NWN2

Eliandir

I was addicted to NWN1 played thru the single player campaign countless of times with different builds, different alignment, different genders etc. enjoyed the expansions immensely as well even played before picking up my copy of NWN2 so you can imagine my excitement when NWN2 was announced pre-ordered it as soon as I can and was outside EB before it opened after a few hours I finally got my copy of NWN2 rushed home opened the box watched excitingly as it installs few minutes later I get to play create my wizard then 20 minutes later I wanted to uninstall the game. What have you done to the game that kept me up for days? What have you done to the NPCs that made me play the game over and over? sure you have made the graphics slightly better (also note that I did try to like the game I tried really hard) I was so detached to the game that I even lost interest in the first game. From my point of view you have failed, the spells have the same voice overs the game play is slow and the henchmen that I could care less about. I don't know what the professional reviewers were on when they wrote reviews but they are definitely on something to give this game anything higher than 4 out of 10. Anyway good luck to you but no way ever will I buy another game from Obsidian it's time to move on.

PS. I have an awesome setup I can play the game high on all with no problems so no it's not my computer it's the game it's mediocre at best good bye

My my, this is something extraordinary. You're behind the main whining crowd like, you know, 6 months.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That's because I tried over and over to like the game I want the immersion I felt playing the first one I tried really hard but I can't stand it kept trying to play the game over and over thinking maybe i just needed a break or to be open to change but it wasn't that it's the game something is way off with it felt the same way with kotor 2 but was only really disappointed with NWN2 at least i tried not whine after 10 minutes

Oh, boo hoo. Woe is you. Woe is you. Gee, couldn't you keep the whining at the official forums?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It cracks me up how eveyone that doesnt like the game gets flamed. You should see it on the official forum, if you dont prostrate yourself and "attaboy" every time they fix one of the dozens of screwups in the game, they decend on you like a pack of wolves.

Edited by Gfted1

uhm no. the official forums are for people with the game in general in my case I feel it's the developers that failed to deliver so yeah I will post here and no I don't want my money back cause I did play the game and before I posted I saw you talk a lot in the forums are you an obsidian employee? lol

You commented twice on the henchmen/companions. Can you tell us a little more about the henchmen you liked so much in NWN, and what was it about them that made them so appealing? Also what was it about the NWN2 companions, by comparison, that didn't appeal? This is one area where I think NWN2 is streets ahead of NWN, so I'm interested in hearing your opposing view.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My view is this: If you don't like the game, shelve it and play one you do like. If you feel the need to complain do so in a constructive manner and list point by point stating not only you didn't like something about the game but why you didn't like it, and give possible solutions that the developer can do so you may like it. In the long run better games will be the result. I learned this the hard way.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

uhm no. the official forums are for people with the game in general in my case I feel it's the developers that failed to deliver so yeah I will post here and no I don't want my money back cause I did play the game and before I posted I saw you talk a lot in the forums are you an obsidian employee? lol

Do any of us look like we are Obsidian employees? Hint: We would have the Obsidian logo under our names. :rolleyes:

As for the OCs, NWN2 is far superior to NWN1 and SoU OCs, with Hordes being a tad closer to NWN2 than the previous outings. I don't know about anyone else around here but I feel NWN2 is what NWN1 should have been.

Edited by Sand

Damn straight, Diamond! :rolleyes:

Um... wait... :blink:

I have no problems with opposing views as long as they are argued. You however, offered no explanations why NWN1 is better than NWN2

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Trolling trolling trolling

@Eliandir

Well, you liked NWN1 and didn't like NWN2.

I liked NWN2 and didn't like NWN1 (if we are talking OC).

So, what does it say about both games?

Me too... I can

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Long live NWN?!?!

Its a bunch of zeroes and ones, man. Its not alive to begin with!

"My view is this: If you don't like the game, shelve it and play one you do like. If you feel the need to complain do so in a constructive manner and list point by point stating not only you didn't like something about the game but why you didn't like it, and give possible solutions that the developer can do so you may like it. In the long run better games will be the result. I learned this the hard way."

Very good view. Let's ALL follow it, okay?

"Me too... I can

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That is my only complaint about NWN2 OC NPCs, that they are forced on you, and the fact they can't permanently die. One of the reasons why Hordes was so fun was the fact that when one of the party NPCs annoy you enough you can kill them, raise them, then kill them again. Over and over. It was fun.

I pretty much agree with what's been said. I enjoyed the companions a lot - their backstories, the fact that influence generally made sense and was gained and lost at appropriate moments - and the fact that many of the companions were interesting and fun. The banter really increased the replayability for me, and the writing had a pleasantly light and comic touch in places - all in all, a good mix of humour and seriousness. I disliked the forced NPCs too - not so much Shandra, because I think she works in terms of the story and she was given the bonus fifth slot in your party, so she didn't stop you taking others along, but the fact that you had to recruit everyone and they all hung around no matter what you did. The choice to turn away someone who doesn't fit with your alignment or outlook is an important one, I think.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Some of them I just wanted to kill, depending on the alignment and disposition of my character. As in kill when I first met them.

Edited by Sand