First Dragon Age infos revealed!

Morgoth

JE 's alignment system wasn't perfect; but it sure beats anything else done by BIO (or BIS, or Troika, or Bethesda, or Obsidian) except possibly the FOs.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought that PST had a pretty good alignment system. Obviously it was pretty much the same as any other DND system but the distribution of law, chaos, good and evil points made a lot of sense, so I think it implemented it quite well.

The Fallout alignment system was not well implemented. It was very easy to accumulate lots of good karma, however accumulating bad karma was very difficult.

It's not that PST or NWN or any other D&D alignment system is bad per se. It isn't. I'ma defender of it. However, I think the argument her eis the good vs. evil aspect. In JE, it's not (well.. not meant to be) so black and white (though it wans't always a success in thatr egard either). A good attempt at not making it so black and white. perhaps JE2 will accomplish its goal. :joy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

However, I think the argument her eis the good vs. evil aspect. In JE, it's not (well.. not meant to be) so black and white (though it wans't always a success in thatr egard either). A good attempt at not making it so black and white. perhaps JE2 will accomplish its goal. :joy:

Uh, can you give me one example where closed fist isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The Fallout alignment system was not well implemented. It was very easy to accumulate lots of good karma, however accumulating bad karma was very difficult.

Why should it be easy to veer towards a negative side? Different systems have different scenarios for alignment. Torment made it woefully easy to go from Neutral to Good to Evil in one single playthrough without me even trying hard. Fallout simply made it so it wasn't as easy to become evil but when you did, it was hard getting out of that role. And joining Slavers, going on Slaver runs, killing the Slags for Modoc or becoming a Childkiller were especially effective in awarding bad karma amounts.

everybody "gets" good v. evil. perhaps developers not seem to wanna challenge people too much with a reputation system that woulds allow for a complex faction alignment dynamic, but we wish that somebody would give it a shot... maybe add to a game that already has craptacular good v. evil so that Average Gamer need not be spooked too much by something new.

sadly, a d&d game probably ain't gonna be the game in which you see what Gromnir is looking for. sure, d&d alignment not prohibit faction alliances, but once you go through effort of implementing a wotc approved system of good v. evil, you probably not wanna deal with trying to gets something more complex ok'd.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Paladins are Good, Nightelves are Evil, and Dwarfes are funny! That's all I need to know to embark a D&D journey!

HA! Good Fun!

that is maybe why ps:t were loved by some, and failed with so many others.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Paladins are Good, Nightelves are Evil, and Dwarfes are funny! That's all I need to know to embark a D&D journey!

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

Nah, it failed because games are meant to be played not read.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

Typical complaint of the common low IQ and/or attention deficit PST basher.

Edited by roshan

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

awesome!

Also, it failed because the cover was a big blue ugly bastard. Totally gross.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

awesome!

Also, it failed because the cover was a big blue ugly bastard. Totally gross.

Yeah. If TNO didnt have the sexy scent of formaldehyde about him, then there was no way Annah would have gone for him.

That would be BG2.  :aiee:

Yes, the pinnacle of computer role playing is a game where alignment, class choice and race had 0 impact on dialogue. :thumbsup:

You are kidding yourself.

No no the pinnacle is obviosuly a game where an npc was given 6 panels to talk about his farts. >_<

quality!

That would be BG2.  :aiee:

Yes, the pinnacle of computer role playing is a game where alignment, class choice and race had 0 impact on dialogue. :thumbsup:

You are kidding yourself.

No no the pinnacle is obviosuly a game where an npc was given 6 panels to talk about his farts. >_<

quality!

Farts? Would have fit right in with Minscs butt obsession.

Are you sure you arent having memories of BG2?

Edited by roshan