The Escapist: The Rise and Fall of Troika

Morgoth

"must admit I have trouble keeping up with your mood swings, Volo."

Why? How is  it confusing? My feelings about KOTOR2 has NEVER changed; and my reasons for my 'change of heart' in regards to NWN2 should be quite clear by now.

R00fles!

And, yeah, both KOTOR2 and NWN2 are successes sales wise. That isn't shocking. Sequels to already successful games tend to do that.

D0uble R00fles!

u must have many personalities, more than hades! first yo say a game is good, later on you say it not so good. make up ur mind buddy. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"must admit I have trouble keeping up with your mood swings, Volo."

Why? How is  it confusing? My feelings about KOTOR2 has NEVER changed; and my reasons for my 'change of heart' in regards to NWN2 should be quite clear by now.

R00fles!

As difficult as it might be to read, Volo, I haven't read one post in your NwN2 topic. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"True. If Troika/Activision only expected 50k sales (unlikely) with Bloodlines, then you could easily argue it was a success."

Yup. It's too bad certain people cliam that JE was a failure despite both MS and BIO stating otherwise. You'd think they'd know how many copies they figured they'd sell. R00fles!

"must have many personalities, more than hades! first yo say a game is good, later on you say it not so good. make up ur mind buddy."

My mind hans't changed. At all. My opinion has been rather consistent. The game has changed. R00fles!

"As difficult as it might be to read, Volo, I haven't read one post in your NwN2 topic."

Rumours, myths, and innuendo!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yup. It's too bad certain people cliam that JE was a failure despite both MS and BIO stating otherwise. You'd think they'd know how many copies they figured they'd sell. R00fles!

They made suppositions about what they'd expect.

Few companies come straight out and say games are failures, so it's not unreasonable to take what Microsoft and Bioware said with some skepticism. As an aside, give it a rest. You've made your point. The main topic discussing it has long since past.

Not until you guys either bring prove that MS and BIO are lying, admit you are wrong, or let the issue die. Afterall, it takes more than one to keep topics going.

R00fles!

I don't really care if the game is a failure or a success. If its fun then it is a good game. JE is the best console game I have played. I doubt the PC version will be better than NWN2 or Fallout but it should still be a good game.

Also, just to note, failed games don't often get ported to other platforms.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Afterall, it takes more than one to keep topics going

Not really. You just suddenly brought it back up. I made no comment about Jade Empire, but you felt it prudent to bring it up again. I suspect you'll continue to do so, regardless of whether or not other people respond to you.

Why do you care so much?

Also, just to note, failed games don't often get ported to other platforms

It depends, since a big advantage of the XBOX was easy portability to the PC. I have no idea how much the cost is to port it, but I imagine it's cheaper than other consoles.

Edited by alanschu

"Not really. You just suddenly brought it back up. I made no comment about Jade Empire, but you felt it prudent to bring it up again. I suspect you'll continue to do so, regardless of whether or not other people respond to you"

If you can't see the connection between what you wrote about Troika/Activision's possible expecations with BL along with how hypocritical of you to try to whitewash BIO/MS's expecations for JE then you ar ehaving a ahrd time connecting dots.

You wrote, IIRC, the following: "True. If Troika/Activision only expected 50k sales (unlikely) with Bloodlines, then you could easily argue it was a success."

Clear cut connection. Just because you didn't write JE in flashy colours doesn't mena there is no connection.

Also, if you ntoiced, I hadn't brough tup JE since like page 12. I will costantly use it whenever it is RELEVANT to what I am replying to.

"Why do you care so much?"

Why do you, Grom, and others care so much? It seems you despertaely need to prove that JE was a failure. That must expalin why that thread wa sso long and you still are going on about how much a fialure it is yet depsite your BL 'expecations' remark. *shrug*

Raven: R00fles!

Sand: Sand wins. =]

I think another point to bear in mind is that VtM could have established a new franchise success line. Sequels, like repeat customers, are commercially very very tasty. I know I'd buy a sequel of it. However, as I may have already said, I have played without encountering one single solitary bug, even without any patches (I forgot to install them)!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, I'd buy a sequel despite my complaints. I did enjoy BL, overall. Espicially B00BIES!!! =]

Of course, we're likely in the minority which is why a sequel is not being made.

If you can't see the connection between what you wrote about Troika/Activision's possible expecations with BL along with how hypocritical of you to try to whitewash BIO/MS's expecations for JE then you ar ehaving a ahrd time connecting dots.

You wrote, IIRC, the following: "True. If Troika/Activision only expected 50k sales (unlikely) with Bloodlines, then you could easily argue it was a success."

Clear cut connection. Just because you didn't write JE in flashy colours doesn't mena there is no connection.

Also, if you ntoiced, I hadn't brough tup JE since like page 12. I will costantly use it whenever it is RELEVANT to what I am replying to.

You're just reading into it what you want to see.

My statement standing alone still works, that if Troika/Activision only expected 50k sales, then they would consider it a success.

The same goes for Bioware. If their expectations of Jade Empire are any number less than the actual sales, then Jade Empire would be a success in their eyes.

Why do you, Grom, and others care so much? It seems you despertaely need to prove that JE was a failure. That must expalin why that thread wa sso long and you still are going on about how much a fialure it is yet depsite your BL 'expecations' remark. *shrug*

What are you talking about? I haven't mentioned Jade Empire since that thread. Just because you want to make the connection doesn't mean I was trying to. I don't desperately need to prove anything about Jade Empire's success. It was a dead issue months ago, and as such, I've not bothered to bring it up again since I as a customer have said all there is to say about it.

The only reason why a "connection" exists is because you sought out one.

Yes, mommy. =]

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

*runs and hides from the spiked baseball bat of Darqueness!*

In all seriousness who cares what Bioware or Microsoft says about Jade Empire. As consumers it is not our business to know or even care if they consider a game a success or not. The game is either fun or not fun, that is really our only true concern. If a game is fun, then play it. If not, ditch it and find a game that is fun to play. Let those who are in the business side of gaming worry about the business side. Lets just stick to playing what is fun.

Edited by Sand

I would have only bought a sequal that included Malkavians. They are the selling point of that game for me. More games need random craziness.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't think a sequel will be possible with the setting is dead. If we get a new Vampire game it will be the new WoD.

No MMO. MMOs are bad. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

EVIL MMOs! EVIL I TELL YOU! =]