Dawn of War: Soulstorm announced

Musopticon?

It's a period break at my uni next week. Damn, SoSE time!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bless you!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

BURN THE HERETIC!

Wait...I have strong deja vu from all this...

In any case, everyone watch

, it's Sins, but awesome! Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I got it, too. Installing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm just posting two from my first fight. well the intro "this is why everyone is here" vid and a fight, just showing off the meltas.

post-13853-1204762102_thumb.jpg

post-13853-1204762119_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thanks!

I'm most interested in the campaign and if it is worth playing even if one has, like me, completed Dark Crusade as everyone else except the Orks and SM.

I don't think I have the devotion for multiplayer, especially with the new races.

kirottu said:

I never bother with multiplayer in strategy games. Which is why I pretty much demand an interesting campaign.

the campaign feels exactly like Dark Crusade, just with more territory and special points to access the other planets in the system.

Pre Dark Crusade the general DoW online community was flaming retarded anyway.

'LOL, CAMP IN BASE TILL I HAVE 10 PREDITORS!'

'wtf y i lose'

Proof of this was a game I played to test the waters where I basically held off 2 1/2 hostile players until my two team-mates stoped being Hades.

I, personally, owned 3/5s of the map.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I only play with or against friends I know. Random internet matchmaking is fecking annoying. And from across the pond, often painfully slow.

kirottu said:

Oh, you mean:

"no livung siant rush b4 im redy!!!11"

kirottu said:

When I play with friends I try to keep it as comp stomp games. Although back in The Frozen Throne beta I'd play in max number player games split into two teams.

And still would get taken out first.

haha, comp stomp, nice expression.

But yeah, i'll tend to do that when playing with friends too (well, friend). The 'Harder' difficulty level was still enough of a challange to be interesting.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Comp stomp(luv it!) was ridiculously hard in Starcraft. Haven't tried it in Dawn of War.

kirottu said:

Only things I can comment on so far:

The title movie was nowhere near as good as Dark Crusade's, but not nearly as bad as the original Dawn of War's.

The background movie when starting the campaign was just silly. Of course, there was really no way around it, they had to explain what 9 races were doing on four planets. Well, these guys were here, these were here, these were here, and then came, and then and then and then....

Oh and also, Gorgutz has to be the official hero of the series.

Edited by Tale

Only things I can comment on so far:

The title movie was nowhere near as good as Dark Crusade's, but not nearly as bad as the original Dawn of War's.

The background movie when starting the campaign was just silly. Of course, there was really no way around it, they had to explain what 9 races were doing on four planets. Well, these guys were here, these were here, these were here, and then came, and then and then and then....

Oh and also, Gorgutz has to be the official hero of the series.

is Gorgutz back?

I just gutted the imperial guard hq and was dissappointed... gone are the Dark Crusades little discussions when you invade a place between commanders.

Though a fully battlegeared Sister of battle is going to look bad ass.

My word. Iron lore really kicked the bucket on this sucker. It feels unpolished and lacks the little things that made us love DC so much (banter anyone?) anywho, I posted a review on relicnews

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=183762

I'm not sure how I feel yet. The campaign itself doesn't feel significantly different from Dark Crusade. I've only played one battle with the Sisters of Battle, so I won't say anything there. It was the tutorial. The changes to the Necrons seem minor. One bit I do like is that the power generators have little lights on them indicating how close they are to being used up. The new "unit" for Necron is something I'm undecided on. When you research the Nightbringer, you also get acess to a Deceiver option for your Necron Lord. The Deceiver has a very weak ranged attack, can turn an enemy to your side for a period of time, and an illusionary Monolith. It's nice, but to use it, you have to forgo the Nightbringer, so it feels more like a new ability than a new unit.

I played one battle with the Dark Eldar and they were hard to get used to. They are very different from any current race. They have a set and forget build system, which you may have seen in other games. Once a worker starts a building he can be reassigned, which also means you can't speed it up. Though it seems worker downtime can be used for the harvesting of souls or whatever the new Dark Eldar resource is called.

Anyone that can tell me whether the game feels balanced? Are the old races capable of standing up against the newer races?

Sisters at least start out EXTREMLY weak and brittle but with upgrades they become monsters. I did the SM Stronghold and the only way I lost my Sisters was due to massed termies mixed in with Marines and a few vehicles.

Also the sisters have Abysmal morale until you give them some upgrades and a leader.

Haven't tried the Dark Eldar yet. But playing the sisters of battle is making me hear chainsword revving all over the place.