Anakin Really the chosen one?

Balance to the force ... when he and Palpatine were done with the Jedi, there were only two Jedi and two Sith

Ehm, I'm quite inclined to believe that the Jedi played another Hide 'n seek game like they did after the Jedi Civil War (see KOTOR 2). There were more jedi in the galaxy than just two or three. Many were in hiding, even other knights/master than just Obi-wan Kenobi.

To see it from Master Kavar's point of view, which I like to do every now and then, is that "The dark side can never truly be defeated, it is always there inside us". So either if the Jedi would've done their best to destroy the Sith once and for all, or the other way around...a new generation brings a new seed of potential sith and jedi.

Hence why talking about destroying the Sith Order or the Jedi Order is more or less - useless.

As for Anakin. It is true that Anakin has a good story revolving around him and his own life is quite a ...story..if not a mess. If you ask me the first 3 episodes (I, II, III) were horrible in many ways. I don't know what flew into Lucas when he made that sissy girl of an actor into Anakin Skywalker. What, he took him because of his 'good looks'? His acting was horrible, his lines were even worse. The only two who were worthy of playing their roles were Obi-wan and Yoda...although Yoda was a digital animation instead of the old fashioned doll :)

So all in all - Anakin is the chosen one, Lucas said so. His taste of actors has gotten worse over the years - And yes, I hate Episode 1, 2 and 3.

Ep 4,5,6 ftw! =]

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Has this ever been discussed before?

It was lagely accepted by the council that Anakin was the chosen one. Yet in episode III yoda says, that the prophacy may have been misread.

Could this perhaps be interpreted that the prophcy was about Luke and the it was misread by 1 generation?

There are three things that are known about the prophecy;

The chosen one would be born of the force-This means that Luke can't be the chosen one, his parents were known. Anakin on the other hand doen't seem to have a father according to his mother.

The chosen one would destroy the Sith-Note that the prophecy only says that the Sith would be destroyed, not the dark side of the force. Someone doesn't have to be a Sith Lord to use the Dark side of the force.

The chosen one would bring balance to the force.

The Last two are the parts the Jedi got wrong less because the misread them than because they stopped thinking.

1000 years before EP's 1, 2 and 3 the Jedi believed that the Sith had been destroyed (they hadn't, they just went into hiding). Because of this the Jedi had nothing to define what 'evil', meaning the dark side, really meant and hence nothing to define what 'good' meant either. All they had was the memory of what the Sith had been like. Over time this meant that they strayed further from what they should have been like-consider what the Jedi's response to finding out that Palpatine was the Sith Lord was. Instead of looking for evidence, taking this to the senate or just going public they went off to arrest him on their own. They were also talking about taking over the Republic afterwards. Put another way they decided that the 'good' course of action would be to depose the ellected leader of the Republic and take over themselves. While it could be argued that this wasn't an evil act in itself it is interesting in that they never considered any other course of action-would the Sepatratists have continued to fight had they known that Sidious was Palpitine? Probably not.

And this has what to do with the chosen one?

Well, good and evil are by themselves meaningless. To gain meaning they have to have something to measure against and the only thing you can use to give good meaning is evil and vice-versa. For a 1000 years the Jedi thought that the Sith were gone, as such all they had to measure themselves against was the memory of the Sith. And memory tends to fade over time.

What was happening to the Jedi was that without something to define their actions as good or evil they were starting to drift. By the time of the Clone wars the Jedi were no longer as good as they would have liked to think, they were considering actions that while not evil they were not really in keeping with what the Jedi were meant to be. (In fact you could argue that something like that happened to the Jedi during Revan's time). They were sliding towards a position where, in many ways, they would have been just as bad as the Sith ever where if not worse. They were letting the ends justify the means-Getting rid of Sidious and ending the war was a noble goal, but planning on removing him from office by force and taking over the Republic themselves was exactly what the Sith had been trying to do for millenia.

Or in otherwords the force was becoming unbalanced because the Jedi were no longer truely good, or well on their way to becoming something else.

The Jedi don't seem to have realised this was happening to them, nor do they seem to have considered that balancing the force might have involved not only destroying the Sith but also the Jedi. By destroying the Jedi order Anakin removed one imbalance in the force. Destroying the Sith decades later removed the second imbalance. By doing both Anakin did bring balance to the force by effectivly hitting the reset switch. The new Jedi (and of course new dark Jedi) now had to stand back and redefine exactly what they were and what they stood for.

The chosen one would be born of the force-This means that Luke can't be the chosen one, his parents were known. Anakin on the other hand doen't seem to have a father according to his mother.

Ooh, ooh, we don't know who Revan's parents are! ...yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... :ermm:

Also, isn't there the argument that Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father? I know that whole bit was there to please all the people who got pissed at Anakin's Jesus Birth and all...

And also, aren't there people out there who try to claim the same thing? ("I don't have a father" [all he did was screw and scram])

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Revan is too cool to be a "chosen one".

He's the chosen two or three at least! :ermm:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The Last two are the parts the Jedi got wrong less because the misread them than because they stopped thinking.

1000 years before EP's 1, 2 and 3 the Jedi believed that the Sith had been destroyed (they hadn't, they just went into hiding). Because of this the Jedi had nothing to define what 'evil', meaning the dark side, really meant and hence nothing to define what 'good' meant either. All they had was the memory of what the Sith had been like. Over time this meant that they strayed further from what they should have been like-consider what the Jedi's response to finding out that Palpatine was the Sith Lord was. Instead of looking for evidence, taking this to the senate or just going public they went off to arrest him on their own. They were also talking about taking over the Republic afterwards. Put another way they decided that the 'good' course of action would be to depose the ellected leader of the Republic and take over themselves. While it could be argued that this wasn't an evil act in itself it is interesting in that they never considered any other course of action-would the Sepatratists have continued to fight had they known that Sidious was Palpitine? Probably not.

Well, good and evil are by themselves meaningless. To gain meaning they have to have something to measure against and the only thing you can use to give good meaning is evil and vice-versa. For a 1000 years the Jedi thought that the Sith were gone, as such all they had to measure themselves against was the memory of the Sith. And memory tends to fade over time.

What was happening to the Jedi was that without something to define their actions as good or evil they were starting to drift. By the time of the Clone wars the Jedi were no longer as good as they would have liked to think, they were considering actions that while not evil they were not really in keeping with what the Jedi were meant to be. (In fact you could argue that something like that happened to the Jedi during Revan's time). They were sliding towards a position where, in many ways, they would have been just as bad as the Sith ever where if not worse. They were letting the ends justify the means-Getting rid of Sidious and ending the war was a noble goal, but planning on removing him from office by force and taking over the Republic themselves was exactly what the Sith had been trying to do for millenia.

Or in otherwords the force was becoming unbalanced because the Jedi were no longer truely good, or well on their way to becoming something else.

The Jedi don't seem to have realised this was happening to them, nor do they seem to have considered that balancing the force might have involved not only destroying the Sith but also the Jedi. By destroying the Jedi order Anakin removed one imbalance in the force. Destroying the Sith decades later removed the second imbalance. By doing both Anakin did bring balance to the force by effectivly hitting the reset switch. The new Jedi (and of course new dark Jedi) now had to stand back and redefine exactly what they were and what they stood for.

While your theory sounds nice and plausible, there isn't much to support it. :ermm:

All we know, from the material that was released and from George Lucas himself, is that only the destruction of the Sith mattered. Balance was restored by the darkside losing its grip over the galaxy, with the death of Palpatine and Vader. That's the official version. If you think that the Jedi somehow belonged into that equation as well, that's definately a way one can think about it, but I wouldn't quote it as the truth.

Edited by Dark Wastl

And yeah, seriously - imo so is probably Anakin the choosen one after all, even do i don't really like it. :/

Accept, I don't think that anyone really wants Anakin to be the "Chosen One". Anakin does not get any love on this board, now will he ever. Anakin is as unpopular as G0-T0 on these forums as well.

Besides, GL said he was the Chosen One. Case closed.

Even chosen ones can be lame.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My take is this. Anakin was the chosen one. He brought balance to the force in more ways than one. First, the obvious: 2 Jedi & 2 Sith. Second: He kills Sidious and dies himself leaving Luke at the helm. And third and ultimately: Created Luke Skywalker who, while on the side of what is right and good, is the whole package with both light and dark in his being. Luke is the epitome of balance in the force, thus Anakin(with some help from Padme)brought balance to the force.

How is Luke the epitome of balance?

Where is this darkness inside him?

He was no different than Obi Wan, both gave in to their anger for a short amount of time, but that's it. And Obi Wan couldn't be more of a lightsider.

Why make it so complicated, when the simple answer was already given quite a few times?

my problem with Anakin is that Anakin is too emo for my taste.

Is it one of the 10 Commandment of Sithdom Shall not be an emo at any point of your life?

I think the comandment was 'Thou shall always kill Emo's'. Would explain why Anakin decided to kill Palpatine in such a way that he himself would be killed-'Oh God! I was a total Emo...Time to die'

Balance to the force ... when he and Palpatine were done with the Jedi, there were only two Jedi and two Sith

Ehm, I'm quite inclined to believe that the Jedi played another Hide 'n seek game like they did after the Jedi Civil War (see KOTOR 2). There were more jedi in the galaxy than just two or three. Many were in hiding, even other knights/master than just Obi-wan Kenobi.

To see it from Master Kavar's point of view, which I like to do every now and then, is that "The dark side can never truly be defeated, it is always there inside us". So either if the Jedi would've done their best to destroy the Sith once and for all, or the other way around...a new generation brings a new seed of potential sith and jedi.

Hence why talking about destroying the Sith Order or the Jedi Order is more or less - useless.

As for Anakin. It is true that Anakin has a good story revolving around him and his own life is quite a ...story..if not a mess. If you ask me the first 3 episodes (I, II, III) were horrible in many ways. I don't know what flew into Lucas when he made that sissy girl of an actor into Anakin Skywalker. What, he took him because of his 'good looks'? His acting was horrible, his lines were even worse. The only two who were worthy of playing their roles were Obi-wan and Yoda...although Yoda was a digital animation instead of the old fashioned doll :shifty:

So all in all - Anakin is the chosen one, Lucas said so. His taste of actors has gotten worse over the years - And yes, I hate Episode 1, 2 and 3.

Ep 4,5,6 ftw! :thumbsup:

They wouldnt be sith thou, they be dark jedi..

Sith is a belief and a teaching they would need to have access to texts or teaching in order to become a sith, everyone can run around being nasty but without the belief in the sith teachings they just Dark jedi, jedi in other words gone bad :)

Guest The Architect
my problem with Anakin is that Anakin is too emo for my taste.

Is it one of the 10 Commandment of Sithdom Shall not be an emo at any point of your life?

Umm

Edited by The Architect

Has this ever been discussed before?

It was lagely accepted by the council that Anakin was the chosen one. Yet in episode III yoda says, that the prophacy may have been misread.

Could this perhaps be interpreted that the prophcy was about Luke and the it was misread by 1 generation?

There are three things that are known about the prophecy;

The chosen one would destroy the Sith-Note that the prophecy only says that the Sith would be destroyed, not the dark side of the force. Someone doesn't have to be a Sith Lord to use the Dark side of the force.

The chosen one would bring balance to the force.

well said i say

Vader balanced the force for 5 min. then palpatine was cloned, unbalancing the force once again.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Remember what balance ACTUALLY Means.

To George Lucas, Balance is "spritual balance". George Lucas is a Jedi fanboy, so that means that the Force should be totally aligned to the LS. So, all dark side taint must be removed.

Palpatine is DS. Luke Skywalker turned Anakin to the LS, and then Anakin balanced the Force by killing off Palpatine. No more Dark Side taint.

...THE END.

((What? EU? Oh who cares!))

If I was George Lucas, I'd have Palpatine be the "Chosen One". He's the one that 'brings balance to the Force', by destroying the Jedi...and later the Sith (by his own incompetence). The Force is perfectly aligned, allowing for the rise of a Grey Jedi Order, led by Luke Skywalker.

Darth Krayt is the "Chosen...." .... never mind

(I would seriously be happy if they decided to throw that whole legacy series out from SW canon. Darth Talon and that Quarren dude could be re-used for a different timeline...)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.