Fred Thompson will become the next President of USA

Meshugger

But, to get back to the Presidential conspiracy... which republican candidate is going to win in 2008? McCain, Giuliani, Gingrich?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If Fred Thompson will not be elected as President, he will be Mitt Romney's vice-president + some other guys from CFR will be included in the administration. Romney is the only one of them who "looks" like a president :brows:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But, to get back to the Presidential conspiracy... which republican candidate is going to win in 2008? McCain, Giuliani, Gingrich?

McCain is dead in the water. Hell will freeze before Gingrich is elected. Romney and Guliani are the only credible candidates who are actually running at the moment.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't like either one of them.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

hard to say. mccain has lost in the primaries too many times. giuliani has too many skeletons, apparently, and as already noted, he's a one event platform. of course, his history with prosecution is what got him elected in NY in the first place. gingrich has been out of the scene for far too long. i don't really know anything about mitt romney, though i disagree that he's the only one that "looks" like a president. i've always thought fred looks presidential as well. i wouldn't be surprised if mitt did indeed get the nomination and he turned around and appointed fred, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

hard to say. mccain has lost in the primaries too many times. giuliani has too many skeletons, apparently, and as already noted, he's a one event platform. of course, his history with prosecution is what got him elected in NY in the first place. gingrich has been out of the scene for far too long. i don't really know anything about mitt romney, though i disagree that he's the only one that "looks" like a president. i've always thought fred looks presidential as well. i wouldn't be surprised if mitt did indeed get the nomination and he turned around and appointed fred, however.

taks

That actually sounds really plausible. They have the look and the "right" connections :lol:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

unfortunately, fred's the only guy i like in that list, and that's mostly because i like him as an actor. his stand on federalism is admirable, however, and he seems quite smart. but other than that, i don't know a whole lot about him (nor mitt for that matter, and i don't like mccain... he's a liberal infiltrator, IMO).

taks

i suppose. realistically, while i think gun control is an important issue, it is low on my list of "things to watch for" in any candidate. i tend to be more concerned with economic policies since they impact everyone.

taks

part of the problem with the two-party system. other candidates, those that may actually have some merit, but are not linked to any major party, only serve to dilute the voting. many end up picking the lesser of the two major evils rather than waste their vote.

taks

Romney is the only one of them who "looks" like a president ;)

I doubt the American people would vote on someone with a name that rhymes with "tit". A president needs a name thats breathes gravitas and oozes of Americanition. There's a reason why the picked Steve Rogers to be Captain America and not his co-candidate Nigel Sinclair.

I think America should do the right thing and simply appoint Martin Sheen(anyone who claims his real name is Raoul Estevez hates freedom) president. We've all seen how he handled himself in "West Wing".

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So he's had 7 seasons to practice for the real thing! Come on, he's perfect.

part of the problem with the two-party system. other candidates, those that may actually have some merit, but are not linked to any major party, only serve to dilute the voting. many end up picking the lesser of the two major evils rather than waste their vote.

taks

You are dead on there. I did not like GWB as a candidate in 2000 but I voted for him because Al Gore just scared the bejesus out of me. I'll probably be doing the same thing next year if Hillary wins the nomination.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

agreed. i just hope it ain't mccain. he has that molester look about him.

taks

Nah, he is dead meat. His campaign has imploded.

Thomas Sowell

Well, I don't particularly care who the Republican nominee is, I will not be voting for him. I have had enough of the Republican bullcrap with Bushie. Clinton is not my first choice but I rather see a Democrat in office than ever see any Republican as president.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

unfortunately, democratic leadership has taken an approach that appeals really only to the far left. their nanny-statism is too much for me. in practice, republicans do the same when in control, so it really doesn't matter in the end. what we need is one party in control of congress, and another in control of the presidency. personally, i'd prefer a libertarian of sorts, but they're almost the joker of the candidate deck when it's all said and done.

taks

And that is my new sig!

Thomas Sowell

you guys are funny. i certainly don't look presidential for that matter. i'd probably need to shave more than once a week and that's waaaay off of my things to do list.

taks

So ... you're the thinking person's president! No spin, no photo-ops, not even a photogenic candidate ... still, my suggestion was based on your sound economic credentials and commitment to the smallest practicable government footprint ... that don't change with a shave-and-a-haircut. :sorcerer:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT