NWN2

Eliandir

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Eh? If it plays like a shooter then it is a shooter. Deus Ex played like a shooter. A very involved shooter, but a shooter nonetheless.

How are ultima underworlds or the tes series different from this? If you're saying that the only thing that defines RPG's are the camera view and turn-based combat you're more daft than i thought.

Eh? If it plays like a shooter then it is a shooter. Deus Ex played like a shooter. A very involved shooter, but a shooter nonetheless.

How are ultima underworlds or the tes series different from this?

They aren't, which is why they're shooters too. You use the keyboard to move, the mouse to look around and it's in first person, it's a goddamn FPS, just deal with it man.

How are ultima underworlds or the tes series different from this?

They aren't, which is why they're shooters too. You use the keyboard to move, the mouse to look around and it's in first person, it's a goddamn FPS, just deal with it man.

Bloodlines is in 3rd person. Does that mean it is an RPG?

Where does NWN2 have a first person view?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

How are ultima underworlds or the tes series different from this? If you're saying that the only thing that defines RPG's are the camera view and turn-based combat you're more daft than i thought.

To tell the truth I never played Ultima Underworlds. Didn't look all that interesting to me. Also TES 3 and 4 have third person view which is what I use for the game, though 4 is a bit too actiony so it plays more like an action game with some RPG elements. Never played TES 1 and 2. I also played Bloodlines completely in third person view. It also played like an action game with some RPG elements, like Oblivion.

Edited by Sand

I am, however, slightly perturbed at the apparent lack of new modules and custom content.

The NWN toolset is simple to use.

Seriously, that's it. A smoother learning curve means more people finishing their first module. This means less people trying to make their first module but getting frustrated and giving up. Once you have that first module out there, you get the positive feedback and you 'feel' like part of the community, and you're more likely to make a second one that's a bit more polished, and uses a bit more features.

I agree and to add to this, as I said 18 months ago, with the new toolset it is going to be a quality vs. quantity issue. Which would the nwn2 community rather have?

The new tooset ensures we are going to have less modules but those that do make them more quality as you can't easily slap 15 areas down and link them all in a afternoon. This DOES exclude the 'weekend warrior module builders' and thus we won't see many of those kinds of modules. As the people who did that for nwn1 I doubt will have the patience/time investment for nwn2.

If you strip away all the 'made over a weekend' quality modules from the nwn1 vault what are you really left with? Not much better, quantity wise then what we have with nwn2 during the same time period.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Yet nearly 6 months in, and not one good complete module yet. Meanwhile, NWN1 had/has tons of quality modules to play. Not ot mention PWs.

Plus, NWN2's toolset isn't rally harder. It just take smore time due to a) more optons (a good thing), and b) very poor organization in the toolset (bad thing).

Whats funny, the so called new 'hard thing'; was going to be surface area syet plopping down surface area is EASY in NWN2. Almost as easy as NWN1.

I await the good modules. :teehee:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yet nearly 6 months in, and not one good complete module yet. Meanwhile, NWN1 had/has tons of quality modules to play. Not ot mention PWs.

Plus, NWN2's toolset isn't rally harder. It just take smore time due to a) more optons (a good thing), and b) very poor organization in the toolset (bad thing).

Whats funny, the so called new 'hard thing'; was going to be surface area syet plopping down surface area is EASY in NWN2. Almost as easy as NWN1.

I await the good modules. ;)

There are plenty of modules out. NWVault has plenty.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I do think that since an expansion was ok'd, one thing that could really help the community in general is to dramatically improve the user-friendliness of the toolset and to optimize the game. I realize that the NWN 2 toolset is alot more powerful, but power doesn't necessarily have to come at the cost of simplicity. Outdoors terrain being harder to build is one thing (though even that could be helped by including a terrain generator), but the sort of loops you have to go through in order to make items, NPCs, etc. should just be fixed, period.

There are doors

Palace of the silver princess and dark waters, and thats off the top of my head.

Why are you such a bioware tool V?

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I do think that since an expansion was ok'd, one thing that could really help the community in general is to dramatically improve the user-friendliness of the toolset and to optimize the game. I realize that the NWN 2 toolset is alot more powerful, but power doesn't necessarily have to come at the cost of simplicity. Outdoors terrain being harder to build is one thing (though even that could be helped by including a terrain generator), but the sort of loops you have to go through in order to make items, NPCs, etc. should just be fixed, period.

I don't find it hard to create items. It was the first thing I figured out how to do. Been using custom equipment on my secondary playthrough characters. I found it very easy. NPCs is a little tougher though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Pool of Radiance, Tragedy of Tragidor are decent. Recently downloaded Dark Waters but haven't started it yet.

Must love flintlocks :thumbsup:

edit: I've been only in tutorial and I'm very interested in how psionic powers work. I have no idea. Do I need much INT or WIS or...?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If psionics are done right you need all around decent ability scores for each power is keyed to an ability score. Psychoportive powers are keyed to Dexterity, Extra Sensory Perception is keyed to Wisdom, Telepathy is keyed to Charisma, Telekinetics are keyed to Intelligence, and so forth.

Could you give some link. I've seen supah coolz screenshots and heard about psionic abilities in interview, but I've never found any interview etc. talking about them in greater detail. And I don't think I'm willing to read every single damn developer blog from 4 or 5 years. Tried that already =/

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't know how psionics work in the module but in Dungeons and Dragons in general... http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/psionicRaces...killsSpells.htm