Wisdom Teeth

Kroney

A couple of years ago, one of my wisdom teeth got infected. It had come in sideways and impacted. It was very painful. After a course of antibiotics it cleared up. The next year, almost to the day, it got infected again. More pain, more antibiotics.

I have finally got the bugger removed today after eighteen months on the waiting list. God bless the NHS.

Edit: To make this thread worth having, share your hospital horror stories! I'm not giving out a prize, though, because Aram would blatantly win it and there's no fun in a foregone conclusion.

Wisdom teeth romoved. Huge piece of meat got stuck in the wound and I swelled up like a blow fish a second time. I had to go in and get it removed, it clogged up their machinary.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

bummer JE. i'm not quite sure what they had to do to me, but cut into the bone does not ring a bell. they did have to dig around a bit because all four were underneath their neighbor molars, but it was all over in probably less than half an hour.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I don't know how anybody could recover that quickly from getting wisdom teeth pulled, at least on the top. When I got them removed (I was 15 or so) they left holes in my sinus cavity. You don't want to return to normal habits (ie chewing anything that isn't soft) for at least a few weeks, lest you tear the scar tissue and leave yourself open to some incredibly nasty infections.

I was arguably as fit as I have ever been: I was swimming at least 1km, an aerobics class, weight-training three times, and running a few miles several times a week for the semester before my excavation; I lost all that fitness in that operation, and had to start again from scratch.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Had all four of mine cut out. Was in pain the first day after the drugs wore off. The next few days it was just discomfort and not being able to eat solid foods. I just took some ibuprofin or whatever and I was fine. I only used two of the lortabs they gave me. I traded the rest for some homegrown ganj.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I don't know how anybody could recover that quickly from getting wisdom teeth pulled, at least on the top.

if you were referring to my comment, i was talking the surgery was a half hour. my "i feel better now" recovery was a few days and the effects of having stitches in my jaw were a bit over a week, no more than two. the last week or so was only an issue when i smoked...

taks

comrade taks... just because.