Favorite Quotations

Guard Dog

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country." - attributed to Bertrand Russell

"There was never a good war or a bad peace." - Ben Franklin

"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets." - George Patton

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." - George Patton

"All blame, no fame." - No idea who said this.

Gromnir's signature George Bernard Shaw quote, too.

Bushisms. :thumbsup: Do you know any good sites? It's a while since I looked for them, and there must be a few new ones by now.

Here's a quote that I only saw recently, but definitely a favourite:

"Far more beguiling to me than the idea that evil can be destroyed by throwing a piece of expensive costume jewellery into a volcano is the possibility that peace between nations can be maintained by careful diplomacy."

(Terry Pratchett)

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest The Architect
Bushisms. :)  Do you know any good sites?  It's a while since I looked for them, and there must be a few new ones by now.

No, because I don't actually look for stuff like that. A mate of mine showed me a clip of Bush's talk on tribal soverignty which was on 'http://www.ebaumsworld.com/'. I've checked this site out before, and there are other Bushisms, but the tribal soverignty one is the funniest one on that site IMO. You'd probably be able to find some Bushisms on youtube, but beyond that, I don't know. :)

Edited by The Architect

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of men and women."

-Samuel Adams

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We are the music-makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Arthur O'Shaughnessy

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm going to be like the rest of you and get one of my quotes from a game. Oh and italicz0r it.

In peace, sons bury their fathers, In war, fathers bury their sons.

Can't remember who said that though :p

Olivid wrote that. I saw it in Rome:TW

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You mean Ovid, I think.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You mean Ovid, I think.

Grr,I need a spell checker! You are correct.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I'm going to be like the rest of you and get one of my quotes from a game. Oh and italicz0r it.

In peace, sons bury their fathers, In war, fathers bury their sons.

Can't remember who said that though -_-

Olivid wrote that. I saw it in Rome:TW

Well I saw mine in CoD2 after being bashed by a crashed German :aiee:

If there are no dogs in heaven I do not want to go. When I die, send me wherever they went

_Roy Rogers

Thomas Sowell

The fox knows many tricks, the porcupine but one, but a good one.

- Beats me

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Of all the things I've lost in Life, I miss my mind the most. ~ Ozzy Osbourne

We are utter failures and should be driven into the streets, then pelted with coal. ~ Josh Sawyer

Dean Anderson's making a mod level for Half-Life that's a rather authentic representation of the Bioware HQ. You could stock it with Bioweenies, Karzak, and run after us with a lead pipe or something. Wouldn't that be fun, eh? ~ Dave Gaider

...a few o' me personal favorites... :ermm:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

- Abraham Lincoln

That one is good!

Thomas Sowell

"Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." - some scripture

"Mcmanus told us another story completely."

"Oh yeah is that the one about the hooker with ugh dysentery?" - The Usual suspects

"First person that comes out this ****ing door gets a... gets a *lead salad*, you understand? " - Fight Club

"I became addicted. If I didn't say anything, people always assumed the worse. They'd cry harder, then I'd cry harder." - Fight Club

"The dude abides." - The Big Lewboski Hands down, one the greatest, no doubt.

"The weak shall be devoured by the evil inside them." - Not sure where thats from.

"There's more to life than how many women you have sex with, and there's more to life than how many girls you have on the side, and there's more to life then all that stupid ****, in the end, honestly, what really counts is the love between people, and how much someone really cares about you." - Immortal Technique

"Well good news, your not gay, but you like sucking transexual ****." - From some site where people send in confessions and he evaluates whether they are gay or not.

"I hate no one, just the things they do." - Teacher

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"I think the people who are very much involved with the Net have very narrow views toward life and the world. They're always in their rooms and don't go out very often to communicate in person. Because of their information on the Net, they feel they know everything without searching the real truths. They easily and anonymously say things that they would never say in person. Their messages are like graffiti in a public toilet. They attack other while they are staying in a safe place."

Hideaki Anno

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)