Video Card Issues

Dark_Raven

With NWN2 being out and playing it I forgot about a problem I am having with my new video card (GeForce 7800 GS OC). It affects one game so far and that is Bloodlines. My character walks around and I take my hand off the key so they should stop but they keep going a little bit than stops like there is a delay between what the keyboard is doing and what shows up on the monitor. I never had this problem until I had this new card installed.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Could you provide a more detailed system spec DR? As well, have you tried trouble shooting the kb with another .... you never know :? No issues in device manager? In safe mode in device manager? Is the issue repeatable?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

When I had my old ATI 9500 card it played fine. Now I have this new one, I get this little issue. Seems to be the only game its happening to.

The important specs

Pentium 3.0

1.5G RAM

BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC 8x AGP, 256MB GDDR3 video card.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It could be a driver issue. Have you installed the latest drivers?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The response lag could well be just Bloodlines being a mess in terms of code.

Does it happen with mouse clicks or any other buttons? Or is everytihng else except movement responsive? Is your FPS good? (over 20)

If so, probably not much else to be done.

I installed a new (at the time) ATI video card once and it prevented Diablo 2 from logging on to Battle.net, of all things. Gave up after a couple weeks and put the old card back in. Yay, back online.

So yeah, video drivers can affect more than just video.

You think that's bad, my ex-girlfriend dumped me for my ATi card after I caught the two of them in bed together.

I walk in and here I am thinking it's my best friend but no, she's screaming at the top of her lungs "OH BABY PUSH THOSE POLYGONS!"

Bastard.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP