KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Lol, blowing up planets! Sounds mischievous. Its true, if you are suppost to be responsible for the death of a planet, well, be the one respossible for the death of a planet. Lets give you a planet to blow up so you can proudly say "Yes, I am the one that blew that planet to smithereens."

--

There was some of you talking about lightsabers haking off body parts. I say yes but in the SW style of no blood and black where the guts should be. The reason? I get tired of seeing my high lvl saber weilding char throwing his lightsaber around like some wooden stick. I mean the lightsaber is cool not just because it glows. It is a symbol of a weapon that has REAL destructive power over and above a wooden pole. Lets see that difference! Lets give ppl a reason to say "Oh @^$#, he got a lightsaber!"

--

There was another comment on starting K3 in an academy. I say yes. When we first pickup the raines of a jedi we are clueless about how to make him weild the force. I see no reason our char would not be in the same conundrum. About the same time our char starts to look like he is a jedi, you can be too.

--

Yet another comment was made about having Revan and the Exile in K3. HOLD IT! I am sure you all have your Revans and Exiles worked out. I am sure he (or she) rocks. but we don't all play the game the same way. K2 had a very tough act to follow. With two outcomes the galaxy could be in eather of two very different situations. Some of you like to say Obsidian did a bad job with K2. But the real trouble started at the end of K1. Now by the end of K2 we have an even worse situataion. How many of you would like to find out that Revan went to the light or dark side after you set set him or her free at the end of K1? Or that he (or she) didn't hold up to the ideas *cough, cough* you set for him (or her) and went gray?

If these char are used you will always be a heartbeat away from trouble. So watch what you ask for. I above all elss don't cut them down by having them forget how they did all that stuff and are now lvl 5 Jedi!!

--

:D Marry Christmas everyone! :joy: Its a time for joy! (w00t) laughter :* family :shifty::-:p and lots of smiles :D :) :D . Look even this guy has a smile -> :*

Edited by Watchman

Lol, blowing up planets! Sounds mischievous. Its true, if you are suppost to be responsible for the death of a planet, well, be the one respossible for the death of a planet. Lets give you a planet to blow up so you can proudly say "Yes, I am the one that blew that planet to smithereens."

--

There was some of you talking about lightsabers haking off body parts. I say yes but in the SW style of no blood and black where the guts should be. The reason? I get tired of seeing my high lvl saber weilding char throwing his lightsaber around like some wooden stick. I mean the lightsaber is cool not just because it glows. It is a symbol of a weapon that has REAL destructive power over and above a wooden pole. Lets see that difference! Lets give ppl a reason to say "Oh @^$#, he got a lightsaber!"

--

There was another comment on starting K3 in an academy. I say yes. When we first pickup the raines of a jedi we are clueless about how to make him weild the force. I see no reason our char would not be in the same conundrum. About the same time our char starts to look like he is a jedi, you can be too.

--

Yet another comment was made about having Revan and the Exile in K3. HOLD IT! I am sure you all have your Revans and Exiles worked out. I am sure he (or she) rocks. but we don't all play the game the same way. K2 had a very tough act to follow. With two outcomes the galaxy could be in eather of two very different situations. Some of you like to say Obsidian did a bad job with K2. But the real trouble started at the end of K1. Now by the end of K2 we have an even worse situataion. How many of you would like to find out that Revan went to the light or dark side after you set set him or her free at the end of K1? Or that he (or she) didn't hold up to the ideas *cough, cough* you set for him (or her) and went gray?

If these char are used you will always be a heartbeat away from trouble. So watch what you ask for. I above all elss don't cut them down by having them forget how they did all that stuff and are now lvl 5 Jedi!!

--

:D Marry Christmas everyone!  :joy: Its a time for joy!  (w00t) laughter  :*  family  :ninja:  :-  :(  and lots of smiles  :D  :)  :D . Look even this guy has a smile ->  :-

I totally agree with you. And the story thing is the reason why I think, that Obsidian should have made an isolated story without any prequels or sequels. Now, whoever is going to make KotOR III is in a pinch. Many players want to know what happened with Revan and the Exile in the unknown Regions...

(A lot of content was cut from KOTOR 2 as Lucasarts pushed the game out early, including Atton dying, and none of that cut content is considered cannon as a result. Check out the general discussion forum for KOTOR and look at the restoration project if you want more details about what was cut, and what those great people are attempting to restore.)

I've always assumed that a LS Exile would have gone off to help Revan, while a DS Exile would have gone after Revan as he/she would have been a threat. I'm guessing that KOTOR 3 would either ignore Revan and the exile, just settling for saying that they left known space. Or they will add a "Tell me about recent history" conversation at some point where you can pick if they were LS or DS or just ignore it and go for cannon-both LS, Male Revan, Female Exile. (I'm betting on the conversation).

I've always assumed that a LS Exile would have gone off to help Revan, while a DS Exile would have gone after Revan as he/she would have been a threat. I'm guessing that KOTOR 3 would either ignore Revan and the exile, just settling for saying that they left known space. Or they will add a "Tell me about recent history" conversation at some point where you can pick if they were LS or DS or just ignore it and go for cannon-both LS, Male Revan, Female Exile. (I'm betting on the conversation).

they could, indeed, just leave Revan and the Exile out of K3 saying they are doing something in the Unknown Regions....but that would come across as supercheap, I think.

It seems to me that Revan has to either 1) reappear as a coprotagonist, 2) die, or 3) get locked into some sort of freakish trap (that could serve as a plot device for other games).

K3 has to be about a pending invasion from the True Sith and has to have Revan as the key that unlocks the puzzle of the True Sith. That is the most satisfying way to finish this story, I believe.

If they wanted to be REALLY brave they could split the game into three parts, maybe four.

First part is you studying to become a Jedi, or maybe just proving yourself to the powers that be-ie the new Jedi council.

Part two is your first real mission-discover what happened to the Exile. This could end with you either finding them, or them getting in touch with you through a third party (Showing the exile could be a problem, since no one will agree what he/she looks like.

Part three is finding Revan, or following orders/directions from the Exile that again lead you to either meet Revan, or someone who can pass on their orders.

Part four, you fight the threat Revan was trying to stop...or join it depending on if your are LS or DS.

Of course this would make a huge game, and I'm betting LA isn't going to have the guts to even consider attempting anything this big....come one LucasArts, prove me wrong...

*Throws down gauntlet*

I think it would be pretty cool if, the very first part of the game is you fighting in the last battle of the Mandalorian War. You would be third in command under Revan and Malak. You fight till the end of the battle before a movie starts showing you being wounded and passing out. You would wake up sometime later in the presence of the Jedi Masters and they judge you and decide to strip all the power out of you. This would all be a flashback and you would come back to todays time, decide to either join Revan or destroy him, somehow get your power back, and then go find Revan. Its kinda far fetched but, I still think it would be cool. Also, I think Obsidian/who ever makes the next game should just make either Revan or the Exile male and the other one a female and have a character with a face for both. Less confusion this way, plus it makes it a whole lot easier.

Edited by schirminater

I think it would be pretty cool if, the very first part of the game is you fighting in the last battle of the Mandalorian War. You would be third in command under Revan and Malak. You fight till the end of the battle before a movie starts showing you being wounded and passing out. You would wake up  sometime later in the presence of the Jedi Masters and they judge you and decide to strip all the power out of you. This would all be a flashback and you would come back to todays time, decide to either join Revan or destroy him, somehow get your power back, and then go find Revan. Its kinda far fetched but, I still think it would be cool. Also, I think Obsidian/who ever makes the next game should just make either Revan or the Exile male and the other one a female and have a character with a face for both. Less confusion this way, plus it makes it a whole lot easier.

Isn't that basically K2 without the playable Mandy War flashback?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Isn't that basically K2 without the playable Mandy War flashback?

Yeah, I guess your right. I just think it would be cool if we could some how fight in the Mandalorian War.

That would be best to portray in an RTS I think

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Personally I'm tired of playing a character who faught in the Mandolorian wars. It's been done twice before and having yet another Jedi who faught in the war but who didn't follow Revan or get killed afterwards would bore me. Better I think to have a character who has no such history.

Again if they wanted to be brave and allow the developers to finish the game in their own time they could allow you to pick a backstory for the main player. Instead of letting you discover the players backstory you pick one from a list at character creation, ideas could be;

A former student who, like the Disiple, never finished training but maybe served with the Republic in another way-such as a soldier, diplomat or scout. While the beginning would have a touch of KOTOR about it it would be simple to do. As soon as the Jedi council reformed (assuming that it did, and it would be hard to have a game involving Jedi without one) you would know you could be trained, and could go off to seek them out.

The mainplayer is the offspring of a Jedi who left the order to get married. (Or a Sith who had a change of heart). When the character reached their 18th birthday they discover their heritage and decide to go off to find someone to train them. Instead of discovering your history the backstories might concentrate on you finding out who your parent was. They could still be alive but retired from the Jedi way, currently serving on a new Jedi council or *Drum roll* What if your parent was or is hinted to be either Revan or the exile?......It would give you an added incentive to discover what happened to both of them.

Or maybe you don't have a history as such, maybe you were just an average person in a dead end job when a visiting Jedi discovers you. You could start as a youngster getting training, a bit like Fable in which you see the character grow from a teenager to an adult before jetting off to find Revan.

In the first two cases the begining of the game could be about you trying to find someone to train you, maybe its finding the Jedi council or just someone who used to be a Jedi but retired...or of course you might find an ex-sith to train you instead. After all who said you have to be trained by a Jedi?

Edited by Darth Mortis

you are absolutely right, Darth Mortis. I think the biggest weakness in these games is in the backstory of the PC. Now, to be fair, BioWare almost always uses this formula (PC is some Chosen One who may have some awareness of this but, as the story progress, he learns more and more about his destiny, which is based on his past).

but there is still the trouble of the PC's past: the Jedi don't train adults per SW canon and so the idea of a half-baked pregen becomes popular.

but what are the other alternatives?

1) start as a Youngling and advance via Fable-style rapid aging.

2) [my fav] start as a 20-year-old who has already been a Youngling (as long as he can remember) and who still has a few more weeks of training to be dubbed a Padawan...you pick up the PC just as he is about to finish his training....oh, and you can still have some wacked-out backstory about how the PC's dad was a Jedi or Sith, etc....in fact, it would be nice to have more say in that....K2 had some of that customization (via dialogue) but not enough.

3) you start off as a teenage orphan who realizes he is Force sensitive and wants to learn more....

4) start off as a Sith apprentice (doubt they would do that though).

the bottom line is that we need to start with what amounts to a clean slate and not with trying to regain something that was lost (and having no control over what that is).

the half-baked pregen is the easy way out but terrible for roleplaying and EU continuity.

I think I'd rather just be some Republic Senator who ends up in possession of the Ebon Hawk and T3-M4 (let's just say HK-47 is out of the picture to allow him to wind up on Mustafar some 3952 years later). T3-M4 can properly inform him/her of the Sith threat and the Senator's actions can influence the Republic in how they prepare for this threat.

And on a totally different topic, we need a Mon Calamari who shouts "IT'S A TRAP!" at some point during the game

DAWUSS

Guest The Architect

Personally, I believe that whether the new main character in KotOR III is someone who will regain their connection to the force (just like in KotOR and TSL) or not depends upon what the story is about and the time span of the story.

So the question is, do people want KotOR III to be about a new main character who becomes strong in the force, goes to the unknown regions, finds out what happens to Revan and the Exile, meets them perhaps, learns all about the

Edited by The Architect

Personally what I really want to see is BOTH the romantic stories from KOTOR 1 and 2 to be in KOTOR 3. I want to further the story of Bastilla and Revan (Or Carth if you were female.) In KOTOR 2 I was able to create a rather small romance between Visas and the Exile (MALE) which I want to further. I was also able to get a little romance going with Atris on my second run through but both of the romances were cut short by the games end >.<. Not sure if there are any formable romances playing a female as I stick with my true gender whenever possible. So this is my plea for KOTOR 3, I want to be able to further the romances of these characters.

P.S. I know Kreia said that the Exile would do as Revan did and leave his companions (She specifically mention Visas for me and the way my character asked about her it was obvisious he considered her to be romantically involved.) but who is to say that some of the most enjoyable characters from 1 and 2 won't follow the Exile and meet up with Revan and he a little into the game?

I think a fable style beggining would be good. Starting out on coruscunt as a child would serve as a good tuturial, then teenage years where a master takes you as his padawan where you go on your first mission to a planet perhaps like taris or peragus. And after that the councill assigns both of you to find out what happened to reven and the exile. Thats my take on what would be cool to happen at least.

They could include some cool stuff into that, building a lightsaber, training and such

I think a fable style beggining would be good. Starting out on coruscunt as a child would serve as a good tuturial, then teenage years where a master takes you as his padawan where you go on your first mission to a planet perhaps like taris or peragus. And after that the councill assigns both of you to find out what happened to reven and the exile. Thats my take on what would be cool to happen at least.

They could include some cool stuff into that, building a lightsaber, training and such

Since it is stated that the Exile was the only Jedi around at the time of KOTOR 2 you couldn't have a master in this way unless the game was taking place quite a few years after the last game-at least 10-20 years which would be a little long I think to tie everything in.

You could do up to the teenage years, but leave it with your master getting killed and you stranded on a planet. Maybe you've been stuck on the planet for years without a way to leave when a small ship (The Ebon Hawk) crashlands on the planet. You'd have a good reason to be totally ignorant of whats been going on in the Galaxy if you'd been stuck on some slimey mudhole in the middle of nowhere. If your playing as LS you'd want to find the rest of the Jedi to see if you can help, if your playing DS you could be out to get revenge for never coming to pick you up.

A totally unrelated idea would be to give all the jedi in your party a Create/build lightsabre skill. Instead of having to spend ages looking for a sabre they (and you) can build one if you have enough components. Sabres you make could be customised for the character who made them, and thus they grant them a small bonus when they are being used by them, but a penalty if anyone else tries to use them. This would also allow each customised sabre to have a different hilt depending on who build it. You could also balance things by saying that the basic sabre can only be upgraded after you each a particular level.

For example you start with a basic sabre, and the only thing you can change is the colour of the main crystal. When you reach level 3 you can add a single crystal to that, at level 6 you can add another crystal and so on. If these upgrades are based on the level of the character that made the sabre in the first place it would make combat harder-no more jedifying a party member then giving them a sabre that gives then huge bonuses in combat. It would also mean that sabres you pick up can't be upgraded, if you want to use two lightsabres with upgrades you'd have to make another sabre. It would be interesting as well if you can only make a single bladed sabre at the start, a short sabre a few levels later and a dualbladed sabre a few levels after that.

you guys say that this is how it should be done and this and that but how disappointed would you be come time the game comes out and it is exactly as you said it should be and you know everything that is going to happen. that would be one ****ty experience. i say dont try to put story ideas into the devs head cause that could only screw up the plot and leave us all disappointed.

you guys say that this is how it should be done and this and that but how disappointed would you be come time the game comes out and it is exactly as you said it should be and you know everything that is going to happen.  that would be one ****ty experience.  i say dont try to put story ideas into the devs head cause that could only screw up the plot and leave us all disappointed.

I don't think the Devs will copy an whole storyline from this thread created by some member.

I think they, if they ever make an third game, will make an story none of us ever could have thought of. :(

But sure, they might come to this thread and gain some inspiration or something like that. ^_^

Edited by Accept