NWN2: Major disappointment - Character creation

Riftworm

Then again that is 2D... compare the size of a Fallout PC compared to a NWN2 PC on the screen

@Hades;

OE's little pride; Bugs bug.gif

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well, download the patch then. Its available on the update server. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Obsidian will host the Critical Rebuilds on this site. *hint hint*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

How your character looks is like .1% of character creation. To me, it's irrelevant.

1%? So by your standards they could be a 6 pixel box running around looking like Pacman?

I think that's what he's saying. At 1% he would'nt mind if they were a black splotch nevermind a distinguishable humanoid.

Having doodled aroun in the toolset for 2 weeks and seeing every head I cant say I agree. Sure, the elves are ugly but theyre supposed to be if you look in the 3.5 manual. The lack of any proper length female hair is a slight concern but not huge.

I've been doodling too, and he has a point, they all have blank looking stares and flat featureless faces.

<_<

Edited by Guest
soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

"Well; maybe one may care how he looks like. Do you pick the ugliest possible look for yourself and then stare at it for 40 hours for fun?"

I pick whichever random one I feel lik eit. I never strees too much over that aspect. Sorry to dissapoint.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was just thinking of something, a lot of stores in the US havent even recieved their copies from the distributors yet but things are running smoothly in Israel to the point of alot of people getting early copies?!!

I mean, are ATARi going for the middle-east? I wonder if EB Games in Beirut have theirs yet? :rolleyes:)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow, when I read this thread on the Bio boards I thought 'what a bunch of losers caring about such an anal part of an RPG'.

I certainly didn't expect it to be worse here :rolleyes:

Maybe this time, instead of extra faces or some garbage like that, the GAME will be good. Imagine that!

Its Israel's way of getting back at the US for Mel Gibson. Hell, his country of origin has to wait til Nov. 16 for his transgressions against the Israelis.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Wow, when I read this thread on the Bio boards I thought 'what a bunch of losers caring about such an anal part of an RPG'.

Well; sry; but some people do care in a RPG where the char does NOT take up 1/50th of the screen, but 1/3rd (plus gets zoomed in during cutscenes; instead standing there with text on the foreground)!

Evolution of games makes new player wishes... and if you can't make up for them; don't make such a game (see Combat Animations)!

Maybe this time, instead of extra faces or some garbage like that, the GAME will be good. Imagine that!

Yeah; like Kotor2 :rolleyes:"

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I certainly didn't expect it to be worse here :rolleyes:

How about just faces that look less like crash test dummies? Imagine that!

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

Who gives a crap?

Listen to yourselves, your carrying on about some cosmetic trash. WHAT ABOUT THE GAME?

Did any of you actually ask the first poster what the game is like? Do any of you care? or is having lovely blue eyes, perhaps a nice filigree necklace more important? No wonder the RPG scene has been going to hell in a handbasket for years.

My apologies to anyone here who actually didn't start crying about this inane thing during this thread.

Edited by Girias_Solo

What?!?! :rolleyes:

Graphics is the only thing we can, at least I can, discuss about it because I haven't actually played the game yet. Also asking the OP about the gameplay of NWN 2 wouldn't be discussing the topic, the graphic avatars of our characters.

Stay on topic or the mods will lock the thread. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sand

it seems NWN2 can't even do what NWN1 could :thumbsup:

Quoted from the same thread at the Bio boards:

Actually in NWN1:

- Heads were just a single block, so no different face/hairstyle combinations.

- You couldn't set 2 colors for haristyles

- You couldn't set the eye color (only later in some custom made heads)

- You couldn't have hair accessories

You couldn't set the facial hair color

- Color selection was not guided following the subrace settings

Not to mentions how improved is the CC process in general (full subraces, accurate deity choice, character background...). And obviously the much better graphics.

I mean, expecting some more features is always legitimate, of course. but suggesting that CC in NWN1 was better is really not fair in any way.

Moreover, these were all features of the character creation process which were very well known long time ago. If someone is surprised, it's because he didn't look for much info before buying the game.

I think the dude has a very good point, and some of you doomsayers need to lighten up.

Good point, deganawida.

Who gives a crap?

Players :) Even some who don't care Quake 4 has 1.1x the poly's of Doom3 and rather play Wolfenstein 3D (cfr. me)

Listen to yourselves, your carrying on about some cosmetic trash. WHAT ABOUT THE GAME?

So the game is now without PC... eh... :thumbsup:

Sry... but this is part of the game. One important part too; since you are FORCED to stare at it during the ENTIRE GAME...

My apologies to anyone here who actually didn't start crying about this inane thing during this thread.

:'( :rolleyes:

^

Who gives a crap?

Players :) Even some who don't care Quake 4 has 1.1x the poly's of Doom3 and rather play Wolfenstein 3D (cfr. me)

So the game is now without PC... eh... :thumbsup:

Sry... but this is part of the game. One important part too; since you are FORCED to stare at it during the ENTIRE GAME...

:'( :rolleyes:

Why the hell do you even care? You've done nothing for months except attack Sawyer and NWN2. Hell, didn't you say you weren't even buying it?

Cause KOTOR2 had great potential... and I hoped they didn't screw up the same way with NWN2...

^

it seems NWN2 can't even do what NWN1 could :(

Quoted from the same thread at the Bio boards:

Actually in NWN1:

- Heads were just a single block, so no different face/hairstyle combinations.

- You couldn't set 2 colors for haristyles

- You couldn't set the eye color (only later in some custom made heads)

- You couldn't have hair accessories

You couldn't set the facial hair color

- Color selection was not guided following the subrace settings

Not to mentions how improved is the CC process in general (full subraces, accurate deity choice, character background...). And obviously the much better graphics.

I mean, expecting some more features is always legitimate, of course. but suggesting that CC in NWN1 was better is really not fair in any way.

Moreover, these were all features of the character creation process which were very well known long time ago. If someone is surprised, it's because he didn't look for much info before buying the game.

I think the dude has a very good point, and some of you doomsayers need to lighten up.

1. not quite true, it was one block, but those could have looked like 3 same faces with 3 different hairs

2. absolutely not true, had some characters with black hair and a silver lock, or even more possibilities

3. true

4. it depends on what you mean 'accessories'

5. that was actually better

6. much better graphs? maybe dogs look better or the goblins :huh:

And for the end: i did not originally mean only the graphs, you have less possibilities in modding (doh i admit WHAT it can do is easy to make with it)

the Hungarian Gamestar has already a copy...and I am not dancing around becouse what i have seen till now :o

(but think on it: a second part of a game should be more. more in story OR graphs or something, not less. What you can't do in NWN2 what you were able in NWN1 -not mentioning clothes, only char- are modifying weight, having tatoos...and having female/nice faces <_< )

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

If its off topic to comment about the game itself, fair enough. I take back that part of my post. As far as I could see, it is a titled post claiming that NWN2 sucks.

Honestly though, I did believe that a large part of the posters here didn't think that having an Oblivion face creator was the height of RPG goodness.

So far, we have one kid from Israel to go with about the character creation of NWN2. Hardly an authority to run with IMHO. So far we know that it has more options than NWN1. It doesn't have the 2D portraits. It has more options however, and because the first poster has a poor graphics card, this probably wouldn't help matters either in the face stakes. NWN1 did have 2 body types, and a very poor tattoo system. So far 'apparently' this NWN2 doesn't have either.

Whether this stops you buying the game, who can say.

I will bow out of this one though. If graphics of a characters head are the focus of the sadness in this one, I won't last long. :o

Edited by Girias_Solo

He's a troll becuase he thought KOTOR2 was a dissapointment and hopes NWN2 is better?

WOWSERS! :o

No, because for months he's attacked everything about NWN2 and gone after Sawyer a few times ('course, Josh went right back after him). He stated months ago that he wasn't getting the game, wasn't interested in it, so that means he's just here to expunge some adolescent rage at his disappointment in KotOR2. That makes him a troll in my book.

It is just one minor aspect so I won't condemn the game on it. :o I just wish I can get my hands on the game today without using D2D.

It is just one minor aspect so I won't condemn the game on it.  :o  I just wish I can get my hands on the game today without using D2D.

If you know what i ussually write, and in what style, you know that i am quite an 'Ultra-optimist', my negative reaction should now show HOW much I am disappointed :'(

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png