Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360???

karka

Examples of failure are not proof of fundamental incompatability. I think the main SPECIAL translation issues with Tactics were a) keeping skills in Tactics that were either not used or conceptually weird for a game with emphasis on tactical combat and b) translating movement rate/cost to real time in a way that caused a lot of wackiness.

Of course, I thought that some of SPECIAL's skills should have been excised for a future RPG anyway, so that should come as no surprise.

When I started running Fallout tabletop games, the peek n' spray n' hide gunfights got pretty dull (as they can sometimes be in the Fallout games). That's why I switched over to a move > charge > act system that didn't even use AP.

Some aspects of SPECIAL are great. Other aspects are not so great. If Bethesda keeps the great aspects and ditches the not so great aspects, I'm certainly not going to cry about it. I have no doubt that they are going to make a real time game; I just hope that they do it well. I thought Oblivion's ranged combat was fine. It was the hand-to-hand that I found unbearable.

If it is solely real time I have no doubt that it will suck. I have yet seen SPECIAL done in real time in a satisfactory manner and I doubt that I will.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The combat aspects of the rules system of course. Take a good look at Lionheart. Hell, CTB in Fallout Tactic was pretty lame in of itself. Now I am not saying the game should be TB only just that we have a TB option so that those who want to play it in the tradition turn base can and those who want to play it real time can also.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

What does 3.5e have to do with SPECIAL?  Moving from 3e to 3.5e was not shattering at all.  Moving from 2e to 3e...  Now that taken some getting use to but that is off topic, Miss Moderator.  I stand what I said about SPECIAL.  SPECIAL does not work in real time.  That has been proven in Lionheart, FOPOS, and Fallout Tactics.

Without SPECIAL then its not Fallout.

No, "Sand", it's called using something else that's similar as an example.

You made the transition from 2e to 3e to 3.5e and you'll make this transition as well.

No. If Fallout 3 is Fallout in name only I will not be getting the game, unless I can get it for under $10. It will be bargin bin fodder, just like Bloodlines.

I am very particular when it comes to Fallout. It is my favorite PC game of all time and I don't want it used in a game that is complete crap. And again I am not saying they shouldn't have real time in the game just that they should also have the turn base system as well.

Edited by Sand

And that has what to do with the discussion, Laozi, or are you so lame that you have to resort to insults instead of actually contributing anything to the argument?

I think what he is trying to say, Laozi, is that, he agrees with it as far as it goes, but if you only go that far, you're doomed.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You may have no doubts, but I do. I haven't seen a single thing from Bethesda that shows that they are making a true Fallout sequel.

You may have no doubts, but I do.  I haven't seen a single thing from Bethesda that shows that they are making a true Fallout sequel.

I haven't seen a single thing from Bethesda that shows that they are making a good game. Fallout or not. So far in my experience they haven't made a single decent game. The best they've done so far is Oblivion, and that was fun for about 20 minutes. Not good for an RPG.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Have you seen anything that shows that they aren't?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Various interviews, style in which the present their current CRPGs, the fact they seek to make it a cross platform game, and the such.

My doubts are much simpler. It's not their IP and I didn't like Oblivion.

I loved Morrowind, but I've got the impression that Bethesda likes what they made with Oblivion over what they made with Morrowind.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My main 3 problems with Oblivion are 1) Quest arrows that spoon feed you and telling you where to go specifically instead of letting the player figure it out for themselves, 2) how the gameis far more action gamey than what a CRPG should be, and 3) the interface is too consolish.

Edited by Sand

Well, we have had SPECIAL in real time in three different games and each game Real Time SPECIAL sucked each and every time.  What makes Bethesda's Fallout any different?  Especially if they use the same engine style of Oblivion.

The more you complain, the more I hope it is morrowind with guns. :blink:

Just so you'll quit complaining about it. :aiee:

I don't like Morrowind with guns.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I might actually like Morrowind with guns. If it would be indeed more like Morrowind.

Edited by Tale

Yeah, but it wouldn't be Fallout.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be Fallout.

Shakespeare wouldn't care, why should I?

Shakespeare is dead.

Shakespeare is dead.

And I'm not. However, the point still stands "what's in a name?"