Baldur's Gate - whole series for ten quid

Walsingham

It should, because you can start a character as any of the other kits, e.g. Assassin, Kensai, Inquisitor.

The one bad thing about tutu is it divvies up the other NPCs weapons proficiencies into more specific categories. Like I think in vanilla BG you just had small swords and large swords, and Khalid has two stars in large swords and two in two-weapon fighting. Well, with tutu they decided those two stars from large swords are now two stars in bastard swords. Not what I would have picked.

Still, annoyances like that are easily fixed using Shadowkeeper, which lets you reassign proficiencies to your heart's content.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

In fact I remember talking about the quality of said banter pack a few months back when I was playing the game... I had said I couldn't even tell which banters were Bio-made and which were added with the mod, intending to commend the quality of the modders' work.

I guess it depends on the player; I can almost always spot the difference in writing style. The thing that caused me to finally ditch the mod was when NPCs started referring to Lilarcor as "Larry". It sounded like something out of 20th century Earth, not Faerun.

But you know, if that was an actual gaming group at the table the name Larry would stick. Best weapon to give to Minsc.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

In fact I remember talking about the quality of said banter pack a few months back when I was playing the game... I had said I couldn't even tell which banters were Bio-made and which were added with the mod, intending to commend the quality of the modders' work.

I guess it depends on the player; I can almost always spot the difference in writing style. The thing that caused me to finally ditch the mod was when NPCs started referring to Lilarcor as "Larry". It sounded like something out of 20th century Earth, not Faerun.

Ah, but now you're referring to the BG2 banter pack, as that talking sword was found in BG2, not BG1. :lol:

I haven't tried the banter pack for BG2. I never saw a need for it, actually. I've played that game through probably two and half times, trying to take different combinations of NPCs with me, so I could hear different interactions and do different NPC quests. Before I started BG1, the biggest knock I heard on it was there wasn't enough party interaction. So, I took a chance and installed the banter pack, because a lively group of adventurers can make the most tedious dungeon crawl interesting.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Call me old fashion, but I prefer BG1 in its original form.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Call me old fashion, but I prefer BG1 in its original form.

You're old fashion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I haven't used any mods for it at all, and I'v eplayed BG1 through completely 3 times. Maybe I should mod up?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I haven't used any mods for it at all, and I'v eplayed BG1 through completely 3 times. Maybe I should mod up?

I would if I were you, there are some pretty good ones (and some really awful ones).

The NPC mod and Sword Coast Stratagems are two mods I wouldn't play without (SCS I've omly played with once since it's new, but it's really good).

Go here for links to all the mods you could possibly need:

www.pocketplane.net

I just got the FR Deluxe Pack for about $55. Damn good value for 5 full games and 5 expansions, IMO.

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I just got the FR Deluxe Pack for about $55. Damn good value for 5 full games and 5 expansions, IMO.

Are the DVDs laid out the same as the other recent compilations? That is: BG1 DVD, TotSC CD, BG2 DVD, ToB CD, IWD DVD, HoW CD, IWD 2 CDs and I'm guessing NWN + exp DVD.

BG1 DVD

TotSC CD

BG2 DVD

ToB CD

IWD DVD

HoW CD

IWD2 2xCD

NWN 3xCD

SoU CD

HotU CD

I am slightly disappointed by the large number of CDs in the compilation, I was hoping most of it would be packed on DVDs, but oh well.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

One of the great things about the NWN2 premium edition was NWN+expansions all on one DVD. :dancing:

I wonder why they can't get BG1 and TOTSC on the same DVD? My Baldur's Gate Compilation has the same 2 DVDs and 2 CDs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Does anyone know how the Baldur's Gate series fares on Vista? I'm about to purchase a new system, and I saw somewhere that BG2, which I'd still like to play from time to time, has trouble running on it.

*gasp* A fellow Brit running Vista? You must have sold us out to some wealthy foreign power, you devil. How did you get so rich?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm surprised PS:T wasn't in that compilation, as it is the only Infinity Engine game missing.

Iirc, when the Planescape setting was discontinued, Torment was no longer allowed to be marketed by WotC. Interplay even had to stop selling it on their website.

Does anyone know how the Baldur's Gate series fares on Vista? I'm about to purchase a new system, and I saw somewhere that BG2, which I'd still like to play from time to time, has trouble running on it.

*gasp* A fellow Brit running Vista? You must have sold us out to some wealthy foreign power, you devil. How did you get so rich?

With my gigantic City bonus.

Actually I don't work in the City, and I'm not technically a Brit. But shhh.

With my gigantic City bonus.

Actually I don't work in the City, and I'm not technically a Brit. But shhh.

*halfwitted puzzlement*

but when... how... who... arghh.....

-Elwood Blues

I have now contracted a lung infection. It's like I'm a fan of BG on a cellular level...

-Elwood Blues

:sad:

:teehee: Thanks. just be glad you don't have to put up with my ghastly wheezing.

-Elwood Blues