LARPING? HAHAHAHA

Blank

Best LARP I ever saw a cyberpunk joint effort in an old bombing shelter converted to a dystopian slumscape. Superbly nerdy, but it is the only place you can knock a pulserifle to some punks askin for free creds' without folks laughing their asses off.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I wondering if they actually rolled dice to determine if their spells (lightning bolt and was that a cure wounds spell?) were successful. =]

Here's a thought: why not have a mini computer in the sword that shows you what you have using LEDs? Or a mail shirt that counts hits?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No, you don't roll dice in LARPs.

To cast a cure spell, you need only touch a person and say the spell. You usually have X number of mana points or spells you can cast per day. Most lightening bolts/magic missles/firedarts require you to toss a small ball of sand at someone for it to hit.

While I'm at it, about 1/3rd of LARPers are female, and a great deal in that video would get you tossed out of 80% of LARPs.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I was once larpin here in Hungary, we were in an agreement with a town to play in there and to 'rent' it and its area, they got a lot of income, we got a fun place together with a real castle to make as siege, and anyone was afraid when i took out my real sword instead of the paper one :shifty:

(didn't use it doh, that would have been unfair :ermm: )

And at the night assault on the castle two drunkards from the town walked there, and as we hid the defenders thought the two guys are making the noice, that was hilarious! :)

IB1OsQq.png

Aram,

Let's just say that many of the females I've encountered at LARPs tend to... not be enamored of the traditional feminine values of chastity and modesty.

Jorian Drake,

Yeah, a real sword would get you banned permanently at every LARP I know of.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Aram,

Let's just say that many of the females I've encountered at LARPs tend to... not be enamored of the traditional feminine values of chastity and modesty.

Jorian Drake,

Yeah, a real sword would get you banned permanently at every LARP I know of.

Maria, its sure you had different experience with larp then me...what kind of women did you encounter? :o

Besides: real swords aren't so off if even the 'main villain' is in real a quite good ninjutsu user... god was it hard to beat that warmage :down:

IB1OsQq.png

Thread Pruned: Stereotyping and comments that could/can be read as a wee bit too sexist really should not be a part of civil discussion. Try the place down the cyber-lane if you would like to engage in posting in a manner of which your grandmother would not approve ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thread Pruned: Stereotyping and comments that could/can be read as a wee bit too sexist really should not be a part of civil discussion. Try the place down the cyber-lane if you would like to engage in posting in a manner of which your grandmother would not approve ...

lol, agree ;)

IB1OsQq.png

They are having fun and not bothering anyone else. I don't see the point of laughing at that.

Because larping is in the same realm as furies and cosplay. Larping is something that can only be seriously done when you are about 8. Those were the days.

Being too cowardly to have fun because people might look at you weirdly, however, is something that can be done seriously by people of all ages.

Theres nothing wrong with people having fun like that. The problem is they videotaped it and put it on the internet. Of course its going to be made fun of.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm sure LARP is fun - probably one of the few places to find 'real' RP (as you're pretty limited in CRPGs and PnP tends to be relying too much on stats and dice rolls). Unfortunately I'm not that good an actor, lack some equipment, and never found the time (or courage =]) to go to one.

Btw, I can laugh about things that are funny, even or especially if it concerns a hobby of mine... This one is staged, but I didn't know that at first...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I'm going to disagree that LARPing will net you more 'real' RP than PnP. In a LARP, your character can never be smarter, faster, stronger, or more skilled than you are. Heck, you can't even change gender while LARPing.

I'm going to disagree that LARPing will net you more 'real' RP than PnP. In a LARP, your character can never be smarter, faster, stronger, or more skilled than you are. Heck, you can't even change gender while LARPing.

Agreed on faster and partially on stronger. But

1. you can't really play a character in PnP that is smarter than you, you can just roll a die on an Int or Knowledge check to be given some Insight by the DM. You can't roleplay your character to be smarter than you as a player really are.

2. you can play a character that is more skilled than you in LARP: You can successfully pick a lock for example, disable a trap, brew a potion or some other activity that you couldn't do in RL.

(or probably that second point is not true, as I've never LARPed so far)

[edit]

gender-change is easy :lol::lol:

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

We should have a Kotor 2 LARPfest!!! :lol:

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Please note: Fionavar does not mean MY grandmother.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1. you can't really play a character in PnP that is smarter than you, you can just roll a die on an Int or Knowledge check to be given some Insight by the DM. You can't roleplay your character to be smarter than you as a player really are.

Interestingly, whilst writing The Transmigration of Timothy Archer, PKD felt he had channelled one of the characters (Angel Archer) who was smarter and better in every way than he was ... he was inconsolable when he finished the novel as he knew he would never know his character's thoughts in his mind again ... so maybe it is possible to roleplay someone smarter than you. :yucky:

Tangential tangent: this was his only non-SF novel, too.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT