New Mass Effect Footage

Llyranor

ME was already scheduled to have downloadable content. This also isn't new for BIO games since NWN1 has had downloadable content for years. They're called premium modules. R00fles!

And, yeah, ME looks awesome. Outside of some dialogue system issues; I epxect ME to be way better than either KOTOR.

P.S. Great interview, btw. The role-playing sounds pretty darns weet. Better than any piece of crap KOTOR game. That's for sure.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Stop being an ass. Since the graphics are the only thing we can definitively comment on, Karka's contribution and opinion is valid and constructive.

I am sure this will be better than Darkstar One, ergo: Darkstar 2 has to have atleast the quality of ME.

Race is so good for game developement :thumbsup:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

The only thing I really care about in a CRPG is the dialog system, rules system, and story. So far I hate the dialog system.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The only thing I really care about in a CRPG is the dialog system, rules system, and story.  So far I hate the dialog system.

Well, its about roleplay, and you don't create a char from scratch, you get a fully evolved human mind.

You still have more options to chose from, and he (main char) does them in his own way. :thumbsup:(damn i like his bully 'commando speech')

IB1OsQq.png

Well, that is another mark against the game. I like to play my character, not the designers'.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, that is another mark against the game.  I like to play my character, not the designers'.

Then you've hated every game ever made in the past ten years?

You must hate NWN and NWN2 and KotOR and Morrowind and Fallout and Fallout 2...? I mean these are all games that have provided you with a backstory, so in effect you're playing a "designer's" character. :thumbsup:"

No, back story is different from being forced to have a premade character.

It does not look any functionally or spiritually different than either KOTORs dialog systems in this respect. If your complaint is not being able to pick a class at character creation, that's another.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't like single word dialog. It looks and feels artificial. Also, in game mechanics, I like to make a game character mine. I choose what he or she looks like, what skills he or she has, and more often than not what starting equipment. Those are very important things for me in a CRPG.

No, back story is different from being forced to have a premade character.

Well, you had the possibility to click on what your char says in all of these games, and that was always precreated by the developers, in this game its a short description of what he will do/say, but its still the developers made the decision HOW he does that! :D

IB1OsQq.png

I don't like single word dialog.  It looks and feels artificial.  Also, in game mechanics, I like to make a game character mine.  I choose what he or she looks like, what skills he or she has, and more often than not what starting equipment.  Those are very important things for me in a CRPG.

So, we need to change your previous statement to rules system, story, dialog, and character customization.

Otherwise, it's settled. Sand doesn't like ME.

(I don't either, but there's no cause for me to argue with those that do)

"Well, its about roleplay, and you don't create a char from scratch,"

Sure you do. It's not a pre made character. It gives one part of the character's background - he/she is a Commander. Everything else is pretty much up to you including a background. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Well, its about roleplay, and you don't create a char from scratch,"

Sure you do. It's not a pre made character.  It gives one part of the character's background - he/she is a Commander. Everything else is pretty much up to you including a background. R00fles!

Thats called flexibility, but it is still premade.

IB1OsQq.png

Precreated characters are usual in RPG-s and adventure games ( I always say these two are the sides of the same coin), just like in PS:T

That is one aspect of PST I hated, and why it is number two instead of number one.

Edited by Sand

I say premade charates allow the developers to focus more on the storyline, and the actions those characters would take in some events.

You can get a lot more into the character, and feel the way he feels if the character is already evolved and ready to go into action.

You have a fully done character also in adventure games, I guess you don't play any of them. If not, you're missing out something great.

IB1OsQq.png

If I cannot make my own character I feel no connection to him or her. If there is no connection there is no immersion and that is a moderate factor for me.

Did I see someone claim immersion?

SHENANIGANS!

Never once seen an open ended game accomplish the emotion conveyed in a railroading game. RPG or anything else. Stories are able to catch the audience in an emotional sense by using a pre-defined character the player has a chance to identify with easier than they can by trying to account for multiple player-defined characters that the player probably isn't even trying to identify with emotionally, only superficially.

Edited by Tale

Fallout 1 and 2 did a pretty good job of it.

Edited by Sand