The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise! -Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition -Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

It pisses me off that I enjoy this album so much.

I mean, I'm so sick of hearing it's the best album of the year and there's not a bad song on it. I'm so sick of his **** lyrics and retardedly huge titles...

But goddammit Illinoise is just so beautiful.

e74864awyfz.jpg

This is probably the funniest album I have ever heard.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise! -Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition -Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

It pisses me off that I enjoy this album so much.

I mean, I'm so sick of hearing it's the best album of the year and there's not a bad song on it. I'm so sick of his **** lyrics and retardedly huge titles...

But goddammit Illinoise is just so beautiful.

^ hipster

I must admit, I am totally behind the idea of making an album for every state in the U.S. It would require a ridiculous amount of songwriting, and the possibilties really intrigue me. I mean, if there's going to be an album about Maine, you know there's going to be a song about lobsters. Maybe even rock lobsters... :ph34r:

So regardless of whether he can pull it off, it's a cool idea. I'm just surprised Ryan Adams didn't think of it first. I guess he'll just stick to making three albums a year that aren't about states.

Warren Zevon - I Was in the House When the House Burned Down

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I don't want to be a hipster. :devil:

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Fine, after I finish listening to this album, I will listen to some Godsmack. THAT'LL SHOW YOU.

Yep, Godsmack will kill your hipster cred every time.

That Chicago song is the only SS tune I've actually heard. Like you, I have heard the yammering of the indie press about how he's the greatest thing since Wayne Coyne - but I haven't gone out of my way to make my own judgment.

The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

^ hipster :lol:

Chicago is a really good song. Other really good songs on the album are "Come On! Feel The Illinoise! -Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition -Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream", "Jacksonville", "Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Step Mother!", "The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" and "The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out To Get Us!" (which I am currently listening to).

Goddammit, screw those huge song titles. If I had written those songs, they would have been titled "Illinoise", "Decatur", "Metropolis" and "Wasps"...

Melechesh - Emissaries and the Mysterium Magistratum

Best ****ing black metal album ever.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I must admit, I am totally behind the idea of making an album for every state in the U.S. It would require a ridiculous amount of songwriting, and the possibilties really intrigue me. I mean, if there's going to be an album about Maine, you know there's going to be a song about lobsters. Maybe even rock lobsters...  :ph34r:

It's bound for failure, if it has to be an exhaustive list; just think about the albums for the fortieth-plus states ... :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nah, I don't think he's even trying to make ALBUMS for all states. I bet some of 'em will be EP's or even just singles.

Currently listening to my guitar making sounds after my fingers touch it. Sounds that sound somewhat like a broken down version of Alice In Chains' "I Stay Away", which I am trying to figure out how to play.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I must admit, I am totally behind the idea of making an album for every state in the U.S. It would require a ridiculous amount of songwriting, and the possibilties really intrigue me. I mean, if there's going to be an album about Maine, you know there's going to be a song about lobsters. Maybe even rock lobsters...  :ph34r:

It's bound for failure, if it has to be an exhaustive list; just think about the albums for the fortieth-plus states ... :("

Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream. Still, he's said he would then he's said he wouldn't. Either way, he's got two down, 48 to go.

Wikipedia link about the 50 States Project.

Todd Snider - Looking for a Job

No More Tears- Ozzy Osbourne

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The Police - Can't Stand Losing You

Now it's the Backbeat Band - Money/Long Tall Sally

1994:

Greg Dulli / Afghan Whigs, Twilight Singers

Dave Grohl / Nirvana, Foos, QOTSA, Probot, Pete Yorn :huh:

Dave Pirner / Soul Asylum

Thurston Moore / Sonic Youth

Mike Mills / R.E.M., Hindu Love Gods :-

Don Fleming / Gumball

It's basically an alt-rock all-star band covering songs the Beatles covered in their bar band days. Oh, and it kills.

I love that if there's a 30 second instrumental break, Dulli smokes a cigarette. :D

Edited by Darth Drabek

They even made a pro video with the single for 'Money'. I remember it being a black and white dealy with lots of camera stops. Then again, my memory told me that Dulli wasn't in the live lineup that I just watched. <_<

And Don Fleming has a ****load of producer credits to his name. He produced the Posies' Frosting On The Beater, as well as TFCs' Bandwagonesque.

While we're talking decent movie music, I'll present the flip side of the coin:

Paul McCartney - Spies Like Us

Dan Akroyd:"Hey Paul, we need a song for Chevy and I's new movie, there's a hundred and fifty grand in it for ya"

McCartney:"What's it called?"

DA:"Spies Like Us. It's a zany romp with hot Russian chicks. Should we send you an advance copy"

PM:"No need, mate, I've already written the song out in my head. How soon will I get the cheque?"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Most of the videos I found on YouTube just had the second half of that performance, for some reason.

Whiskeytown - Not Home Anymore

Is Strangers Almanac the definitive alt-country album? Most people would say no... I would say ... maybe! It's definitely my favorite Ryan Adams-related album, that much is sure.

Buck Cherry - Crazy Bitch :)"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast