NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

I don't know how many people here tend to sell everything they find to one merchant, but I was doing it for awhile and found out something interesting. Merchants have a fixed pool of gold, so they can only buy so many things from you before they run out of money. If you never purchase from them, sooner or later you may not be able to sell to them either. It's a small bit of added realism, but nice nonetheless.

I ran into that a couple times. Ended up getting into the hundreds of thousands of gold before he stopped selling to me. I ended up just buying some of his better stuff and then continued selling. :)

branded the evil capitalist that i am. :)

of course, in the end, the treachery angle would be they'd try to steal my gold for themselves. hypocrites. hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Taks is corect about the levelling. It's quick (about the same as NWN1) comapred to pnp; but it's fine for a computer game. I'm level 12, and 300xp from level 13 right now. No major complaints there thoguh I'm surprised certain tohers ahven't made a stink about it.

As for merchants, it's cool. I've had one stop buying from me. Otherwise, no problems. :)

There's a lot of shopkeepers in the game anyways so you shouldn't have much of a problemfinding someone to buy your goods espciially fi they reset.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just wanted to add that I notice portraits are a bit different from in-game modeling. For example, Captain Brelaina looks stern in her portrait, but serious and very attractive in the game (it was a joy working for her :) ). Elanee's portrait makes her head look more stretched than it really is. The portraits look nice enough, just not totally accurate. Maybe snapshots from earlier development.

Edit:

The experience tables cause experience to drop off as you gain levels, so after awhile you will 'stabilize', and bosses and quests will provide the majority of your character's experience income, while all the stock enemies provide little to no experience.

Edited by Wistrik

I don't like the fast leveling or the no permadeath but I have realized that no matter how much I complain about it it is futile to do so.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't like the fast leveling or the no permadeath but I have realized that no matter how much I complain about it it is futile to do so.

You could change the main module with the toolset if you so desired them so much...

But really, we all know that you kill less enemies in PnP, and permadeath would effect sales.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

No, it wouldn't. There is no factual evidence to back up that claim. None whatsoever.

I have to agree...at least, I want to agree.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

No, it wouldn't. There is no factual evidence to back up that claim. None whatsoever.

Depends if I understood permadeath correctly, that means no save game unless you're leaving, quitting out of the game.

If you mean when a character is dead, they're dead akin to BG/BG2 then that's kinda different in my view.

The first WOULD effect sales, the second would not.

You would actually be alienating a certain player demographic.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"Depends if I understood permadeath correctly, that means no save game unless you're leaving, quitting out of the game."

Oh. That's different. that would definitely effect sales. Heck, I'd think twice if agme had that as the *only* way to handle death. Computers are too usntable.

When I think perma death; I think more in lines of BG or FO - you die; you die. Reload is your option.

But, die and have to restart? Yup. That would hurt sales most definitely. Games aren't really made for that in mind.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is there any recent CRPG that does that? :dancing:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I thought so. :dancing:

"Depends if I understood permadeath correctly, that means no save game unless you're leaving, quitting out of the game."

Oh. That's different. that would definitely effect sales. Heck, I'd think twice if agme had that as the *only* way to handle death. Computers are too usntable.

When I think perma death; I think more in lines of BG or FO - you die; you die. Reload is your option.

But, die and have to restart? Yup. That would hurt sales most definitely. Games aren't really made for that in mind.

I can think of a few games that had that manner of permadeath, but not in recent times...

As for the other method I agree, it should be in, but I wouldn't call that permadeath, that's just death... But you can argue about specifics till the sun comes down, it won't change how I saw things.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

Is there any recent CRPG that does that?  :huh:

Diablo II in hardcore.

Never played it.

BG wasn't permadeath, resurrection was easy and it was possible for as long as the member was still in your party.

Fallout had the *real* permadeath.

I'd probably prefer BG's one, except in FO you don't much care if your buddies die, and that was intended.

BG wasn't permadeath, resurrection was easy and it was possible for as long as the member was still in your party.

Fallout had the *real* permadeath.

I'd probably prefer BG's one, except in FO you don't much care if your buddies die, and that was intended.

BG depended on what difficulty level you had the game on. IIRC the two highest difficulty levels had perma death where if you got below -10HP it wouldn't let you raise the character.

"we're not making a game just for you and ten other angry guys with tastes that are narrower than a hallway in a camp of pygmy dwarves."

- Josh Sawyer, apparently.

If Sawyer really said what it says in your sig, Sawyer > U ALL! That's quality! HAHAHA!

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg