The Lighthouse of Democracy In the World: Sweden!

mkreku

the more homogeneous your culture/society is, the easier it is to have democracy work smooth.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah, related, of course, but definitely not requirements of one another. pure democracy would be horrible. pure "good government" requires a level of altruism (or maybe logic) i don't think humans are capable of.

i think gromnir is right, btw. it is much easier to pull off when everyone thinks similarly.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

yeah, related, of course, but definitely not requirements of one another.  pure democracy would be horrible.  pure "good government" requires a level of altruism (or maybe logic) i don't think humans are capable of.

i think gromnir is right, btw.  it is much easier to pull off when everyone thinks similarly.

taks

...and when there's only a relative few of them.

of course, i still do not understand how an oppressive taxing scheme is not considered an infringement on civil liberties while tapping phone lines of suspected terrorists is...  personally, BOTH should be given weight (though not necessarily equally) as the former really does amount to robbing peter to pay for paul.

So, uh, that wasn't joke? :p

Which bit didn't you understand? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Seriously thinking "oppressive taxing scheme" and tapping phone lines as equal deeds. :crazy:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)