Bill O'Reilly calls for surrender to terrorists.

SilentScope001

http://tinyurl.com/2ppusg

I know I've been saying for years that we're fighting them in Baghdad so we don't have to fight them in Boston. That hasn't been working out so well, and maybe it was the wrong strategy all along. Perhaps we can book them a few flights into town, make them the guests of honor at a fancy-schmancy tea party, and ask them what we did wrong to make them hate us so much in the first place. We'll eagerly listen to their demands, and immediately cave in to them. I don't care how outlandish those demands are, just give these folks what they want. We're a rich nation; we can afford it.

Folks, here's the bottom line: I don't want to die.

Wow. Even as a political satire straight from The Onion, it's pretty...uh...dark.

Edited by SilentScope001

:ermm:

I love the Onion.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gee, I wonder why good ol' O'Reilly thinks there was any terrorist connections to Saddam's government prior our invasion? Maybe because he bought Bush's lies hook, line, and sinker and like our esteem president he doesn't have cojones to admit he was wrong.

The only reason why terrorists are in Iraq now is because our esteemed president opened pandora's box and let them in.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Gee, I wonder why good ol' O'Reilly thinks there was any terrorist connections to Saddam's government prior our invasion? Maybe because he bought Bush's lies hook, line, and sinker and like our esteem president he doesn't have cojones to admit he was wrong.

The only reason why terrorists are in Iraq now is because our esteemed president opened pandora's box and let them in.

:ermm::blink:

Even though you are being challenged on this very point in another topic you're still pirouetting about sounding off on it!

Al Qaeda links are debateable, but there's freaking video footage of Saddam handing out cash prizes to the families of 'Palestinaian' terrorists prior to the invasion!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Gee, I wonder why good ol' O'Reilly thinks there was any terrorist connections to Saddam's government prior our invasion?"

gee, it's becaquse Iraq did have ties with terrorists prior to the invasion.

NEWSFLASH: AQ is not the only terrorist group out there. imagine that! So, even if you say Iraq had *no* ties to AQ doesn't rule out ties to other terrorist groups. Gah.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yet were any of those terrorists attacking the US or a threat to US citizens on US soil? No. Only Al Qaeda proved to be a threat to the US. They should be the focus of our military, not Iraq. Once Al Qaeda and the Taliban are eradicated then we could have moved to other concerns. Not before.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

"Gee, I wonder why good ol' O'Reilly thinks there was any terrorist connections to Saddam's government prior our invasion?"

gee, it's becaquse Iraq did have ties with terrorists prior to the invasion.

NEWSFLASH: AQ is not the only terrorist group out there. imagine that! So, even if you say Iraq had *no* ties to AQ doesn't rule out ties to other terrorist groups. Gah.

You won't even slow him down. :ermm: He's like a gleeful bee.

-Elwood Blues

I just think we should fight one enemy at a time. Once that enemy is completely destroyed with everyone in that organization confirmed dead, then we go to the next enemy. Fighting a 2 to 4 front war is not an efficient way to do business, nor are the gains all that substantial.

Well, SilentScope001, what do you want to say about it? Hmmm... :ermm:

Yeah sure, Bush'll surely surrender.

They'll blow up before they even get to the "tea party".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Uh, I know this is the off-topic forum, but er...

Can everyone please talk about Iraq in the "Bash Greenspan" thread? I'd like to focus more on the discussion of The Onion's article actually.

Er... like I say, The Onion is very funny. My favourite point-counterpoint:

Point: Blowing wheelchair bound old men up with helicopter launched missiles is OK as long as they're terrorists.

Counterpoint: Blowing wheelchair bound old men up with helicopter launched missiles is awesome.

-Elwood Blues

Can everyone please talk about Iraq in the "Bash Greenspan" thread? I'd like to focus more on the discussion of The Onion's article actually.

Point: Blowing wheelchair bound old men up with helicopter launched missiles is OK as long as they're terrorists.

Counterpoint: Blowing wheelchair bound old men up with helicopter launched missiles is awesome.

I wasn't shouting to you as much as I was talking to Sand about the off-topicness.

My View: It's dark. The Onion's humor strays into dark territory and I enjoy it, but this one was just a bit TOO dark for my taste. Just because it almost sounded like a reasonable policy to do.

Just to show that Osama just doesn't get the US. Islam is accepted here in the US, as with Christianity (both the original and caffiene free), Judaism, Mormon, Hindu, Baha'i, Bhuddism, and so forth and so on. By adopting a national religion you forsake diversity of culture. Osama is an idiot to think that the US will succomb to monoculturism.

Edited by Sand

I think Americans could do a lot more to be accepting of Islam as a major religion. Muslims face a lot of open discrimination in this country.

Do people even know its Ramadan? Seriously, the US media totally ignores the beauty of Islam and focus only on negative incidents.

US media shows what sells, plain and simple. I have the same level of interest in the beauty of Islam as I do for the beauty of Christianity or any other religion. So what that it is Ramadan. I have pretty much the same opinion on Ramadan as I do Christmas, or Yom Kippur, or whatever. Its a religious holiday that belongs to religion that I do not belong to. In other words, just another day on the calender. If a holiday has special meaning for someone then by all means they should celebrate/observe it but keep it a private matter bewteen themselves and their god.

they should celebrate/observe it but keep it a private matter bewteen themselves and their god.

Yeah, just like someone should keep their disdain for any religion a private matter as well. I mean its one thing to have an opinion or belief and to express it, its a whole other thing to go around and shove it in everyone's faces every chance they get and accompany it with some self-righteous prattle.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Interesting choice of words, Laozi. By all means tell me how I shove my views in your face on an Internet forum when you have the choice of not reading my posts. Do I go all Clockwork Orange on you, forcing your eyes open with metal instruments with Beethoven playing in the background?

Interesting choice of words, Laozi. By all means tell me how I shove my views in your face on an Internet forum when you have the choice of not reading my posts. Do I go all Clockwork Orange on you, forcing your eyes open with metal instruments with Beethoven playing in the background?

Thats a good attempt at focusing on only a part of the post instead of its true meaning. I think you know what I'm saying, I guess I just had hoped you didn't actually realize what you were doing. I live in one of the most christian area of the countries, often called the Bible Belt. My boss is one of the most devoted christians I know, he even has a jailhouse ministry and yet I never have the problems of persecution you seem to with christians or any other religion for that matter. I'm not oppressed by religion, I don't believe religion has any influence over my daily life except that sometimes I have to move my boss' bible out of the way to sit down in his truck.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I just believe in a strong separation of church and state.

Edited by Sand

yar!!

Edited by Laozi

yar!!

TASHA! :woot:

Well, the truth always comes out eventually - sometimes as a joke.

Could it be that you guys really like killing?

Maybe all you want are good excuses and socially acceptable targets for the show?

I know what the warrior culture take is on these types of issues. Murder is justified by it's success. Peace through victory. Etc.

What is the Christian take?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.