St George's day

Walsingham

I had no idea Monday was going to be St George's day, and suggest we get into it the same way we do St Patricks.

Ideas:

- Eating roast meat

- Forming closed rank of squares

- Fighting France

- Secretly admiring Germany

- Even more secretly admiring Peru

- drinking of brown ale

- Drinking of gin and tonic

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is st george the one that killed the dragon? Because thats awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I forgot eating Turkish food, because of course St George was Turkish

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How about a ceremonial slaying of a dragon?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

How about a ceremonial slaying of a dragon?

You can't kill dragons. They're out of season.

-Elwood Blues

Damn the rotten luck!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I vote for openly admiring Georgia, a plucky country with many trials and tribulations.

I would do the ceremonial slaying of the dragon, but I'm not that far advanced in my game of NWN2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm still trying to kill that damn dragon.

-Elwood Blues

- Eating roast meat

I'm up for that one.

But I don't need a holiday excuse to do it. *grunting noises*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So is this like Guy Fawkes day?

No, Guy Fawkes day is when we celebrate our 500 years of the War on Terror by burning catholics.

-Elwood Blues

Probably threatend some guys to death until they turned christian.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've always found it rather appropriate that Great Britain, which is herself as much an act of wilful self-delusion, should be a semi-fictional character.

-Elwood Blues

I had no idea Monday was going to be St George's day, and suggest we get into it the same way we do St Patricks.

Ideas:

- Eating roast meat

- Forming closed rank of squares

- Fighting France

- Secretly admiring Germany

- Even more secretly admiring Peru

- drinking of brown ale

- Drinking of gin and tonic

It's a funny idea to make it similar to that of St. Patricks, but not a bad one :shifty:

200px-Stgeorge-dragon.jpginsignia.gif

Be wise, strong, and live long my friends.

(and try not to kill many dragons please, they are an endangered species novadays :shifty: )

I forgot eating Turkish food, because of course St George was Turkish

Right, in the times of the Roman Empire circa AD 200-300 there were a LOT of turks in Anatolia :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

So is this like Guy Fawkes day?

No, Guy Fawkes day is when we celebrate our 500 years of the War on Terror by burning catholics.

i really hope this was an attempt to be funny :sorcerer:

Sorry, skirting bad taste, I hope. I mention it because I don't think it's healthy to forget that England has done its fair share of ethnic cleansing in the past. However, as all good Englishmen know we always make light of the most serious things. I'm told reliably that I was never so funny as when I

1) had typhoid and nearly died

2) nearly severed my thumb off ... and nearly died.

I've considered having a stand up show in which the audience participate by trying to kill me.

-Elwood Blues

Ive gotta ask, how did you nearly die by nearly severing your thumb? Bloodloss? Did you pass out from nearly severing your thumb and nearly bleed out?

EDIT: Isnt your sig actually by George Thorogood and the Deleware Destroyers?

Blood loss indeed :ermm: I was pretty young, and had never been injured before, and was in a bit of fix to find help.

I understand the lyric is originally Bo Diddley.

-Elwood Blues

I found this page describing good English food. Once you have tried it I would challenege anyone to say we can't cook.

http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipe_index.htm

-Elwood Blues

Of course we can cook.

It's whether we can eat the results that's the question.

There is of course a website demanding that St. George's Day become an official holiday, and I'd support the idea. I think we need to abolish Bank Holidays for being irredeemably dull, and replace them with actual days of celebration that mean something.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Surely we can't force people to celebrate. We're not communists.

-Elwood Blues