New Mass Effect Footage

Llyranor

But that didn't have as much to do with the creation of the character as it had to do with the attention to detail and the singular vision of the gameworld. After so many years, the only differences I noticed between my characters was the ability of some to say more witty things than others. I cannot remember the names of any Fallout character I've made (whereas I can name many of my NWN2 or BG characters). When I play Fallout, it's not to replay the game with a new, unique character and experience it from a different angle. By now I've explored everything the game has to offer. I play it now just to revisit the rich setting, and the character couldn't matter less. I don't remember facing the Master in the context of "Vault Dweller vs. The Master", I remember it as "The Master". The consequences of the PC's choices were more interesting than the PC himself.

All I'm really asking from Bethesda at this point is not to butcher the setting, and at this point I think it remains to be seen whether that's a sure thing. I'm not that interested in playing a Fallout game that's centered on Bioware-esque character development of the PC, and admittedly that's not something I think Bethesda can do well anyway. I'm way past expecting Van Buren from them. I think they can pull off making The Glow, a place that's light on character interaction but heavy as **** on atmosphere and danger. And I think that from a first person perspective, with the Gamebryo engine, that could very well be an awesome experience (and with my HDTV and 5.1 system, a 360 port of the game, it'll be better). But I'm skeptical of Bethesda's ability to create interesting NPCs and, more to the point, craft interesting interactions with them. At the very least I expect the game to look amazing, and create at least a few experiences that will be sensually satisfying. As far as the RPG elements go, I'm not expecting old Fallout quality, but I expect something better than Final Fantasy. I'm going to play it, and I'll probably enjoy it, regardless of how it isn't Fallout 1 or 2.

*edit - and I'm way off topic. Regardless, the new interview shed some light on things I was wondering about Mass Effect, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by Pop

:brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"