YAY! NWN2 1.05 BETA PATCH IS HERE!

Sand

I think it is a prudent measure. I judge acompany's support structure based on their latest game for their latest game using relfects their most recent policies on such matters as support and patching.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Would you rather they just dropped support for the game entirely? ;)

Nono.. Support is king. Re-creating the game however.. heh.. well I guess that's one way of doing it. I'll give it another run once the multiselect patch is ready. :rolleyes:

The henchmen,.. do they behave now btw? Not moving, fighting, casting spells and quaffing potions at will even with puppet mode on? (just wondering).

J.

Edited by Junai

Don't be so negative, Miss Raven. That's my job.

Anyway, I am reverting back to 1.04. There are some jarring problems with the Height and Girth in the game.

1) No listing of height and weight in inches and pounds. I like exact numerical values

2) Halfings, gnomes, and children are way to tall, even on minimum height and girth.

Those are two glaring problems I have come across. Multi-select works great.

LOLZ. A patch that is buggy, WTF?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Patches shouldn't be betas. It's not a game or an expansion, its a fix. It is either correct or it isn't. If it isn't correct than it shouldn't be released.

We don't know if it's correct or not until a large number of people try it out. The patch betas are entirely voluntary. The net effect of people voluntarily testing out the changes is that the finished patch gains stability faster. There is no practical way to match the effect of a public beta, so it would be silly not to do it.

Yet another reason why the proliferation of the internet is awesome.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Beta patches are sent out to numerous people to test on varied machines. More machines testing means more feedback, and more bugs found so that the programmers can make more fixes. Also with the way WotC and Atari like to keep control of things it is good to release the beta while Atari deals with all the red tape til it is released in its final form.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Rob help me with my problem. I forgot that I had a mod in the override that used the Appearance.2da.

Here is a pic of a halfling rogue next to Lewry's pig in the tutorial as well a size comparison to a chicken. :o

post-17979-1174096729_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1174096758_thumb.jpg

Halfling on minimum settings. Next, a Half Orc on maximum settings!

I just never recalled patches of games in the past being betas, it was either fixed or it wasn't released.

Bioware has done beta-patches in the past. I think for either BG2 or Kotor. Or both. Anyway, it's not something new with NWN2. And they're a good thing. Most of the time they just fix things and using beta means getting it a week or two earlier than would have been the case otherwise. Depending on the issue, buggy fixes can be better than no fixes. And if not, it's just to skip the beta patch.

Bottom line is, having options is a good thing.

Edit: (besides, it's not like the issues Sand is listing are exactly bugs, just things he doesn't agree with. I think the screenshots of that halfling is more than adequate for a short halfling)

Edited by Spider

That pig could eat that halfling :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The problem was, Spider, I had a mod in my override that used an Appearance.2da file. When I removed it everything worked as advertised.

I'm not going to betatest the patch, that should be in the hands of those more familiar with the game, I'm just starting. I'm happy to report that the game works very well on Vista, not only with the new features from the OS but overall performance is excellent with the latest nVidia WHQL 100.65 drivers. Still I turned off AA, so that might be helping me.

The only things out of place I've noticed so far with the patch is that the height/girth sliders aren't very smooth, the settings jump around. Also, all the keyboard mapping is different from pre-patch. I was using default keymapping so thats what I was used to, and now its different. Went to hit Q to quicksave, and I walked left for instance.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

With the right spells and the right mods the new height and girth options can give you interesting camera views... Like this one! :*

post-17979-1174228995_thumb.jpg

PANTY SHOT!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There's the Undemrountian Remake from NWN1. Last I checked it wa sin beta. Has potential in the future though espicially if it's crafted as well as the NWN1 version was.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.