Lets play a game

alanschu

Some of you are close, but you still do not quite know how to play the game. I will be so glad if one can see the game for all its fun and joy.

Kum wins as he found me not play the game the right way!

Edited by alanschu

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Good for you. Those small words were always the ones that got me. They seem so innocent in their polysyllablic ways.

275px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

For those that are curious (which would be no one), the game was one Chuckles played with The Avatar in Ultima VII. I figured since this board seemed more CRPGish, that more people would have recognized it.

Steve obviously gets more cookies, since he knew the game:

gallery-msg-1132820220-2.jpg

That is how you play the game.

It was a neat puzzle in Ultima VII. Chuckles is the Castle Jester, and he'd stop talking with you if you used a word with more than one syllable. If you went through all the way, he gave you a clue of some sort.

At the very end, was he says goodbye to you, he says "Do not forg..... Do not lose how to play the game." He almost slips up, but not quite. If you googled the phrase "Do not lose how to play the game," it returned with a reference to Chuckles and Ultima VII.

That stack of sweet treats makes me drool.

And for a whole cake I could play the fool.

I doubt though that I could play this game long

One note words do not flow and are not my song.

*it's hard to find a good word to rhyme with "drool"...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Of course not. It was humor in my own odd style - no point to it other than that. :o

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh crabsticks. I thought we were playing something like canteen chess.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For those that are curious (which would be no one), the game was one Chuckles played with The Avatar in Ultima VII. I figured since this board seemed more CRPGish, that more people would have recognized it.

gallery-msg-1132820220-2.jpg

I remember this game because when I first played Ultima VII I simply could not get it, no matter how many times I tried. Chuckles used to drive me nuts. It was only after going back to the game a few years later, I got it first time. Yeah, I'm a bit surprised there weren't more people here who knew it, but I guess it shows just how old Ultima VII is now (though still great).

Thanks for the cookies. :woot:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So Magneto, we meet again!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Un-break my heart

Say you love me agian

Undo this pain that you caused

when you walked out the door

un-cry these tears

I cried so many nights

Un-break my heart

My heart

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That is how you play the game.

It was a neat puzzle in Ultima VII. Chuckles is the Castle Jester, and he'd stop talking with you if you used a word with more than one syllable. If you went through all the way, he gave you a clue of some sort.

At the very end, was he says goodbye to you, he says "Do not forg..... Do not lose how to play the game." He almost slips up, but not quite. If you googled the phrase "Do not lose how to play the game," it returned with a reference to Chuckles and Ultima VII.

I put on my thinking cap yesterday for this one, but all I could come up with was "well, they're not using contractions... then when you said "Do not lose how to play the game" I thought you had to use each of the words "how to play the game" in your post somewhere... then I realized that wasn't it. Then I gave up and slunk home, defeated.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I put on my thinking cap yesterday for this one, but all I could come up with was "well, they're not using contractions... then when you said "Do not lose how to play the game" I thought you had to use each of the words "how to play the game" in your post somewhere... then I realized that wasn't it. Then I gave up and slunk home, defeated.

My guess was that they weren't using any words with more than 6 letters. Which was true, but only because there aren't many one-syllable words with more letters than that. It was clear to me that something was constraining word choice, but I guess my mind is more visual/numerical oriented that I jumped to number of letters rather than number of syllables.

Trivia: the longest word with only one syllable is "strengths," at 9 letters.