NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Nah man (?) , I had to work and miss every game that was played tonight. Which is good, since both Edmonton and Tampa lost . I would have been pissed if I watched both of those...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Nah man (?) , I had to work and miss every game that was played tonight. Which is good, since both Edmonton and Tampa lost . I would have been pissed if I watched both of those...

Tampa had a lot of good chances. Not as dominant offensively as recently, but Khabibulin also stood on his head. As for Edmonton, well... I just keep watching the glory days:

32433787tr2.jpg

89553608gr0.jpg

13562234fr0.jpg

Woohoo, we didn't lose one last night!!

But we're going up against Kovalchuk tonight instead. That can only mean one thing: natural hat-trick and more embarrassment for the Leafs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Allright, the NHL tweaks its' schedule for next season. Divisional games are going down to six from eight. Mkreku will be happy his team will only lose to the Sens six times next year!!

Five times. They won't lose every game. Ottawa is bound to have a bad night.

The schedule is an improvement over what has happened that past couple years, but I'd still prefer a schedule that involves a home and home for every team. :shifty:

Babysteps forward. New schedule is better, but not optimal. I'd also like to meet every team equally, with perhaps only a small bias towards the closest teams geographically.

Babysteps for the Leafs too. A much needed win although it feels they have to play so inhumanly good for the rest of the season to be able to have a fair shot at the play-offs that it feels impossible. Still, Kovalchuk only scored one. I call that an improvement!

Great news on the scheduling change. My biggest problem with the new NHL is being reformed! :D

Of course, I would like to see it go further. Here was a schedule I was thinking of:

5 games against 4 divisional opponents (20 games total)

3 games against 10 non-divisional conference opponents (30 games total)

2 games against 15 non-conference opponents (30 games total)

Do something fun with the remaining two games (neutral sites sounds good) or get rid of them if you must.

I have some more radical ideas but they involve a league crunch and conference reorganizing (essentially to make the NHL more like the late 80's early 90's), so they probably are very unrealistic.

I'd bet good money Detroit was one of the teams that voted against the revision.

I don't know about that, Detroit was proposing a 84 game schedule earlier that was less division heavy.

I know the Wings get slammed for buffing their record against a weak Central, and there is truth in that, but this year, I would say the Central is the strongest division. St. Louis and Chicago are the best non division leading teams right now and Columbus and Nashville are nipping for that 10th spot. I expect all teams to keep it up now. Plus, Detroit has suffered most of its losses against the Central (Chicago especially) and their closest games seem to be against their division.

It's quite interesting the rapid turnaround that happened.

Woohoo, Bell gets his first goal, Blake finally scores another, Mats stretches his points streak to 15 games, breaking an 83 year old team record, and the team wins two in a row. What lofty heights we've reached. :o

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Soon we'll climb up to the visible parts of the charts if we keep this up!!

No, but it's great to get two wins in a row. Now if we can get a hot streak going.. and things might brighten up. The problem is that this streak needs to be loooong. They've done it before though so it's definitely not impossible. And the team showed tonight that they can win even when the captain's not scoring, so that's a good thing! And Blake, the former 40 goal scorer, netted his third in 25 games! I feel sorry for the poor guy, let's hope his snake-bitten days are over.

Yes, Brian Burke may claim a top five pick courtesy of the Oilers in the draft this year, plus a second and third rounder as well, but the Oilers won the season series. So roll that up in a bowl and smoke it, Anaheim!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Oilers game tonight. I'm thinking it's going to be one of those 5-4 games.

Oh, and with last nights' win we moved out of the basement of the Northwest division. You suck worse than we do, Calgary!

Flame on!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm starting to doubt Montreal's ability to win games.

They were winning 3-0, then 4-1, and they managed to lose.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"