WORST character models ever...

I didn't mind the models so much, except half-elves. Now those were hideous. And the crazy circus beards for dwarves.

I love those beards. This is just personal preference, but every dwarf I made (50+) made me smile, mainly due to the awesome beards. The multi-braid was my favorite.

It would have been nice to have a choice of more than 3 different beards though. I don't mind braided beards, as long as they're big full dwarf beards, not little tiny NWN1 gnome beards.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The quality of the artwork, wasn't even a question for me.

Everyone has personal preferances as to what they like and dislike... it's subjective codswallop.

If obsidian had to adhere to WotC standards for the art, then they have done a good job, because upon inspection of the models(in wireframe) they've been built extremely well.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

The problem with comparing it to DDO, Schazzwozzer, is that DDO is not Forgotten Realms, and is Ebberon which has different artisitc requirements.

Ebberon Elves are not the same as Forgotten Realms Elves.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

True, but thats not going to happen again.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Luckily so :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'd rather take better art direction, thank you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I simply use 3.5e since that is the most recent version of the game, Ramza, and nothing more. Sheesh, be a nitpicker why don't you. :)

Actually, I didn't know whether you were serious or not. Anyway, is there really a difference between 3E and 3.5E elves? Why do you say that elves are not supposed to be hotter than humans with the new rules? I thought elves were still supposed to be a very beautiful for most races' standards (except dwarves) in 3.5E...

On a side note, these questions are quite relevant to me. If you remember, I had created a thread about my own d&d house rules and I was really annoyed by the fact that I couldn't find a way to implement the elves' grace and beauty into stats and bonuses. Most people disagreed with my +2 to CHA... How else could this be done? If 3E managed to implement this racial feture, I am just curious to see how it was done...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

3e elves are the same as 3.5e elves, Ramza. That is what I said. I just used 3.5e label because that is the most recent version of the rules system. Man, you are thick.

:rolleyes:

I recently purchased a copy of NWN2, and I must say those are the most terrible character models I've ever seen. Elves are supposed to be an attractive race, sadly the humans have more comely faces than the elves and that's not saying much. To be honest I think the elven models look like gradeschool Play-Doh renderings, it's sad. Here's hoping a future patch will fix this travesty.

Well agree some of the models werent the best ive seen but in the developers defense ive seen games that should have a very high standard with worse, just look at how many design flaws there are in World of warcraft...

Well, instead of saying go play something else, I suggest this above all else:

NWN2 has a community of dedicated people that like to create their own ideas and put them out there for the rest of us. I am one of those people as well, having released several hundred new plant models in the form of NWN2 Foliage Packs. The same can be said about character heads, which are also models. If you don't like the ones WoTC told OE to make for us, then make some new ones, or ask the community to step up and give it a go. We are limited with animations for new creatures atm, but that didn't stop LeAdderNoir from making new head models for characters did it. We as a community have the ability to make these things happen, and I think that instead of telling someone to just go play something else hurts us all. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to encourage the use of Custom Content, since this is exactly why we are given the ability in the first place?

Well anyways, I have my gripes about 3rd edition artwork also. For example: I like a bit fat fatty fat ROUND Beholder, which is alot more intimidating to me than the 3ed "I stuck my tongue into a light socket" Beholder.

I don't believe you can have a realistic looking attractive elf. You can have a Legolos, a good looking human being with pointy ears, but the more 'real' an art style is, the more off-putting non-human facial features become.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Exactly, MC. DnD elves aren't good looking humans with pointed ears.

Then I prefer Tolkien elves :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Exactly, MC. DnD elves aren't good looking humans with pointed ears.

Depends who draws them.

The cartoonish drawings that fill the D&D 3'rd+ edition books vary so much in style and quality that they couldn't possibly tell the readers anything about D&D elves. I don't see how those pictures appeal to anyone but kids. Different races and classes portrayed in all shapes and sizes, often in half-manga/ half-DC-Comics style. Quite repulsive imho. Why not find a couple of high-quality artists like John Howe or Alan Lee, and have them work with Wizards to create a quality universe. The D&D books these days are just.. tacky. :sorcerer:

Check out this exhibition.. Wonderful!

J.

Edited by Junai

Maybe, just maybe, I don't know but maybe DnD is not Tolkien.

GEE! WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!

:sorcerer:

For me DnD elves are ok, but I greatly prefer Tolkien/old DnD elves.

As old DnD elves I mean elves like they are in Dragonlance novels etc.

Well, those elves are not the ones Obsidian had to put in the game. It was the Forgotten Realms elves. Not Dragonlance. Not Tolkien. Forgotten Realms/DnD elves. I prefer the elves as they are in the current editions because it makes them less human looking. If I want pointed ear humans I'll go play Star Trek.

Of course it's not Obsidian's fault. Heck, I even defended them in beginning of this topic. :)

They are bad.

It's specific to the Elves too. I've been in the toolset and trying to find decent head models. These aren't just "WoTC" pics they're basing them on.

Some of these, are just plain old bad modeling. I hadn't really looked through the range of faces until just recently when I needed to create a female elf NPC.

The Human faces are decent, could use some better female ones, but nothing overly bad there but could use some additions. Half Orcs, very nice. Dwarves, also good. Halfling females are pretty good, just not much selection. Asimaar and Teifling are decent too.

It is specific to the Elven females. The Elven Males, could use some touch up, but at least they really do resemble the WoTC drawings to a certain extent. The Elven Females though, are just bad modeling jobs.

Maybe, just maybe, I don't know but maybe DnD is not Tolkien.

GEE! WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!

:)

Yes it is. It's a total rip-off. :wub:

Edited by Junai