search for kid

Walsingham

I suppose if I had kids, I might go over to a neighbour's house for an evening and leave them home by themselves.

I think you might change your mind when you become a parent. :(

BWAH! I already made that mistake. He IS a parent. However, after a few more years...

Seriously, though. Parents these days lead crazy mad hectic lives. It'sa fact that people need time off. Shore leave. You get the idea?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Leaving minors on their own is illegal and immoral. Really, I could never abdicate responsibility for lives that I had expressly brought into this world. It doesn't take much to find a baby-sitter.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Leaving a toddler home alone is one thing. Leaving one alone in a strange hotel room in a foreign country is another.

I generally agree.

While I don't have kids I do understand parents can't keep an eagle eye on their children 24/7, every minute, every second. Letting them play in the yard while you're in the laundry room/writing bills/watching tv, letting them play with other children and parents in a restraunt or park while you use the restroom, that sort of thing.

I can't condemn the couple in this story beyond bad judgement at the wrong time, for I wasn't there - perhaps they had a reason they felt safe leaving their child alone, such as being able to see their apt. door from the restraunt window or something similar - but if these parents were on vacation and wanted alone time that badly, perhaps they should have found someone to babysit and made the vacation a 'parents only' journey. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Leaving a toddler home alone is one thing. Leaving one alone in a strange hotel room in a foreign country is another.

I generally agree.

While I don't have kids I do understand parents can't keep an eagle eye on their children 24/7, every minute, every second. Letting them play in the yard while you're in the laundry room/writing bills/watching tv, letting them play with other children and parents in a restraunt or park while you use the restroom, that sort of thing.

I can't condemn the couple in this story beyond bad judgement at the wrong time, for I wasn't there - perhaps they had a reason they felt safe leaving their child alone, such as being able to see their apt. door from the restraunt window or something similar - but if these parents were on vacation and wanted alone time that badly, perhaps they should have found someone to babysit and made the vacation a 'parents only' journey. :)

I only babysit for one of my friends. And he's the kind of friend you'd hide a body for. in fact I have three of those. But only one I'd babysit for. You follow me?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You follow me?

Yes ... maybe ... I don't know? :)

Sometimes/for some parents it's really hard if nigh impossible to find a babysitter they can feel comfy with, tho, I know. My siblings pretty much tossed them at my mother whenever possible.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One of my players has a kid and if his wife is not available to watch the kid then he is, and on occasion he brings her to the gaming session, which I don't mind too much.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I suppose if I had kids, I might go over to a neighbour's house for an evening and leave them home by themselves.

I think you might change your mind when you become a parent. >_<

I might indeed.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You can't just ditch the kid in the hotel while you go for dinner, a couple of things wrong here; no one left in charge, not even an older child, just one kid, and a very young one too, but, it's hardly like they should have known that a kidnapping migth happen.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The kidnapping is just an extreme permutation; more likely (and equally horrendous) scenarios are death by fire or even misadventure (e.g. child drinking bleach from under the sink).

I understand it is difficult to find someone trustworthy (believe me, I had to personally look after two cats for seven years because no one else would EVER be suitable), but that doesn't mean it's okay to abnegate one's responsibilities.

I'm not blaming the parents for the situation, however, just making an additional assessment.

I feel for the parents; they will never forgive themselves.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 1 month later...

2 Arrested In Case Of Missing British Girl

(AP) Spanish police have arrested an Italian man and a Portuguese woman with possible links to the case of Madeleine McCann, the 4-year-old British girl who vanished nearly two months ago during a vacation in Portugal.

However, it's not clear whether the two were suspected of having a role in the girl's disappearance. Spanish television news reports on Thursday said the man may have tried to extort money from McCann's parents, offering information about their daughter's whereabouts, though police did not confirm that.

The man was detained on an international arrest warrant originating in France, a police spokeswoman said. She said the warrant itself had nothing to do with the McCann case, but would not elaborate or say what made police suspect him in the missing girl case.

The woman was detained due to her association with the man, and there was no warrant for her arrest, the spokeswoman said. She did not identify either suspect by name, saying the investigation was ongoing.

The man and woman both were arrested Thursday morning in Sotogrande, a town in the southern Spanish province of Cadiz, the spokeswoman said, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with police rules.

Members of the McCann family in Britain said they were withholding comment until more information was known.

"We have no comment to make, because we know no more than we have seen on the news," said John McCann, brother of Madeleine's father, Gerry.

Madeleine's great uncle, Brian Kennedy, said he did not know any details about the man's detention. "We are trying not to get our hopes up too much because they so frequently get dashed," he told Sky News.

Madeleine disappeared on May 3 after her parents left her and her brother and sister, 2-year-old twins, alone in their room while they went to a restaurant inside their hotel complex in Praia da Luz, a tiny resort town in Portugal's Algarve region.

Police have identified just one suspect in the case, but made no arrests before Thursday.

A month ago, Portuguese police said they were searching for a suspect

Am I being uncharitable if I point out that the Portuguese cops seem to be willing to arrest just about anybody to make it look like they've been busy?

-Elwood Blues

What I still wonder how did kidnapper(s) got her. I mean, wasn't the door locked...(?)

Or maybe she opened the door herself

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Police have received countless tip-offs in the last two months, and the girl's parents have launched an international campaign to find her, enlisting the aid of celebrities such as soccer star David Beckham and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books.

Thank god for that.

Or maybe she opened the door herself

Thats the most likely case IMO. You know how hotel room doors, including the deadbolt, will open by simply pulling the door handle. She prolly went looking for mommy and daddy and got snatched up.

That woudl really confuse things. But you're right it would make sense.

-Elwood Blues