for loot that resulted in only a subset of the items being available to the player. i think this was fixed in trials of the luremaster, which adds additional patching as well as more items. IWD2 is a loot-fest beyond any other IE game (except perhaps throne of bhaal).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

trying to think of somewhere to begin with how astonishing the Forgotten Realms is is a task in its self.

more and more folks keep getting addicted to this setting everyday. it being the worlds Largest RPG setting its already been a standard of pure fantasy.

no such setting was more loved..... and feared!

I challenge that view, Middle-Earth is definetly more loved. Maybe Earthsea too

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Not to mention the Wheel of Time, or even Potter.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

True dat