iPods suck.

Oerwinde

iPods suck.

Quoted for truth!

I'm currently on my second one, which broke just the other day, 'conveniently' the day after my warranty ran out. It still plays music, which is all i use it for, but it freezes every now and again.

Hate iPods, yet I can't stand not listening to my music and love the design etc.

The design is the whole reason they're popular. They aren't easy to use, and I'm not a huge fan of the interface, but you can't deny they're stylish.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

'Aren't easy to use'?  Just how difficult is it to use one?  :geek:

My iPod so far is working just fine.  I am bitter, though.  About a month after I get my 2G iPod Nano, Apple comes out with the new line of iPods with all the fancy new features.  <_<  It's a cruel world.

Well, I guess its not hard to use one, but its definitely not the easiest. I mean the MP3 player I have now I just drag and drop things from windows explorer. Thats a lot easier than going through iTunes. I'm also not a big fan of the wheel. I'd rather have some buttons.

Mainly I just hate iTunes.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

We actually have 3 Creative Muvo players. Why are there so few flash players that have the intergrated USB adaptor? I mean it's not like we really need another USB cord, especially when they all have different connectors. :geek:

That was the coolest part of that NoMad. Man, I felt like James Bond when I slipped off the plastic cover and BAM! - USB capable! That was slicker and more stylish than a thousand white earbuds. :cool:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

On the topic of non-ipod mp3/video players:

I got myself a Samsung YP-T8, which is a 1 gig flash drive that plays vids and the usual music files. It has great battery, slick design, and is pretty user friendly. My only complaints are that it doesn't play Ogg Vorbis files quite right and it doesn't play the FLAC format...but those are no big deal really. So if your in the market for another mp3 player....I highly recommend the Samsung version

Edited by the dude

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

'Aren't easy to use'?  Just how difficult is it to use one?  :lol:

My iPod so far is working just fine.  I am bitter, though.  About a month after I get my 2G iPod Nano, Apple comes out with the new line of iPods with all the fancy new features.  <_<  It's a cruel world.

Well, I guess its not hard to use one, but its definitely not the easiest. I mean the MP3 player I have now I just drag and drop things from windows explorer. Thats a lot easier than going through iTunes. I'm also not a big fan of the wheel. I'd rather have some buttons.

Mainly I just hate iTunes.

I've always found my iPod and iTunes really easy to use. For me it's always just drag and drop. Transferring music from CD's is a cinch, and all I have to do is select songs from my iTunes playlist and drop them into my iPod. Maybe my having a Mac makes it different, but so far I have yet to have any problems using either.

There are some effective ways to convert video to ipod-friendly format. I'm looking up some now. *EDIT* - There's this, but I don't know if it's reliable. You're likely to run into a problem or two with sound. Might want to, ahem, check bittorrent for better deals. Maybe on, I don't know, xilsoft.

I like my ipod (I've got the black 30gb, heh) but there are a few reasons why I'm not a big Apple fan. A. The battery is the most terrible problem ever to be brought up numerous times and never addressed adequately in the history of time, and B. The reality distortion field. For those not acquainted with the concept, the reality distortion field is the combination of relentless corporate hype and "outsider" mentality that Apple employs, and those under its sway believe everything Apple ever does is hot **** in a champagne glass. Hence we have a useless, universally celebrated waste of air like the Nano, which doesn't continue the great advancements in utility that ipods are known for with their successive ipod generations, but goes much farther in the hip factor. Despite the fact that minis held more, were more durable and weren't inconvenient when it came to size, nanos were better because they were, like, sleek. In many tech forums, pointing this out is blasphemy.

All that having been said, I like the new 30 gbs, but like any monolithic corporate entity, Apple is preoccupied with restricting the utility of their products in such a way that they can maximize what they make out of it. Hence we have the **** video selection and the restrictiveness of taking music off of an ipod.

Also, certainly the first iPods (not sure about later incarnations) you could load Linux onto, which would allow for direct manipulation of the contents as a mounted drive for your PC, and no need to use iTunes to copy songs / videos back and forth. You could even use the iPod as just another external harddrive. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

THe fact that you can't do load whatever you want into it, right out of the box, means I will never even touch an Ipod.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've always found my iPod and iTunes really easy to use.  For me it's always just drag and drop.  Transferring music from CD's is a cinch, and all I have to do is select songs from my iTunes playlist and drop them into my iPod.  Maybe my having a Mac makes it different, but so far I have yet to have any problems using either.

My girlfriend had a Mac and loved iTunes, then she got a PC and downloaded iTunes for windows and hates it. So it could possibly be that.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't know if ipod's suck or not, but if any of you were having trouble, here is a step-by-step guide to putting dvds on your ipod. It may or may not work, and as the site says, it is illegal to use one of the programs needed in certain states. I am also not sure if one cannot use the same process for things like what Oerwinde was talking about.

Edited by Blank