NHL

Darque

Please quote me where I said Shanahan sucked. I said he ruins team chemistry. HUGE difference.

Last year: Rangers nearly win their division, and make play offs for first time in 7 years depsite everyone naming themw orst team in NHL.

This season: Rangers will be lucky to make play offs depsite people having the gall to vote them 1st place in division.

Biggest difference: Shanahan.

Game over.

P.S. Goals aside, the guy is a -. That's pathetic.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I haven't watched a lot of Rangers games, but it looked to me like Lundqvist really gave away the Detroit game. Jagr is also not as dominant as he was last season, at least statistically. It seems like they've got bigger issues than just the best left winger in hockey's history being bad for chemistry. I do think adding Avery is a plus, as the guy plays all out every shift and he might bring some needed energy to the Rangers bench.

Honestly, the Rangers were also outplaying Detroit, even when they lost it in the third. They had numerous offensive chances, but Hasek stood on his head. So I don't think they are terrible, they are just facing a very competitive conference.

Lunqvist played poorly in the 3rd against Detroit; but overall he's been phenomenal since early Decemeber being top 5 in the important goalie stats. Lack of scoring is the problem plus Shanahan.

"How is Shanahan responsible for your team's lack of success?"

Comapre the Rangers from last year to this. Biggest difference? Shanahan. Goals or no goals; he surely hasn't improved the team. In fact, the guy is near worthless even strength hence his minus.

Oh no, don't come into the NHL thread cheering for a WINNING team! In here, we're all losers cheering for crappy teams at the bottom of every conference >_<

Oh how I've dreaded this day, when a Wings/Preds/Sabres fan would find their way in here.. to mock us to tears..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"But Lunqvist really sucks."

No, he doesn't. If it wans't for him, the Rangers wouldn't even be in the game since they cna't seem to score more than 3 goals and even then they are lucky.

He had a bad start to the season but since early December, he's amongst the league leaders for GAA and S%.

Oh no, don't come into the NHL thread cheering for a WINNING team! In here, we're all losers cheering for crappy teams at the bottom of every conference >_<

Oh how I've dreaded this day, when a Wings/Preds/Sabres fan would find their way in here.. to mock us to tears..

Hey! Montreal is still in 4th place in the east! <_<

"How is Shanahan responsible for your team's lack of success?"

Comapre the Rangers from last year to this. Biggest difference? Shanahan. Goals or no goals; he surely hasn't improved the team. In fact, the guy is near worthless even strength hence his minus.

I don't think it's that simple, because it assumes that the rest of the league remained static, and that the skills of all players involved have also remained static.

"But Lunqvist really sucks."

No, he doesn't. If it wans't for him, the Rangers wouldn't even be in the game since they cna't seem to score more than 3 goals and even then they are lucky.

He had a bad start to the season but since early December, he's amongst the league leaders for GAA and S%.

Maybe I just don't like him then.

The Leafs last four games:

Won road game against Carolina Hurricanes.

Won road game against NY Rangers.

Won road game against Ottawa.

Won road game against St.Louis Blues.

Leafs next game?

Road game against Nashville Predators.

The NHL schedule makers are sadists.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Leafs last four games:

Won road game against Carolina Hurricanes.

Won road game against NY Rangers.

Won road game against Ottawa.

Won road game against St.Louis Blues.

Leafs next game?

Road game against Nashville Predators.

The NHL schedule makers are sadists.

How are they sadists? Maybe it's just me but those shouldn't all be difficult games, even for Toronto. :thumbsup:

The Oilers finish the season I believe with 6 road games. 5 road games in a row seems like the standard road trip.

I think it might seem odd, because the Maple Laffs typically return to Toronto for a home game every Saturday for Hockey Night in Canada.

The Oilers finish the season I believe with 6 road games. 5 road games in a row seems like the standard road trip.

I think it might seem odd, because the Maple Laffs typically return to Toronto for a home game every Saturday for Hockey Night in Canada.

Every now and then we manage to get a Saturday without a Leafs game believe it or not. Unfortunately they are playing this weekend so instead of getting to see Montreal vs Ottawa I get to watch the Leafs. <_<