Favorite Quotations

Guard Dog

(w00t) I forgot my all time favourite board quote. According to Onur the Courageous George bush (jnr) once said

"Those who do not s*** our balls are teh ones who we shall slay"

Which I thought was perhaps the finest piece of statesmanlike rhetoric ever conceived.

:*:(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked Bushies stable iran... I mean iraq speach...

But My favorite is Einstiens human stupidity.

The two in my sig also come to mind.

and Finially, "If your not with me, your against me" Jesus... (dig through my old posts... it's somewhere in there)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wish you could read Danish Meta.. there is an interesting book where (amongst others) Kirkegaard, Satre and Camus are compared, and their view points are discussed in order to find a modern interpretation of responsibility. both to the immediate self and others.. a very long essay that looks at subjects ranging from metaphysicality to geopolitical patterns. Kirkegaards studies of the bible are used extensively.

Fortune favors the bald.

I can wait for you to translate it. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of doing a philosophy course at Bologna, but I need to check that they conduct lectures in English ... it's hard enough without having to transliterate from Italian. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is it that new guy with the cracy ideas on the structure of reality (well aren't they all, but you know what I mean) .. I've been reading some Heidegger myself revently - he's quite interesting, but very hard to read for a common guy like me! very technical! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

Almost everything I know about philosophers comes from the philosophers drinking song.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time.

T.S Elliot

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Q: Is hockey hard?

"I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner, and the concentraion of a brain surgeon. But we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us, oh yeah did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick? Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

-Brendan Shanahan

"Que portum petat, nullus suus ventus est."

- Seneca(I think)

= If you don't know to what port you are sailing, no wind is favorable.

I think it's fitting for a lot of things.

"Are you a believer? - well I'm a deceiver

But I lied when I said that honesty was dead

I really believe all the things I say to you

It's just that none of them are true"

-NoMeansNo

Just like the above one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."

(John Donne, Meditation XVII)

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

(Groucho Marx)

"All men are fools, and what makes them so is having beauty like what I have got."

(Glenda Jackson on Morecambe and Wise.)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)