Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

One thing you all should watch (and something that I think should be implemented into the RPG somehow) is the deleted scene from Alien (there are several, but you'll know the one I'm talking about when you see it), which managed to freak me out just as much as anything else from the movie some 10 years after I first saw the film. Crazy ****.

I just watched the Death Note movie. Pretty good if you're a fan. I don't like the way this Ryuk convulses when he laughs, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect

But Pop, that's your opinion only. Obviously you have every right to yours, but then so does everyone else. No one gets to be the final arbiter of what movies are and aren't any good. Name me one movie which everybody who has seen it likes, and name me one movie which everybody who has seen it does not like.

I haven't seen XXX and Sphere, so I might agree with you that they're crap, but IMO, Shaft and Die Hard: With a Vengeance are good, especially DH:WaV, which IMO is awesome. And the PT? Well yeah, it's not exactly any good, but it had the potential to be better IMO, but yet again, SLJ wasn't really in it that much.

Edited by The Architect

George Washington

This movie is sorta of like a cross between Gummo and Requiem For A Dream

has the same "I want to shoot myself" effect too

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Saw Children of Men. Typical Dystopia. The world is going to ****, the people of the world are going to ****. Everyone is dying or succumbing to despair, often both. But, there's a glimmer of hope we're going to lead you to and then just drop you off at to leave the rest to your imagination.

Good movie, nontheless.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

May

Some how this movie is listed as a comedy, but its not too terribly funny. What is really disturbing about this movie is how eerily similiar the main charater is to a girl I grew up with. I dunno if I would recomend this movie to anyone really.

Well I guess I'm off to watch either Bubba Ho-Tep or go over to my friend Mattie's and watch a copy of Grindhouse I'm sure I don't want to know how he obtained.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Saw Children of Men.  Typical Dystopia.  The world is going to ****, the people of the world are going to ****.  Everyone is dying or succumbing to despair, often both.  But, there's a glimmer of hope we're going to lead you to and then just drop you off at to leave the rest to your imagination.

Good movie, nontheless.

Yeah, I thought it was not that good towards the end, and the premise is somewhat weird, but the atmosphere and surroundings they set up are fantastic.

An Inconvenient Truth

WOW! I do feel there is hope in there ... but it needs a lot of people to take a lot of responsibility ... lots to think about indeed.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

An Inconvenient Truth

WOW! I do feel there is hope in there ... but it needs a lot of people to take a lot of responsibility ... lots to think about indeed.

Yeah I've been wanting to see that as well..

guess I have a list now! ^_^ I also wanna catch these films:

The Fountain

The Prestige

Children of Men

Has anyone seen them? recommendable?

I just saw "This divided State" - and I like how objective it is compared to alot of it's siblings.. it shows how narrowminded everyone can be - and how the actually resonable few are drowned in the masses of stupidity and pride.

Fortune favors the bald.

Wonderboys

I love Wonderboys, it's in my top 3 movies of all time. I really really need to find the original book and induge on it. Yet, I doubt it's going to be good without Douglas' rugged charisma and Maguire's whimsical performance. Such a great, great movie, and I don't even pride myself as a writer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It really does. Nothing beats wrath of khan.

The Undiscovered Country. :)

Strange that you should mention that, it was part of the C4 double bill early this evening. Didn't think much of it to be honest, they somehow managed to work Shakespearian dialogue in every line Christopher Plummer had. How did they do that, and why? I mean we get the idea, the man likes his Shakespeare, why labour it?

As for Wonderboys, wonderful film.

"Go home to your mother, Vernon." :lol:

Happiness of the Katakuris - Um, yeah.

Inserts - Dreyfuss and Harper make a good couple; Bob Hoskins is the man; decent, not great, not rubbish.

Harlene: You really should clean your pool.

Boy Wonder: Where would I piss?

Narc - Effing intense; flawless direction, flawless writing, shades of grey upon shades of grey; Liotta's a treat.

High Fidelity - Was there really a moment in time - after Cobain gulped it - when Nevermind was not maligned by hipster dorks, but actually embraced? Good film.