KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I think the player should be given the option of choosing what species they want their Jedi to be (Rodian, Twi'lek, Ewok [lol], human, etc.)

My five planets would be: Dantooine, Coruscant, Alderaan, Dathomir, and either Naboo or Deralia.

As for robes, maybe there could be some way to combine the robes of I and II, so the player may have the choice to remove the cloak and fight in the looser robes when necessary (like fighting a big boss, Sith Lord, etc.).

And maybe, for once, have a Sith Lord has is not scared in any way (Sion, Palpatine, Malak, Vader, c'mon, it's getting old).

...i say dont try to put story ideas into the devs head cause that could only screw up the plot and leave us all disappointed.

well, there is truth in that....the "main story" has to be something of a mystery so, if you write out (and post on public fora) a full-blown story map, well, they probably aren't going to use that based on that fact alone.

your best bet for story ideas is snail mail and/or email. they will still say that they don't read it, but that kind of disclaimer is to be expected....those 2 options are still your best bet.

still, there is nothing wrong with suggesting (here, on public fora) what you think the general jist of the next story should be (after all, the last one WAS a cliffhanger) and, certainly, there is nothing wrong with gameplay suggestions.

I suspect that someone involved with the production of this franchise looks here for gameplay suggestions from time to time.

As far as something like whether your character should start off as a trainee or be a retired Dark Lord of the Sith who has anmesia, well, I admit that that does have something to do with the main story (especially if they use the later concept) but that sort of thing (character generation and ownership) is such an important part of the rpg experience that I think it really boils down to a gameplay issue rather than a story issue....trust me, there are a number of different ways to tell the story, even if they want the PC to be the end-all, be-all. It is just that the half-baked pregen (especially when anmesia is involved) is a really cheap trick that we don't need to see again in this franchise, IMO.

I think the player should be given the option of choosing what species they want their Jedi to be (Rodian, Twi'lek, Ewok [lol], human, etc.)

My five planets would be: Dantooine, Coruscant, Alderaan, Dathomir, and either Naboo or Deralia.

As for robes, maybe there could be some way to combine the robes of I and II, so the player may have the choice to remove the cloak and fight in the looser robes when necessary (like fighting a big boss, Sith Lord, etc.).

And maybe, for once, have a Sith Lord has is not scared in any way (Sion, Palpatine, Malak, Vader, c'mon, it's getting old).

Deralia would be great! I always wanted to know, what Revan's homeworld is like. Dantooine, Alderaan and Naboo are too equal, to be put together in one KotOR. I'd rather have more different places like in KotOR. KotOR II was inferior in that point, too. Smaller worlds with the same dark atmosphere on every planet... that was so boring! My choice would be: Coruscant, Naboo, Tatooine, Hoth, Korriban and Deralia.

I like the idea with the robes. You could have some advantages while fighting Jedi or Sith without a robe (saving throws etc.). That also might be the reason, why they are taking off their robes in the Star Wars Movies :) .

Read it the topic, and yeah your sig way to big, any annoying and poorly done but other then that you got the anakin bad guy look good great.

But it's all be said before, I want them both dead, and for the jedi to burn, and the creep keeper to come out in kotor 3 and kill all the pew pew bad guys.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Thank you good sir, so what would you rather have

1. Revan come back and fix the Repulic

or

2.Exile come back and save the Republic

or

3. Get to see what Revan and Exile (lady of course) ended up fighting

Well obviously his problem lies with your pic spamming kbye.

There, is that any better?

No, I think you should remove it completely kthx.

Some people thought that maybe they could combine KOTOR with the Jedi Academy system. It would definately make the fights interesting, but maybe long.

I thought maybe the storyline could have the main character starting out as a child and an apprentice and eventually gowing up to become a full Jedi.

If KOTOR III does bring Revan and the Exile back in, maybe, at the beginning of character creation, the player should be given the option of creating Revan and the Exile so the player can encounter them in the game. The could choose the faces ( the ones used in I for Revan, and the ones in II for the Exile), their Jedi class (maybe the Prestige class as well), and what lightsabers to use.

If possible I would definitely like to start out as a full fledged jedi that is either about to become a padawan or already is. Since that doesn't really fit with the kotor 2 scenerio provided I think they could go in a number of directions. Since they're no jedi masters, you could be echani and learn from echani pros and then later in the game become a jedi master through your own means.

First I like the idea of having someone tracking your every move and trying to sabotage you. I've always wanted a bobbo fett character in the game, either on your side or against you. I think this role would be the perfect part for a character like that. He should come along every once in a while and each time he'd have some new toys up his sleeve.

As for the character you would control I think being a force sensitive child or an echani kid on an outer rim planet would do fine. Since it's been brought up that it's not plausible to be a random dude with no real force experiance could ever take a person like Revan I think the planet you start out in would have some old true sith ruins that only you can really enter, this would further your reason to track down the true sith since you start out having ties with them, while having no retarded mandalorian fighting past with Revan. The ruins would be something like one of the caves that store force crystals and would inspire your force abilities. Ofcourse this wouldn't be enough to train you in the ways of the Force but it would start you out. Some how this would lead you to leave your planet and visit different planets and along the way pick up other people who you would have a vested interest to involve play time into.

The problem I had in both kotor 1 and 2 is that the characters were some what useless. The only characters i used were the exile, visas, kreia, and the other girl who later became a jedi since they are so overwhelmingly powerful compared to non force characters. When I say vested interest it would be like the echani girl. You worked to level her up and go through conversation to turn her into a jedi. I think adding this to a large part of the cast would be extremely nice and make it so you have to actually play with characters instead of your chosen few. What I don't want is having to use characters or items to get past certain parts of the game. Like having to use the mechanic to open the energy barriers.

But when it comes down to it, ultimately what i want to from kotor 3 is an enthralling story with multiple plot twists, decent fighting (the system doesn't bother me but a change would be nice), a polished game that isn't rushed and filled with bugs,a moderately large variety of fighting styles/moves/skills that are actually useful but not needed to progress, a cast of characters that you can enjoy and want to dig deeper into each of their unique stories and something nice to look at. I'm not asking for top of the line next gen graphics but some nice scenery shots and decent graphics, oh and for the Love of all that is in my heart for moses make it for pc too.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well I think my reasoning makes sense. Since they're are no real jedi left except for the sith and they sure as hell wouldn't start as a sith apprentice being echani is the next best thing. As shown with the one chick the echani can use the force and become strong fighters. It would put a new twist on things in my opinion and a good one at that.

I really think that kotor 2 had some good ideas. The farther you progress into light or dark your comrades follow you but thats how everything was. It was cool on paper but it was no where near developed and fleshed out enough to actually enrich the game. Instead it kind of put a damper on it which sucks. But light/dark should definitely define how you interact with not only your characters but certain factions. Say you kill some crime boss out of spite, commoners might regard you as good and rival groups might consider you an asset that they could use. This could also be used to decide certain characters you could get in your group. Such as the bobbo fett character i mentioned earlier. This would also lead you to replay the game multiple times to get different characters.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well with the Echani girl (Handmaiden), she was level six when she came aboard. I kept her at that level till she became a Jedi. Then, when I leveled her up, she had a ton more Force powers and so very powerful.

If the ideas for being born on the Outer Rim work, maybe the player's master could be someone from Revan or the Exile's crew to be the player's Master. So maybe we can fidn out what happened to Jolee or Juhani, Atton or Visas, and the rest of the crews after Revan and the Exile left. Also, they might be able to gatehr clues as to where those two went to. I still like my idea of creatign Revan and the Exile during character creation.

I would like to see....

*Open Multi-classing, I want to choose each level which class to advance in or a new class to take.

*Optional NPCs, I want to choose which ones come with (example: Atton would have never made it off Peragus, I never had a use for him except as a plot train character).

*More NPC Interaction. I liked it when the NPCs would interact with each other while traveling with me (more like KOTOR I than KOTOR 2)

*NPCs who take you on side quests to planets that have nothing to do with the main plot line.

*More places to visit in the galaxy that have nothing to do with the main plot line (see above, also think Yavin station form KOTOR I)

*I would like to see the point buy system increased to at least 32

*Implants put back to feat/class feature like in KOTOR I and not based on Con.

*Keep no level cap like KOTOR 2 (I had more than enough XP to be 23rd level when I completed KOTOR I)

*A complete manual for the game, if not printed then at least as a pdf (I really hated skill points per level listed as fast, average, and slow....give me numbers!)

*Increase skill points/ level for each class (I think guardian should have been 2, Consular 4 and Sentinel 6 or guardian 1, consular 2, and sentinel 4.

* Keep the combat system the way it is, I found it easy and enjoyable.

* Modable, so new adventures can be created (I've never been one to play through games more than once, since the plot line never really changes no matter how you play it.

All of my thoughts on this matter that I can recall right now