Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

The Departed. boooring ending. everyone dies. Made me depressed for 2 hours.

The Covenant. It was nice, but the magic they used was basically just "I throw energy balls lol" and not much difference when the guy "ascends".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

High Planes Drifter

This movie sorta makes me regret my past life as a gun fighter.At the same time I wish I would have had a midget sidekick

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just finished watching Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. Wow....it was actually pretty damn sad but I really liked it. Wasn't really a role I would imagine Jim Carey as being good at but I thought he did well at being serious and emotional. The whole premise on memory and not knowing what you have until its gone was pretty well done and I like how it reached through to other people and not just Jim Carey. Good movie I give it a 4.5/5

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised at the Eternal Sunshine. I've even been thinking of buying it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Slither. Not bad. But not good, either.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

THIS IS PASTA!

10/10

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Epic movie, the acting sucked, but it was purty funnee.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

300 .. I never thought I would say this, but the serious parts of the movie (were people weren't being killed in various ways) were actually quite lacking compared to the action.

The movie suffered from trying to be more than it was. A good film nonetheless and one I will fully recommend.

Fortune favors the bald.

What would his special power be?

Ideally, like Puck from Alpha Flight, but I'd probaly be lucky to get one who could juggle.

I was forced into watching Gangs of New York this weekend and this movie was so bad I actually went blind in my left eye for about ten minutes. I'd usually take this time to rant about how Leo should just give up the whole "I can do accents" bit, but the real tragedy in this movie is Cameron Diaz. I'd go into a schpiel about it, but then I'd have to try and remember the movie again, if you've seen the movie then you would know my conundrum. Although I would be interest to hear Volo tell me why this movie is actually pretty good.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ideally, like Puck from Alpha Flight, but I'd probaly be lucky to get one who could juggle.

I was forced into watching Gangs of New York this weekend and this movie was so bad I actually went blind in my left eye for about ten minutes. I'd usually take this time to rant about how Leo should just give up the whole "I can do accents" bit, but the real tragedy in this movie is Cameron Diaz. I'd go into a schpiel about it, but then I'd have to try and remember the movie again, if you've seen the movie then you would know my conundrum. Although I would be interest to hear Volo tell me why this movie is actually pretty good.

See when I don't like a movie I quickly discontinue any memory of it. I've seen Gangs of New York probably about 3 - 4 times, why, because I either had no choice or my other choices sucked more...I barely remember anything from the movie except for the butcher dude and that dude getting clubbed to death, that was pretty cool but the movie failed when it came to actual story/themes/characters and all that jazz. Not to mention it was long as all hell, im tired of crap like that. Freakin bs lotr, no offense but sucked too. And no it's not attention span it's just not good film making unless you are really into lore and nerd stuff like that.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Happy Feet.

Great animation, some good music ... almost no plot. The small penguin sidekicks were cuter than the big ones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just got back from the Swedish premi

See when I don't like a movie I quickly discontinue any memory of it. I've seen Gangs of New York probably about 3 - 4 times, why, because I either had no choice or my other choices sucked more...I barely remember anything from the movie except for the butcher dude and that dude getting clubbed to death, that was pretty cool but the movie failed when it came to actual story/themes/characters and all that jazz. Not to mention it was long as all hell, im tired of crap like that. Freakin bs lotr, no offense but sucked too. And no it's not attention span it's just not good film making unless you are really into lore and nerd stuff like that.

The problem with the film is that it just had no point. It was just boring. Or was that because I just didn't feel any empathy towards the characters? Whatever the reason, I was expecting it to finish about forty minutes before it did, and hoping it would about an hour and a half before it did. And when it finally did finish, I couldn't understand why Scorsese choose to finish where he did.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Stranger Than Fiction.

Being Will Ferrell and all, I was expecting a comedy. It wasn't. Not that it's a bad movie. It's just not a comedy; I'm not sure exactly what it was, really. There were some cute moments, and some interesting ones, and of course by turning philosphical/fantasy there's not a lot of logic, but maybe that doesn't matter. And Emma was great in her small role. The movie overall was maybe ... um ... 6.75 out of 10.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stranger Than Fiction.

Being Will Ferrell and all, I was expecting a comedy. It wasn't. Not that it's a bad movie. It's just not a comedy; I'm not sure exactly what it was, really. There were some cute moments, and some interesting ones, and of course by turning philosphical/fantasy there's not a lot of logic, but maybe that doesn't matter. And Emma was great in her small role. The movie overall was maybe ... um ... 6.75 out of 10.

I liked it. It was quirky and humourous, but not in a way that made you laugh out loud very often. I'm still in shock at liking Will Ferrell in something.

I saw The Queen a few days ago. and loved it. Helen Mirren definitely deserved her Oscar for that, and I think Martin Sheen captures the essential sliminess of Tony Blair very well. It was very challenging and disconcerting to watch something in which Blair is in the right - that hardly ever happens now in real life. I'm still a little glad I wasn't in the UK at the time of Diana's death - I wonder if I would have been caught up in the collective grief, or recoiled from it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just finished watching Jersey Girl, and I must say I rather enjoyed it. Surprisingly good movie, especially after seeing Jennifer Lopez in the opening minutes.. I thought the movie would be an salvageable wreck after that, but she disappeared after 10 minutes or so. That probably saved it. And I just can't watch a movie with Liv Tyler in it without getting a crush on that girl! Argh! Stay away from my heart, woman!

It irks me that I liked it though.. especially since I remember Volourn liking it too. That usually means you're dead wrong.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!