Anyone else dying for a game that rips off Stephen King's The Dark Tower?

Tale

And by this I mean a game that is multiple dimension and reality spanning. I was thinking about it a lot when playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and thought it'd be really neat to see a Legend of Zelda game in which all of the different previous Legend of Zelda games tie into as a sort of "hub" of that series. Since that series constantly retells the same story of Link vs Ganondorf it'd be interesting to see the many Links and many Ganondorfs that have been created come together.

Then I got more into thinking about how it would be an awesome computer RPG that breaches multiple fantasy worlds. There could be a traditional medieval swords and sorcery fantasy world, a modern lovecraftian horror world, a science fiction fantasy world, and who knows what else. It would be the most insane game ever. Your party could end up with an elven fighter, a cowboy, a Navy SEAL, and a space marine all standing on a castle wall fighting off space aliens sent by a demon or dark god! All the while the town folk are just freaking out. And of course, at some point pirates and ninjas would appear.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tale wins the Internet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I haven't read the DT books either, beyond trying to read the first one years ago, but I like the concept of having such diverse party members by your side as you romp through multiple universes/worlds or whatever. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now that I think of it, Kingdom Hearts has elements of this idea too.

Depends on what context you have. Kingdom Hearts, to me, screams "let's just throw random **** into our game for coolness' sake." For all its flaws, Lionheart at least had some semblance of plot cohesion, at the beginning. Something like that, but better, would be optimal.

I think this is an excellent idea, if its done right, so yes, Stephen King would have to be involved in the writing for sure. I loved the mythology of the gunslingers, and the spoken language, particularly in the first and fifth books.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I think this is an excellent idea, if its done right, so yes, Stephen King would have to be involved in the writing for sure. I loved the mythology of the gunslingers, and the spoken language, particularly in the first and fifth books.

See, I'm not talking about one that actually does that. One that rips off the idea of multiple worlds that start intersecting each other. Something more original than Stephen King's series because I don't see that working without the characters from the story.

I'd rather a game that rips off The Count of Monte Cristo since im a fan boi. :(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

See, I'm not talking about one that actually does that. One that rips off the idea of multiple worlds that start intersecting each other. Something more original than Stephen King's series because I don't see that working without the characters from the story.

Sure it could work. In fact if you're gonna call it the Dark Tower RPG then it has to have elements from the books.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Sure it could work. In fact if you're gonna call it the Dark Tower RPG then it has to have elements from the books.

Where did I ever say to call it the Dark Tower RPG?

Oops. My bad.

Tale just explained my dream game :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The problem is Samurais, ninjas and pirates would be completely useless if it was made even remotely realistic. I could kill most samurais if i had a gun. Only way i could see this working would be crappy Final Fantasy style where a sword makes more damage than a minigun.

DT doesn't have samurais, ninjas or pirates. :)

Still, if I could end up even in remotely similar situation like Roland in Gunslinger... Whew, that would be powerful moment. And evil. :ermm:

Actually closest thing like Tull I've got in video games when I *accidently* slaughtered whole Junktown in Fallout. :mellow:

but milieu similar to DT one = HELL YES

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

The problem is Samurais, ninjas and pirates would be completely useless if it was made even remotely realistic. I could kill most samurais if i had a gun. Only way i could see this working would be crappy Final Fantasy style where a sword makes more damage than a minigun.

We've seen this addressed in countless games. Take a look at KOTOR. Everybody has a sword of some kind and it's far more effective than any blaster. The idea would be to keep in only the fantastic ones. The Ninjas that are more like fantastic stories than reality, that can practically teleport and deflect bullets.

DT doesn't have samurais, ninjas or pirates. :)

Still, if I could end up even in remotely similar situation like Roland in Gunslinger... Whew, that would be powerful moment. And evil. :ermm:

Actually closest thing like Tull I've got in video games when I *accidently* slaughtered whole Junktown in Fallout. :mellow:

but milieu similar to DT one = HELL YES

The idea is not a Dark Tower game. The idea is inspired by the Dark Tower series. In the series of books Roland

comes to our world

(Drawing of the Three).

passes through the Topeka of The Stand

(Wizard and Glass),

visits the land of Oz

(Wizard and Glass),

encounters Randal Flagg from both The Stand and Eyes of the Dragon

(Wizard and Glass),

meets the preacher from 'Salems Lot

(Wolves of the Calla), and even

deals with a demented version of Charlie the bloody Choo Choo

(The Wastelands).

The inside cover shows that the series is linked to

'Salem's Lot

The Stand

The Talisman

It

The Eyes of the Dragon

Insomnia

Rose Madder

Desperation

Bag of Bones

The Regulators

Skeleton Crew

Hearts in Atlantis

Everything's Eventual

The Stand

and that's just the ones written by him.

and basically all these worlds end up intersecting. Which is the basis of the idea I think would be awesome. A ton of different fantasy worlds intersect as the walls of reality begin to fall apart.

Edited by Tale

Yeah, I know you're not talking about DT game. I was just trying to give (well, more like my own insane ramblings) example why it would be so awesome if game in veins of DT cosmology would be created. Apparently I ended up using DT in examples :mellow:

This is my keyphrase: but milieu similar to DT one = HELL YES

Also, this is complete list of Kings DT related books (although all of them happens in DT's WORLD. Well, in some of them anyway)

The Dark Tower Books

* The Little Sisters of Eluria

* I. The Gunslinger

* I. The Gunslinger (Revised)

* II. The Drawing of the Three

* III. The Waste Lands

* IV. Wizard and Glass

* V. Wolves of the Calla

* VI. Song of Susannah

* VII. The Dark Tower

Connected Books

* 'Salem's Lot

* The Stand

* The Talisman

* It

* Eyes of the Dragon

* Insomnia

* Rose Madder

* Desperation

* The Regulators

* Bag of Bones

* Black House

* From a Buick 8

* Skeleton Crew

* Hearts in Atlantis

* Everything's Eventual

* Danse Macabre

* Kingdom Hospital

* Storm of the Century

But still, no ninjas or samurais in my multiverse game thank you :ermm:

Edited by Xard