Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Plus, it doesn't star Rutger Hauer... now, you might, of course, believe this doesn't have much to do with its philosophical exploration of various themes and motifs, and you might be, by some bizarre interference of God (praised be his name), right; but, like, you're wrong... mmm, Rutger Hauer... seriously, though, I haven't seen it a long time, so who knows, I'm not extremely fond of me-2 years' opinion (on almost everything).

I really loved Blade runner up until the androids take over the house that house where they end of fighting. Watching them do lame cartwheels is a little weird. I did a report once on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, maybe I'm just bias after reading the book( SOOO GOOD!). I'm a Di ck (thats what they call Philip K. Di ck Fans).

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

THe main character an android, or cyborg since she still is partially living, is so complex that she seems to be a human, or something even more. She thinks about her own existance, the world around her and its purpose. It shows that programming can be so complex that it can reproduce what being human is.

I hope this helps.

Clicky!!!

We know what it's about. What we want to know is why you think it's so deep.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

THe main character an android, or cyborg since she still is partially living, is so complex that she seems to be a human, or something even more. She thinks about her own existance, the world around her and its purpose. It shows that programming can be so complex that it can reproduce what being human is.

I hope this helps.

Clicky!!!

We know what it's about. What we want to know is why you think it's so deep.

When the android sits and starts to think, she actually follows through with entire thoughts, not just clever one liners. I think the points are deeper then the ones in Blade Runner, although Blade runner is a great movie too, i find it a bit cheesey at times IE the make up, lame cartwheels.

Ghost in a shell also reminded me of Jane in Enders Game, how she comes back as a program on the computer networks. And when their in the clinic looking at the sex robot that tried to commit suicide, how they described the robot as a doll, then a child as a doll to becuase it didn't have free will.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Rutger Hauer was great in Blade Runner.Sure, he sucked in about everything else he did, but that shouldn't take away from his performance in the best sci-fi flick of all time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/news/page/0...1290764,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/sto...1290567,00.html

He was pretty good in The Hitcher, too.

Just watched Sin City ... I can see why they are making a sequel, though I can't say I'll be queuing up to watch it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Rutger Hauer was great in Blade Runner.Sure, he sucked in about everything else he did, but that shouldn't take away from his performance in the best sci-fi flick of all time.
You are insane, I mean a) Soldier of Orange? Blind Fury? Flesh & Blood? Omega Doom? Nighthawks? Now, I'd never make a statement regarding their overall quality (with a few exceptions, naturally), but, Rutger Hauer is utterly fantastic (well, okay: pretty good) in (damn near) all his films, even if everything around him blows faster than a matriarch whore on Christmas eve... he's got style, and class and a a beautiful artistic affinity towards swords... (totally) best 80s action star, gajo, you can have your muscle-wobbling Swede... and b) I'd keep Blade Runner, 2001 and Alien, and replace everything else with: Stalker, Brazil, Delicatessen, Fahrenheit 451, RoboCop, Videodrome and Sleeper.... no specific order, of course.. special (if not mad) props: Escape From New York, City of Lost Children, They Live, Aliens, A Clockwork Orange, Charly, 1984, etcetera.

I can agree with that, except for two things. Robocop sucks except as a mindless action flick, and at that is just ok (Terminator is better). And I wouldn't take out Solaris.

By the way, didn't you hate Jean Pierre Jeunet?

Dark Star and The Thing would look well on the mad props list.

Edit: And how the hell do you remember all those Hauer flicks? I've seen quite a few of them and quickly proceeded to forget them all.

2nd edit: Here's an awesome horror movie for you to see.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

I can agree with that, except for two things. Robocop sucks except as a mindless action flick, and at that is just ok (Terminator is better).

You are insane - the violence is way way better... and Peter Weller!... and the usual Verhoeven social commen-drivel!... the violence!... "Bitches Leave!"... it was glorious... best movie for 10 year olds ever.

And I wouldn't take out Solaris

Honestly, I'd rather watch Soderbergh's. I'm pretty sure Tarkovsky himself preferred Stalker and was, well, pretty disappointed with Solyaris... something about it not eschewing the genre's conventions.

By the way, didn't you hate Jean Pierre Jeunet?

Sorta, but I'm totally homo for Marc Caro.

As for the Hauer flicks, my father's what you may call a fan - I've got a bunch of 'em on VCR, plus, they used to play them on the telly all the time when I was a kid.

PS: From the guy who did A Bittersweet Life? That was fun.

PPS: Hey, I got the Haunting this morning and this discussion's made me search for my Stalker DVD... good times.

How big is your dvd collection?

Heja Sverige!!

Ok, how large is you film collection?

Not really. And I'd reckon that if there are any they probably suck the big one. If there was even just a mildly fun Sci-Fi Kung-Fu movie, it would automatically become a cult favourite.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't think I've seen Omega Doom. I may have seen Nemesis on TV, but I'm not sure.

Heja Sverige!!

Do they air a lot of crummy Z-Grade-action-flicks-posing-as-borderline-decent-films in Portugal?... ever see Knights? According to wikipedia, Albert Pyun trained under Kurosawa - now there's a laugh.

I just watched The Day The Earth Stood Stupid.

They lots of Z grade action movie. Whether they pose as decent films or not is irrelevant.

Heja Sverige!!

28 Days later was completely awesome. I loved the filming and editing and none of the actors were half bad.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Mummy (1999). 12.99 at Albertsons. Silly fun, plus lots of cute guys.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The King - a small and rather dark dramatic film with William Hurt and a bunch of other people I've never heard of. It's an odd movie, to say the least. There's some good things about it, but the characters are, to me, generally so unappealing for various reasons that you don't really care one way or another what happens to them, and I think you're supposed to (care).

It has one of those ambiguous endings, too. Well, the very final seconds that is - the main climax is pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts