50 Reasons Why NWN1 is better than NWN2

Riftworm

48 of these seem nitpicky and just wrong.

I'm playing NWN1 right now, so this is all fresh in my mind.

I do agree with two of these though.

Monsters... there... could be a few more.

But as I recall NWN didn't have that many until later with expansion packs.

Feat submenus.

OMG yes. This would have been nice. :(

Beyond those two... you're kidding... right? :huh:

1, 8, 14, 21, 31, 37, 38, 42, 45 and 50 seem "nitpicky"? LOL!

Those are game enders lol..

I had no problem with load times, the only time being unable to attack a non-hostile bothered me was with the dryad, I thought combat was way better than NWN1, mostly due to the superior animations, I didn't even realize that there was no underwear because my characters are always wearing armor, 42 is very nitpicky. You do have a point with 45 though. Performance is bad. Though I'm hearing they fixed that in 1.03.

So far out of all of those, I agree with 3, 11, 17, 45. And 17 is only bad because NWN1 had such horrible voice sets. I find the recycled music isn't that bad, as adding it to the new beautiful environments adds so much to the music.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

For modding. It's a huge feature that was removed from building cave and cavern systems. As Soulthief said "it's why cave boss encounters in the NWN2 OC seem less 'grandiose' than in NWN1".

Yeah, because an extra inch makes all the difference. :(

Inch?! You didn't mod did you? you could build full on mountains underground, remember LOTR mods? Remember 9 layers scenarios? You had to ascend to the top of a giant throne that took five minutes and you knew you were going somewhere important. Now it's just "oh, theres the boss, right next to everyone else..*yawn*"

NWN1 OC was good. Just as good as NWN2 OC mainly because you aren't forced to party with such annoying npcs like Neeshka.

Can't you just dump her? Or did you more mean 'if you want a rouge'?

She's with you at the start. I don't think there are any other parts of the game where you *need* her though.

There are some places where you need Bishop (for tracking), and Sand (investigating the trial) and so on, as well as other NPCs. But for the most part, you can just keep them dumped at the inn/stronghold.

But you can't dump Neeshka until you get to Neverwinter.

For modding. It's a huge feature that was removed from building cave and cavern systems. As Soulthief said "it's why cave boss encounters in the NWN2 OC seem less 'grandiose' than in NWN1".

Yeah, because an extra inch makes all the difference. :(

Inch?! You didn't mod did you? you could build full on mountains underground, remember LOTR mods? Remember 9 layers scenarios? You had to ascend to the top of a giant throne that took five minutes and you knew you were going somewhere important. Now it's just "oh, theres the boss, right next to everyone else..*yawn*"

Yes. It

NWN1 OC was good. Just as good as NWN2 OC mainly because you aren't forced to party with such annoying npcs like Neeshka.

Neeshka was awesome and you know it. :(

Say otherwise again, and I'll have to crush your logic with a well placed "LOL"

:huh:

Neeshka: Best NPC Ever :huh:

*Other than Imoen, Bastila, Dak'kon, Morte, Jaheria, HK-47 and several others of course. :ph34r:

Yeah, because an extra inch makes all the difference. :huh:

Yes. It

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes. It

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes. It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

On the plus side, I was able to put the Dragon up on top of a mountain with cool looking crevices and peaks making a winding trail up the side of a mountain, complete with molten lava.

Sure, I guess it sucks that you can't make big giant mountains with 45 degree ramps on them underground. On the plus side, outside you actually CAN make a mountain, with smooth rolling slopes to boot! Nice rolling hills, with no silly looking 45 degree ramps on them. Oerwinde made a cool town with a Castle up on top of a cliff with a road going up to it, overlooking the town just below.

Oh noes yeah NWN2 Lolz sucks roflmao! (w00t)

Seriously, I can't understand how I managed to read all that. NWN1 sucked for a long time, it was the community that made the game great. OC was horrible, so was SoU. HotU was good, but not that good. What makes NWN1 one of my favorite games are awesome mods (and scripts and tilesets and musics and sounds and models and animations and... :huh:) COMMUNITY made.

NWN2 is great already

edit: And seriously, whining about toolset. Its not developers fault you don't know how to use it.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Anyways for me personally. If Obsidian somehow managed to solve 1, 2 , 4 , 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 31, 37, and 42 over time, i'd probably give this game a 10/10 and you couldnt pay me to walk away from the game.

EDIT: Add 21 to this list. Because it's seriously flawed.

Edited by Riftworm