Ethan Haas Was Right

Blarghagh

Are we talking about the trailer from the Ethan Haas site or the one that was shown before Transformers?

Because there was definitely a giant worm monster that popped out and thrashed around, very briefly.

I'd go looking for it but I'm stuck with dialup here and they've got streaming video blocked at work.

I'll have to do it at school but we're on break until next Wednesday.

here's the trailer and I don't see a monster in it. :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWFOgvPE20...ted&search=

I downloaded the High Definition 1080p trailer and you can see things which may or may not mean anything. The 1080p HD trailer has amazingy clarity. I saw on the fridge door that there is something written "Exit Mystery St". I did a google search on "Exit Mystery St" and found out I wasn't the only one that's picked up on this. LOL

post-843-1184414749_thumb.jpg

"I saw it. It's alive!"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have no clue how you could have read that on the fridge because I can't read a damn thing.

And it's no damn worm, either.

Oh, and on 1-18-08.com, if you zoom in on the picture of the two girls, you can see a "demon" shaped cloud between them.

Edited by Omelette

That's just their hair and reflection of light.

When the guy says "I saw it. It's Alive! It's huge!" it makes me speculate that it is some sort of monster, but something that would otherwise not be alive. Either if it is some sort of monster made out of something that isn't usually alive, such as smoke or fire or something, or it being something that people had thought had no life, but in fact did. Like if there was a big meteor or some other structure that wasn't in the city before that had been in the news and stuff, but then turned out to be a living creature.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't think the makers of that trailer have put as much thought into it as people think. I bet they haven't put that much thought into the whole friggin movie.

My guess it's going to be a Blair Witch dealie from the perspective of some **** who we will eventually hate about a monster we will never see--until the very end when it is revealed to look completely stupid--attacking the city while they hide and cry in the basement.

Will someone PLEASE explain this whole thing to me?????

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Will someone PLEASE explain this whole thing to me?????

It's basically marketing trying to make itself more effective. Puzzles, clues, make you think, keep you interested.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thank you immensely.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Thank you immensely.

You are more than welcome, old bean.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think the makers of that trailer have put as much thought into it as people think. I bet they haven't put that much thought into the whole friggin movie.

My guess it's going to be a Blair Witch dealie from the perspective of some **** who we will eventually hate about a monster we will never see--until the very end when it is revealed to look completely stupid--attacking the city while they hide and cry in the basement.

I suspect that you're absolutely right.

Although I'm sure there are alot of superficial references, which adds some depth, like in Lost.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have to say that I really can't stand movies that think they're deep and thought provoking just because they're filled with random numbers and scenes that make no sense. If you can't construct a story in a clear and enjoyable format that is actually thought provoking or deep, you can just make it really wierd and make no sense, and whole armies of people on the internets will spend hours analyzing it on IMDB and somehow decide that it's the greatest movie of their generation.

Yeah, I thought Donnie Darko was stupid. So was the end of 2001.

Edited by Aram

I watched Donnie Darko once in a movie theater at a midnight showing.

It thought it was a wonderful movie and it made sense in it's own way. The story was well put together and was only convoluted as a result of weirdness with time travel and dimensional abnormalities.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

It's ok to dislike a movie because you don't get it, but because you don't get it doesn't mean it isn't a good movie. For all you know, Donnie Darko could have been the greatest movie of the generation. You wouldn't know if it was or wasn't, after all, it didn't make sense to you.

JJ Abrams was the first person in big media to figure out that kids at computers with Asperger's and OCD make extremely cost-effective billboards. Even better than shmoozing Harry Knowles for good press. This is only a continuation of that. The underlying story is rarely all that effective by itself. All the fun's in the reveal. David Lynch learned that the hard way with his mysterious TV show.

Edited by Pop

I missed out the whole Twin Peaks thing. I can't remember why. I think I was trapped in a curtain closet with a dwarf.

-Elwood Blues